Glookie (V2) - Delps8 Does NASC/Barney's Farm Glookies In DWC Again

I appreciate that argument and in a "normal" grow, I wouldn't have cut much of anything. My concern was getting air into the canopy — it was very, very dense so I decided to err on the side of caution.

Ironically, even after removing all that foliage, the Govee's are still reporting 60±, with one at 68 and one at 65.

What's interesting about this is that the tent is at 51± but even "bare naked" the RH in the canopy is 10% higher.

RE. "after all the sweet spot for cured flower is 58-62rh" - very true. I hand't thought of that but I was watching a YT video and that was the exact argument that the speaker was making and, I agree, that's a great way to frame it

In the back of my mind, though, was how this
IMG_0213.jpeg

end up like this

IMG_0210.jpeg

That plant had two 6" fans under it and it went right down the crapper over night or maybe a day or two.

So, yeh, a little skittish and, arguably, an overreaction but I don't want a a repeat of that disaster.

I'm also going to change my growing style. You've nudged into thinking about two plants in the tent and, if I do, it won't be two shrubberies in a 2' x 4. To do that, I'll have to do a lot less LST and will use the veg light for just a week or two and then switch to the flower light so they go vertical.
The rh in the canopy is always going to be higher as there is less air movement and that's where transpiration is happening . We as hydro growers also have to take into account the amount of water that we have under the plant and that its not sealed as it does add no matter how little to the rh.

Yes I understand the fear as I have been there and done that. We tend to worry about the plant/plants more so than we do ourselves or so it seems. Its natural in wanting the very best.

Oh yes one or two plants in a scrogg ..if you go through my current journal you will see that when I started I was going to let them go natural and then I couldn't help myself.. Once you Scrogg its all over as the benefits far exceed the work that goes into them in the beginning.

The rh in the canopy is always going to be higher as there is less air movement and that's where transpiration is happening . We as hydro growers also have to take into account the amount of water that we have under the plant and that its not sealed as it does add no matter how little to the rh.

Yes I understand the fear as I have been there and done that. We tend to worry about the plant/plants more so than we do ourselves or so it seems. Its natural in wanting the very best.

Oh yes one or two plants in a scrogg ..if you go through my current journal you will see that when I started I was going to let them go natural and then I couldn't help myself.. Once you Scrogg its all over as the benefits far exceed the work that goes into them in the beginning.
One scrogged plant would do a great job of filling up the tent but I've never tried a scrog. As it stands now, I'll end up with a lot of photons hitting the res. :-(

94/13.3/47

Wow, what a goat rope this has turned out to be…

Day 94 of my 2301 grow:

1712256376238.jpeg

and today:

IMG_1817.jpeg

"One of these is not like the other." :)

And the punch line is that this is, finally, a really good growing environment…setting aside the chemical warfare and getting my PhD in plant mangling from the Freddy Krueger School of Agriculture.

Put in a new res yesterday at ≈ 700/500 or 1.4. There are a few spots showing a deficiency and I'd added back about 50% of the res volume. The big indicator was that the increase in the amount of Down the doser was adding so, it was time. The weather was chilly over the weekend but yesterday was low 70's (normal temp for this time of year) so the deed was done.

In the photo above, that's the equipment I need for a res - 26 gallons from the cistern into a 32 gallon trash can, mix the nutes, pump the res out into the backyard, and then pump from the trash can to the res. It takes the better part of an hour. No way would I do this without that sump pump (330 GPH, IIRC).

For safety's sake, I control the pump through the Kasa app that runs a SmartStrip. Given that I never touch the equipment when it's charged, I can't get shocked if things go bad. If worse comes to worse, I just hit the Off button.

Roots looking good. I know that this is a mucked up grow because the roots are still growing. That's normal (dis)coloration - the roots at the bottom are the oldest and, since they've been in the nutes for longest, they're the darkest, as well. The air stones are behaving, in that they're right where I put them.

IMG_1814.jpeg

With the "extra room" in the canopy, I added stood up some of the stems with yoyo's and got a good example of excessive light. One of the buds in the back ended up at 1215µmol which was a tad too high.

This is how they looked yesterday.
IMG_1825.jpeg

Check out the angle of the fan leaf!
IMG_1830.jpeg

About 60°?
IMG_1831.jpeg

Even at day 94, the plant is not well developed. There's been a strong, pleasant odor and the leaves have been stick for weeks but the buds aren't stacking.

Per this photo, I've moved that bud to the side as well as dropping the wattage and raising the light 1".

IMG_1832.jpeg

Light levels before and after adjustments:

1712259041456.png

Sorry to not have much report. There's not a lot going on but, there's always "the next grow", right?

94/13.3/47

Wow, what a goat rope this has turned out to be…

Day 94 of my 2301 grow:

1712256376238.jpeg

and today:

IMG_1817.jpeg

"One of these is not like the other." :)

And the punch line is that this is, finally, a really good growing environment…setting aside the chemical warfare and getting my PhD in plant mangling from the Freddy Krueger School of Agriculture.

Put in a new res yesterday at ≈ 700/500 or 1.4. There are a few spots showing a deficiency and I'd added back about 50% of the res volume. The big indicator was that the increase in the amount of Down the doser was adding so, it was time. The weather was chilly over the weekend but yesterday was low 70's (normal temp for this time of year) so the deed was done.

In the photo above, that's the equipment I need for a res - 26 gallons from the cistern into a 32 gallon trash can, mix the nutes, pump the res out into the backyard, and then pump from the trash can to the res. It takes the better part of an hour. No way would I do this without that sump pump (330 GPH, IIRC).
I like the pump in the pick it has some good power . If you have the abilty to shorten the hose from the pump to the res you would shave some time off .
For safety's sake, I control the pump through the Kasa app that runs a SmartStrip. Given that I never touch the equipment when it's charged, I can't get shocked if things go bad. If worse comes to worse, I just hit the Off button.

Roots looking good. I know that this is a mucked up grow because the roots are still growing. That's normal (dis)coloration - the roots at the bottom are the oldest and, since they've been in the nutes for longest, they're the darkest, as well. The air stones are behaving, in that they're right where I put them.

IMG_1814.jpeg
Nice root mass you have going on there!!!
With the "extra room" in the canopy, I added stood up some of the stems with yoyo's and got a good example of excessive light. One of the buds in the back ended up at 1215µmol which was a tad too high.

This is how they looked yesterday.
IMG_1825.jpeg

Check out the angle of the fan leaf!
IMG_1830.jpeg

About 60°?
IMG_1831.jpeg

Even at day 94, the plant is not well developed. There's been a strong, pleasant odor and the leaves have been stick for weeks but the buds aren't stacking.

Per this photo, I've moved that bud to the side as well as dropping the wattage and raising the light 1".

IMG_1832.jpeg

As far as the buds not stacking ..Im leaning towards nutrients or genetics ..you have everything in order for good flower production. Is this the fist time you have used the line you are using? I remember you said you had switched brands but I cannot recall if it was before this run or not.

a report is a report period. I say we still focus on this grow its not over yet. How may weeks do you think you have left 3 /4 ? If is this is the first time you have used the nutrients you are using then I say make a switch as cannabis puts on the most wieght etc..in the last 2 weeks . To me the worst thing that could happen is nothing and the best thing is they could put more wieght than they would have .

I like the pump in the pick it has some good power . If you have the abilty to shorten the hose from the pump to the res you would shave some time off .
Got a laugh out of that!

"Everyone knows" that red hoses are the fastest but they were out of stock so I had to go with green. ;)

Nice root mass you have going on there!!!
Yup, much better than when I first flipped. Roots tend to stop growing when the demand for vegetative mass stops, ie when the plant goes into flower. I do think that the root ball has continued to grow so I suspect that something's not right.

As far as the buds not stacking ..Im leaning towards nutrients or genetics ..you have everything in order for good flower production. Is this the fist time you have used the line you are using? I remember you said you had switched brands but I cannot recall if it was before this run or not.
They just started stacking yesterday. That seems "late in the game" and, coupled with my thinking that the root ball continued to grow well after flip, "I suspect that something's not right. "

a report is a report period. I say we still focus on this grow its not over yet. How may weeks do you think you have left 3 /4 ? If is this is the first time you have used the nutrients you are using then I say make a switch as cannabis puts on the most wieght etc..in the last 2 weeks . To me the worst thing that could happen is nothing and the best thing is they could put more wieght than they would have .
I'm not sure if this is a Glookie or a Dos Si Dos - I mixed them up when I culled one of the plants. I was using a 60-70 flower period which would give a chop date of 4/18/24 to 4/28/24. Trichome color - haven't even bothered to check. The big push for me is to have the harvest done before thrips (June'ish) but I've got Spinosad and will spray the plant with the in the near future.

Been using Jack's 3-2-1 for…I'm thinking a couple of years. No reason to switch — it's all the same 15 chemicals, right? — until I strayed off script using those silly Bloom nutes. A total waste but Jacks got a few $$ out of me. :)

96/13/5/49

Wow, almost 100 days!

With the new res, pH is dropping. Doser to the rescue! It takes a few minutes to run the pump to clear out the Down, run RO for a bit, and then prime the pump with Up. Ran lots of Up since the new res - 10 ml yesterday. Water's good, too 2.4 gallons in two days but some of that is because it's really dry in the tent.

RH has been in the 40's overnight and the C69 tells me that Hugh has been running during lights out. I'll shut off the tent dehu and see how that goes. The has been running for a few weeks and it showing 30's so the RH aspect is going well.

Dropped the wattage to 262 so PPFD/DLI is down a bit. I'll bump it back up. More light => more weed + I could use the heat in the tent. Cold as all get out here - 48° overnight and 42° tonight!

1712431496772.png

No pix yet - being lazy but I'm hoping that since buds are starting to stack, there will be something worth photographing soon.

Oh, yeh, I'm probably not going to be making those mods to the tent that you all have helped me with. I'm moving in the next few months (I'm getting "single") and there's a dearth of houses around here that have what I need for hydro - either an outdoor faucet from which I can run a hose into a garage or a faucet in the garage that I can run outside so I can pump out the nutes. The latest negotiations are that I can stay here "as long as you want" but my next grow would be in September or October. Ixnay on that. I need to be in my own place well before that so I might have to archive my tent like I did in 2017. :-(

Got a laugh out of that!
I could see that
"Everyone knows" that red hoses are the fastest but they were out of stock so I had to go with green. ;)
but its not the "red" ones its the shortest length of hose wins the draining race :)
Yup, much better than when I first flipped. Roots tend to stop growing when the demand for vegetative mass stops, ie when the plant goes into flower. I do think that the root ball has continued to grow so I suspect that something's not right.

They just started stacking yesterday. That seems "late in the game" and, coupled with my thinking that the root ball continued to grow well after flip, "I suspect that something's not right. "
My roots didn't stop growing until about week 5 , I should say that is when is sensed it as i was reaching my hand in the buckets moveing them after res changes to make sure all line where clear .

I'm not sure if this is a Glookie or a Dos Si Dos - I mixed them up when I culled one of the plants. I was using a 60-70 flower period which would give a chop date of 4/18/24 to 4/28/24. Trichome color - haven't even bothered to check. The big push for me is to have the harvest done before thrips (June'ish) but I've got Spinosad and will spray the plant with the in the near future.
I am certain that you will have harvested by june , unless you decide to revege it and flip it again but then you would create a monster of a plant :)
Been using Jack's 3-2-1 for…I'm thinking a couple of years. No reason to switch — it's all the same 15 chemicals, right? — until I strayed off script using those silly Bloom nutes. A total waste but Jacks got a few $$ out of me. :)
If you have been using the nutes for that long and never had any issues then my next question is how long have you had the jacks that you are using , some lines have expiration dates and they are just as real as them being designed for a specific amount of time to stay stable when mixed. If that's good then I would lean on genetics as you always keep your vpd in check and dli ..so if its not food or environment then its genetics.

I could see that

but its not the "red" ones its the shortest length of hose wins the draining race :)

My roots didn't stop growing until about week 5 , I should say that is when is sensed it as i was reaching my hand in the buckets moveing them after res changes to make sure all line where clear .

I am certain that you will have harvested by june , unless you decide to revege it and flip it again but then you would create a monster of a plant :)

If you have been using the nutes for that long and never had any issues then my next question is how long have you had the jacks that you are using , some lines have expiration dates and they are just as real as them being designed for a specific amount of time to stay stable when mixed. If that's good then I would lean on genetics as you always keep your vpd in check and dli ..so if its not food or environment then its genetics.
Agree - that's one of the reasons I started the grow on 1/1/24. I did a summer grow a couple of years ago and one was enough.

this just came to me with everything dialed in and its a long shot but definitely worth checking out since the tent is in a garage, is that they are running low on c02 . How you ask? Well if they are in a zip up tent and the air exchange is minimal with things dialed in like you have had them they could easily keep that room in the 200's instead of atmospheric level of around 450ppm and that would most definitely slow things down to about half the speed as well as the size. In my opinion.

this just came to me with everything dialed in and its a long shot but definitely worth checking out since the tent is in a garage, is that they are running low on c02 . How you ask? Well if they are in a zip up tent and the air exchange is minimal with things dialed in like you have had them they could easily keep that room in the 200's instead of atmospheric level of around 450ppm and that would most definitely slow things down to about half the speed as well as the size. In my opinion.
I don't understand "long shot". "Long shot for what?", I ask rhetorically. I believe plant growth was inhibited for some time and, since I've stopped poisoning the plant, I have no reason to think that there are on going issues.

CO2 runs a little above 500 PPM, per an Inkbird CO2 meter, when I've checked it.

The inline fan is running at 5 or 6 which is giving exchanging the air about every 40 seconds. The attached PDF has links to various pages that provide recommendations for air exchange. That's described in different ways so I normalized the recommendations to the number of times the air in the tent should be exchanged per minute. One or two of the values were outliers so I removed them.

Per the calculations, I need to run it at 4 to satisfy all of the recommended exchange rates. Out of habit, it's been running at 5 but, at times, I bump it to 6.

An underlying assumption is that fan speed, and therefore ventilation rate, increases in direction proportion to the the increase in fan speed.

I don't see any signs of ongoing inhibited growth. As best I can tell, growth was impaired by using too much H2O2 in the humidifier. I stopped that practice a few weeks ago but believe that it stunted the growth of the plant. ATM, I have no reason to believe that there are other issues with the plant.

Attachments

• Inline Fan Speeds.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 10
I don't understand "long shot". "Long shot for what?", I ask rhetorically. I believe plant growth was inhibited for some time and, since I've stopped poisoning the plant, I have no reason to think that there are on going issues.

CO2 runs a little above 500 PPM, per an Inkbird CO2 meter, when I've checked it.

The inline fan is running at 5 or 6 which is giving exchanging the air about every 40 seconds. The attached PDF has links to various pages that provide recommendations for air exchange. That's described in different ways so I normalized the recommendations to the number of times the air in the tent should be exchanged per minute. One or two of the values were outliers so I removed them.

Per the calculations, I need to run it at 4 to satisfy all of the recommended exchange rates. Out of habit, it's been running at 5 but, at times, I bump it to 6.

An underlying assumption is that fan speed, and therefore ventilation rate, increases in direction proportion to the the increase in fan speed.

I don't see any signs of ongoing inhibited growth. As best I can tell, growth was impaired by using too much H2O2 in the humidifier. I stopped that practice a few weeks ago but believe that it stunted the growth of the plant. ATM, I have no reason to believe that there are other issues with the plant.
Long shot meaning that it was doubtful that they where running out of co2 but a possibility none the less and when I was thinking about your post about them not stacking and what else it could possibly be aside what I had already mention co2 was the last thing.

Long shot meaning that it was doubtful that they where running out of co2 but a possibility none the less and when I was thinking about your post about them not stacking and what else it could possibly be aside what I had already mention co2 was the last thing.
Ah, got it.

They coming along but just slower than I expected/hoped/wanted. All the key indicators are good - water, PPM change, and pH dropping and, as of yesterday, now rising.

I hit "Maytag repairman" by grow three so all the pieces were in place as go a couple of years ago. In the years since then, I've done nothing but improve the environment and, when I go through the 10 parameters of the grow environment, the bing card is covered. The changes I was planning on were to allow me to get another plant in there. Perhaps the only thing I'd change is to swap out the Growcraft flower light for a Spider SE 4500.

Spider 450 watts

1712702595880.png

Growcraft X3 330 watts
1712702685552.png

The Growcraft was a great light four years ago but it can't compare the Spider, in terms of even light on the canopy. It's not too bad now, with one plant, but the difference would be more significant with two plants.

Day 107, week 15.2, day 60 of flower.

Haven't posted in quite a while (so sayeth Captain Obvious).

Part of it is that the grow has been on autopilot but I've had a series of life events (marital fracture, breast cancer, and multiple deaths) that have been like the proverbial Texas hailstorm - nowhere to run, nowhere you hide so you've just got to stand there and take the hits.

But all storm clouds clear eventually. The marital fracture has been repaired and it will heal, the cancer is now gone ("cancer free" in the words of the oncologist), and the dead have been buried and mourned.

With that cheery opening…

Yes, Betty (named after my fiancées partner's recently departed mother), is ready to harvest. A lot of the leaves have turned in just this past week and, when I checked with both lenses in my loupe, most of the trichs are clear but tthere's a good percentage of amber. It will take a day or two to build the Koolatron dryer but, as soon as that's put together, I'llget this plant chopped and start the drying and curing process.

Two big issues for this grow were to keep RH in check to avoid bud rot and, second, to ensure that thrips were not an issue.

In terms of bud rot, though I haven't checked the buds, I've avoided the conditions for bud rot, per the screenshots below. While seeking info re. the conditions for bud rot/botrytis, the pointy headed guys state that it thrives in temps < 74 and high RH and most lay sources agree, though in more general terms. I'll find out when I fire up the chain saw scissors.

1713377985430.png
1713378031494.png

Thrips - no sign of them. I checked a few of the leaves about a week ago and everything looked good. In the interim, I've done two drenchings with Spinosad and that will be washed away when I wash the buds.

A small plant with nice colors in some of the buds and two lessons learned.

IMG_1914.jpeg
IMG_1915.jpeg
IMG_1916.jpeg
IMG_1917.jpeg
IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1922.jpeg

I could see that

Dry salts don't really have an expiration date. It will last you a lifetime if kept dry and out of the elements.

It's only liquid solutions that may go bad since bacteria has a medium to inoculate ie water. Salts are self-sterilizing by nature since they are made of hard crystalline structures.

Grow 2401 is "in the can" (that's movie-speak) as of about an hour ago.

I called it on 4/20/24 but didn't get around to chopping until 4/21. There were just over a dozen branches, some of them just twigs, really, and I hung them from the two strings of parachute cord that I've strung up in my garage. This grow ended a little early so I didn't have the dryer put together yet. I had to jump through my ass a bit to get that finished off.

Upthread, I've used the term "modest" to describe the harvest and that was being polite. It's not a good sign when you can trim your harvest in about an hour. I've got photos, below, but there were only a few actual "buds" in the harvest and nothing memorable. Memorable in a positive way, that is.

Right before chop.
IMG_1934.jpeg

More roots than fruits.
IMG_1936.jpeg

Decent sized trunk but I lopped off a good % of the foliage a few weeks back. Check out the toothpick that I added when it germinated.
IMG_1938.jpeg

Two pictures of "the harvest". I hung the Govee's on the paracord. RH was 55%±.
IMG_1941.jpeg
IMG_1942.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpeg

Dry salts don't really have an expiration date. It will last you a lifetime if kept dry and out of the elements.

It's only liquid solutions that may go bad since bacteria has a medium to inoculate ie water. Salts are self-sterilizing by nature since they are made of hard crystalline structures.
I do not disagree.
Grow 2401 is "in the can" (that's movie-speak) as of about an hour ago.

I called it on 4/20/24 but didn't get around to chopping until 4/21. There were just over a dozen branches, some of them just twigs, really, and I hung them from the two strings of parachute cord that I've strung up in my garage. This grow ended a little early so I didn't have the dryer put together yet. I had to jump through my ass a bit to get that finished off.

Upthread, I've used the term "modest" to describe the harvest and that was being polite. It's not a good sign when you can trim your harvest in about an hour. I've got photos, below, but there were only a few actual "buds" in the harvest and nothing memorable. Memorable in a positive way, that is.

Right before chop.
IMG_1934.jpeg

More roots than fruits.
IMG_1936.jpeg

Decent sized trunk but I lopped off a good % of the foliage a few weeks back. Check out the toothpick that I added when it germinated.
IMG_1938.jpeg

Two pictures of "the harvest". I hung the Govee's on the paracord. RH was 55%±.
IMG_1941.jpeg
IMG_1942.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpeg
You are looking at it all wrong @Delps8 . In my eyes you had a successful grow. You harvested ripe smokable flower. the yield may not be what you wanted it to, but none the less it was a yield.

You tell me what parameters you didn't you have dialed in? Exactly you set the plant up for success and you had root system to provide it along with the plant structure. In my opinion you would have every right to have expected every branch to produce water bottle size colas.. so that leaves your light , your feed and plant genetics. If I had to pick one of those I'm going to choose the feed . I am still going to do a write up on what you posted about feed in my journal. I know for the most part all feed has the same ingredients however some have different forms of those ingredients and at different ratios ..its in the formula and that's why generic chocolate chip cookies do not taste or have the same consistency as chips ahoy and coca cola to pepsi etc ..its the formula ..I challenge you sir to do another run with the same setup and genetics and only using general hydroponics flora series 3 part instead of the jacks.

I do not disagree.

You are looking at it all wrong @Delps8 . In my eyes you had a successful grow. You harvested ripe smokable flower. the yield may not be what you wanted it to, but none the less it was a yield.
Like a lot of grows I see, this one was a tribute to the ability of cannabis to survive despite the efforts of the grower.

You tell me what parameters you didn't you have dialed in? Exactly you set the plant up for success and you had root system to provide it along with the plant structure. In my opinion you would have every right to have expected every branch to produce water bottle size colas.. so that leaves your light , your feed and plant genetics. If I had to pick one of those I'm going to choose the feed . I am still going to do a write up on what you posted about feed in my journal. I know for the most part all feed has the same ingredients however some have different forms of those ingredients and at different ratios ..its in the formula and that's why generic chocolate chip cookies do not taste or have the same consistency as chips ahoy and coca cola to pepsi etc ..its the formula ..I challenge you sir to do another run with the same setup and genetics and only using general hydroponics flora series 3 part instead of the jacks.
The plant suffered from being bathed in high levels of H2O2 in the humidifier water. Other than that, the environment was pretty much the same as pervious grows.

My perspective is that, for my environment, if I pull less than a pound from the plant, something went wrong. In this case, it did and it was self-inflicted.

Re your challenge - having some familiarity with the scientific method, I realize that would be a completely pointless endeavor. Given that the only thing in common between the two grows would be that they were both conducted in the same ZIP code, it would prove absolutely nothing.

If I want information about a line of nutrients, I can check the vendor's site. I've never seen a vendor provide actual research data showing that their product will produce a given delta in yield or quality versus other formulations and I highly suspect that the reason for why vendors don't have the research data is pretty simple - they can't produce any. If they could, they would, and I would be more than happy to switch to another product.

There is no magic bullet when it comes to nutrients. It's just 17 (or 18?) chemicals in a variety of combinations/ranges. When people who understand plant science discuss getting the most out of a plant, nutrients are way, way down the line. The reason for that is that plants only need to be in the "sufficiency range" for them to reach their genetic potential. A "magic elixir" may be very important to the grower but is meaningless to a plant.

Riffing on what someone told me three years ago - feed it, water it, give it as much light as it can handle and LTFA (and don't spray it with hydrogen peroxide!). It really is that simple.

Like a lot of grows I see, this one was a tribute to the ability of cannabis to survive despite the efforts of the grower.

The plant suffered from being bathed in high levels of H2O2 in the humidifier water. Other than that, the environment was pretty much the same as pervious grows.

My perspective is that, for my environment, if I pull less than a pound from the plant, something went wrong. In this case, it did and it was self-inflicted.

Re your challenge - having some familiarity with the scientific method, I realize that would be a completely pointless endeavor. Given that the only thing in common between the two grows would be that they were both conducted in the same ZIP code, it would prove absolutely nothing.

If I want information about a line of nutrients, I can check the vendor's site. I've never seen a vendor provide actual research data showing that their product will produce a given delta in yield or quality versus other formulations and I highly suspect that the reason for why vendors don't have the research data is pretty simple - they can't produce any. If they could, they would, and I would be more than happy to switch to another product.

There is no magic bullet when it comes to nutrients. It's just 17 (or 18?) chemicals in a variety of combinations/ranges. When people who understand plant science discuss getting the most out of a plant, nutrients are way, way down the line. The reason for that is that plants only need to be in the "sufficiency range" for them to reach their genetic potential. A "magic elixir" may be very important to the grower but is meaningless to a plant.

Riffing on what someone told me three years ago - feed it, water it, give it as much light as it can handle and LTFA (and don't spray it with hydrogen peroxide!). It really is that simple.
Its not about a "magic elixir" Its about product performance. Yes all the plants need the same nutrients and they are in all the lines and yet some products give better results and I feel that its safe to say that the reason for that is in the science they put into developing their formula and feed schedules/guides. I have witnessed these differences with different product lines. If you are happy with what you are using and the consistency of the results. I see no reason to switch.

I feel that your current results are not soley related to the h202.That is my honest opinion and you feel differently. So I will agree to disagree on the matter.

May your next grow/ journal be a phenomenal one no matter what product/products you use.

Its not about a "magic elixir" Its about product performance. Yes all the plants need the same nutrients and they are in all the lines and yet some products give better results and I feel that its safe to say that the reason for that is in the science they put into developing their formula and feed schedules/guides. I have witnessed these differences with different product lines. If you are happy with what you are using and the consistency of the results. I see no reason to switch.

I feel that your current results are not soley related to the h202.That is my honest opinion and you feel differently. So I will agree to disagree on the matter.

May your next grow/ journal be a phenomenal one no matter what product/products you use.
I've been running Jacks 3-2-1 formula for the last 7 years in DWC, Aero and now Coco coir.

Jack 3-2-1 is a traditional nutrient formula with high amounts of nitrogen in the mix, that needs to be taken into consideration.

You might get away with more overfeeding with a different mineral ratio with lower nitrogen. I like Jacks formula since it's a good formula to learn about plant nutrition since you won't get away with much overfeeding.

The biggest misconception about growing is that higher nutrient concentrations = higher rates of growth and yield. It's the completely other way around if you look at the litterature and science of keeping minerals bio-availability and the plants sensitivity to those minerals.

You need to run Jacks 3-2-1 at really low concentrations to have great results in water cultures. I keep saying less is more!

Cheers!

I've been running Jacks 3-2-1 formula for the last 7 years in DWC, Aero and now Coco coir.

Jack 3-2-1 is a traditional nutrient formula with high amounts of nitrogen in the mix, that needs to be taken into consideration.

You might get away with more overfeeding with a different mineral ratio with lower nitrogen. I like Jacks formula since it's a good formula to learn about plant nutrition since you won't get away with much overfeeding.

The biggest misconception about growing is that higher nutrient concentrations = higher rates of growth and yield. It's the completely other way around if you look at the litterature and science of keeping minerals bio-availability and the plants sensitivity to those minerals.

You need to run Jacks 3-2-1 at really low concentrations to have great results in water cultures. I keep saying less is more!

Cheers!
Thanks for the info. There's a good Jack's user base on another cannabis site where you and I are members but it seems that not that many growers here on 420 use it. I love it for its simplicity.

Do you use the same mix across each of those media?

Also, do you change your formulation in the course of your grows?

Back
Top Bottom