GDB's Multi-Strain Smoke Reports

Critical Kush

This one is exciting and I'll tell you why in a bit.

I started her in early December and flipped her around Feb. 1st. She was taken down in early May after 97 days in flower.

She was a pleasure to grow and was the first plant I grew using @GeoFlora Nutrients. Though it took me a minute to figure out the GeoFlora, she did not punish me much for my mistakes. She yielded 423g wet and was sticky-icky.

Here she is on her last day with some slight purple tones.
Critical Kush II end d97 5-7-21.JPG

And after takedown.
P1040887.JPG

Sticky.
IMG_2755.JPG

Now to the exciting part (for me anyway)!

This plant tastes way better than anything I've ever grown! It hits you deep in the chest and is so flavorful that your lungs want to sing. On the exhale, just more flavor!

I'm not that good at discerning tastes, but this bud has an earthy taste. It's not really sweet but very pleasant tasting. The high is quite decent though I don't remember it being earth-shattering. (To be honest, I haven't smoked it in a while and don't really recall the specific high. Ahhh, but the taste!)

I'm excited because I've heard lots of growers promote the taste of organically grown weed over that grown in synthetic or salt-based nutrients. This is my first taste of organically grown (that I'm aware of) and I might have to agree with pro-organics crowd.

It's still early. I have more organically grown plants in various stages of curing now so I'll be in a better position to judge soon enough.

8.5 out of 10 stars

Peace.
I am starting my 2nd run and am using Geoflora this time. How did you dial it in? What did you figure out?

I am starting my 2nd run and am using Geoflora this time. How did you dial it in? What did you figure out?
Sorry for the delayed response, @DeeBoy. For some reason I didn't get an alert to your post, or I missed it.

I'm not sure I dialed it in or figured much out.

Two things I can tell you:

1) There's no need to be stingy with GF. Err on the side of overfeeding.

2) Water it in super slowly and try not to get much runoff.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you. It seems to be a nice product that is super easy to use. There may come a time when you might need to add a little calmag or otherwise tweak it, but it works pretty well on its own!

Hey grow group.

It is with a heavy heart that I present this "smoke report."

I had been looking forward to sampling my Chiquita Banana grown with Geoflora nutrients. I thought that it would really be tasty due to the organic nutes.

I jarred it up on 8/26 but when I went to burp it the other day I saw that mold had overtaken the entire bunch. "Fooey" was a word that came to mind.

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

So this was the smoke report that wasn't.

What can I say? :straightface:

Hey folks.

Today I'm reviewing a Chiquita Banana from 420 sponsor WeedSeedsExpress.

I grew this one using MegaCrop nutrients in a somewhat generic organic soil I got from the local hardware store.

She sprouted in mid May, was vegged for 64 days and was taken down 80 days later.

Around mid-life she encountered the Borg (spider mites) and from there on I believe she began to slowly degrade. But she held on and yielded a tiny bit more than 4 ounces of mostly firm buds.

She was thoroughly washed after harvest and has been curing since August 10th.

I smoked her at ground zero yesterday, preparing to do this report. But after I smoked a few @PerfectPipe bowls, I got off the computer and started traipsing around looking for other stuff to do.

I like that kind of weed! :ganjamon:

So I'm back today. I've smoked some more but have managed to stay planted here at the computer, and on the TV the 49er's are leading the Eagles.

The CB tastes earthy but has no real distinctive flavor that I can tell. Nothing about it suggests banana to me. It's a very smooth toke with no coughing, though some of that might be due to the @PerfectPipe!

The high I like (again)! Eyes wide open, focused and ready to get busy - at least for a while. The Sativa side is strong with this one!

Before the Borg she had her photogenic moments:
MC-CB D64+28.jpg

Here she is crawling to the finish:
C Banana 7-31-21 D64+75.jpg

And her obit pic:
MC-CB end front door 8-5-21.JPG

As I see her today:
MC-CB cured bud 9-19-21.jpg

Peace.

From your experience would you agree that the CB is a +30% thc-er?

Or would you say those test results make sense?
I can't say, @ChefDGreen.

I'm one of those folks who doesn't link the high to the thc percentage.

Thats true, but THC % means more yield on squishing
I'm not doubting that.

I'm just saying that my only gauge is how high I get, and I don't know how that correlates with the THC level. :ganjamon:

This is my humble review of a Godfather OG.

I'll start by saying that I just hit a @PerfectPipe bowl and this weed has really slowed down my typing. Not only that, but I'm sitting next to a window where 2 squirrels are frolicking in a large tree out back - a very amusing distraction for a city dweller!

So this is going to take me a bit of time.

I grew this plant in soil and fed her MegaCrop. She sprouted in mid-March and was vegged for 64 days. I took her down on Aug. 3rd after 78 days of flower.

She was in the same tent as the Chiquita Banana (see here) and also was assaulted by the Borg (spider mites).

I won't dwell on that. She went through basically the same thing as the CB but fought her way through.

The effect is wonderful! I'm feeling niiiice. It's supposed to be an Indica dominate strain (60%) but it feels more like a Sativa high to me. Darting my eyes around to keep up with the scampering squirrels felt like a game!

On post-flip day 15 (before the Borg)
GOG 5-31-21 D64 + 15.jpg

Limping to the finish line.
GOG 7-31-21 D64+75.jpg

Her obit pic
GOG end 8-3-21 flip78.JPG

Her buds are an interesting reddish-brown.
GOG cured buds 9-30-21.JPG

I'd like to run this one again without the Borg!

Peace.

Her buds are an interesting reddish-brown
They came out really nice looking. I’m quite impressed especially after what she had gone through. How many jars did you get filled? And what size pot is that? It looks tall and thin.
:passitleft:

They came out really nice looking. I’m quite impressed especially after what she had gone through. How many jars did you get filled? And what size pot is that? It looks tall and thin.
:passitleft:
Thanks, Nev.

I got 5 mason jars out of this one.

That's a 4 gallon pot but, yes, it's shaped like a silo. Not the best pot for a plant of that height. Too hard to balance when you pick them up! :Rasta:

Here's another long delayed smoke report.

This one is for a Grand Daddy Purple photo that I took down in May of this year.

She was a muscular plant that started out strong and the took 90 days after flip to get done!

She's been curing since mid-May and has become kind of formidable!

Here's a pic of her at day Flip + 56.
GDP II flip 56.JPG

And limping to the finish on her final day:
Grand Daddy Purple end 5-1-21.jpg

The take:
GDP end II 5-1-21.JPG

And how I see her today. I got 4.5 mason jars of her, and still have about 4.25 left!
IMG_3879.jpg

She's tastes great, but I'm unable to really describe like some can. I think I pick up a hint of berry, but that's about all I can say about taste.

She hits hard though! The expansion in your lungs is highly noticeable and, at my age, it's best to take small hits of her. I've seen some young guys around here that could roll a fat blunt with it and smoke it up in, like, four huge inhalations. But I must tread lightly with this one. :ganjamon:

I don't like to mess with the GDP early in the day because it makes me more lazy than I already am. She's great for night time relaxation or allowing the TV to watch you. :laughtwo:

I really like the GDP, but I use it sparingly!

Here's another long-delayed smoke report.

This one is about a Lemon AK auto that I took down in September, 2020.

Wow, talk about getting lost in the shuffle. This weed has been jarred for over a year and I honestly cannot recall having tried it one time. (I'm almost certain I must have. But I honestly don't remember doing it.)

She grew for 90 days and at the end:
1642873566612.png

I got 210g wet from her:

1642873615049.png

As seen today:
IMG_4070.JPG

I tried some at ground zero this morning. She does indeed have a sweet lemony taste. Even I can taste it! There's also some peppery thing going on with the lemon.

I don't need a lot to get me were I need to be. I didn't make through half a joint of this weed before I put it out and just enjoyed the ride. (That's a good thing to me. I really don't want any weed that requires a whole bunch of toking to get me "there.")

It's a nice mellow high. And it's helping with getting this post done by, I think, sharpening my concentration.

I like it!

Now I want to know what happened to the rest. I only have 1 Mason Jar of it. Where did it go? :Rasta:

It sure turned into a nice golden color or possibly I should say a lovely shade of sweet lemon.

Now I want to know what happened to the rest.
How many spare keys to that padlock on the chest?

Back
Top Bottom