Goshawk's White Widow Super Silver Haze organic soil

Nice set up Bro! Like your attitude and Oh yeah... :welcome: to :420:. This is a great place for all your mmj knowledge base.

Your on track with the cal/mag issue, the addition of perlite and dolomitic lime plus the other steps you are taking, will go a long way to solving your "wet feet" issue, and help create a healthy environment for your girls. The plants look well on there way to a fruitful life :welldone: You have taken in a lot of info for your first grow and made good use of it. Cudos to you and plus reps! Keep up the good work and I'll get back here as often as I can. You'll find that just being yourself and keeping up that positive attitude will bring many followers to your journal. I wish you the best!

:peacetwo:

Hello Macgyverup! Welcome to my journal and thanks for confirming the cal/mag problem
and for all your kind words......the plants are looking better every day!..........;).............:high-five:

I see you are using azomite, I was told I should add it to my soil to help with my plants.

I am curious on your thoughts of using azomite.

Hello HomeMedGrower! I was talking with an organic grower from northern California and he recommended it to me since it contains over 70 active minerals and trace elements that are supposed to be good for growing plants. I think it's a good idea since some fertilizers and soil mixes could be deficient in some of them. He seemed very knowledgeable about organic growing and sent me a bag of it mixed with oyster shell and glacial rock dust when I bought a bat guano mix from him. Here's a link with more info Frequently Asked Questions............:hookah:

ok I am now caught up!!! you are having issues with your soil not going dry quick enough huh??? I have that same issue with my Indoors!!! I am using FF Happy Frog, it takes almost a week to dry out!!! it makes me nervous because I get afraid that I will cause nute burn or something like that cus of no watering in between or I get worried that I am going to miss a week feeding from the schedule!!! well im here now and will be here in my chair watching!!!

ok I am now caught up!!! you are having issues with your soil not going dry quick enough huh??? I have that same issue with my Indoors!!! I am using FF Happy Frog, it takes almost a week to dry out!!! it makes me nervous because I get afraid that I will cause nute burn or something like that cus of no watering in between or I get worried that I am going to miss a week feeding from the schedule!!! well im here now and will be here in my chair watching!!!

.....yeah I added about 1/3 perlite to the soil when I transplanted into the 10 gallon pots. I think the roots will have to grow out before I see the benefits. Right now it is still taking 5-6 days for them to dry out enough to water. I will see how things go and if it's needed I'll go up to 50% perlite on my next grow which might be a good thing since perlite is much cheaper than the FF Ocean Forest.......:goodluck:.....with your grow and I'm glad you're here!............:smokin:

Hey Gosh, thought I'd stop in and sub since the journal is still young. I'll be rescuing a couple SSH clones on monday so I'm interested to see how yours turn out. Good luck with everything, I'll be in from time to time, see ya around!
Oh and sorry to hear about the plumbing catastrophy! I'm a plumber and sure know what a disaster that can be! Hope you didnt get raked over the coals on the repair....

Hey Gosh, thought I'd stop in and sub since the journal is still young. I'll be rescuing a couple SSH clones on monday so I'm interested to see how yours turn out. Good luck with everything, I'll be in from time to time, see ya around!
Oh and sorry to hear about the plumbing catastrophy! I'm a plumber and sure know what a disaster that can be! Hope you didnt get raked over the coals on the repair....

Hello Quixilvir and Welcome to my grow journal!.......:goodluck: with your SSH grow and thanks a friend of mine helped me out so it wasn't too bad. We just had to figure out how to solder the copper pipe so that was the hard part. We could have used your expertise in showing us how to do that!......:blushsmile:....... I'll be posting an update with pictures soon.....:smokin:

I transplanted the younger plants from the 2 gallon pots to the ten gallon pots except for the Burmese Kush which I gave to a friend and the Confidential Cheese which went into a 5 gallon pot. The plants are looking much better! The tallest ones are about 21"-22" so I have decided to switch to the 12/12 flowering phase on Friday!........:party:.........:yahoo:.............so as you can see things are getting pretty exciting for me!......;).......the first week of September I will be adding a 600 watt HTG Supply digital metal halide and changing the 1000 watt mh bulb to an AgroMax high pressure sodium bulb. Also I will be adding a Frigidaire dehumidifier and then another 600 watt hps light the first week of October. I decided to go with 2 600 watt lights instead of another 1000 watter because they can be set closer to the plants, will be more versatile and overall much more light.....:thanks:......everyone for visiting and posting in my journal!.....so here's a few pictures of the plants............:smokin:.............:surf:.......

017-2.jpg

04644.jpg

044-1.jpg

04155.jpg

03463.jpg

04255.jpg

04934.jpg

05334.jpg

It has been a week since my plants made the switch to the 12/12 lighting schedule. They are doing well and growing fast! I pruned quite a bit from the bottoms and some from the insides of the plants. There were some whiteflies so I used Doktor Doom Total Release Fogger to kill the adults and AzaMax to treat the soil of eggs and larvae. Both contain naturally occurring substances which are organic friendly. Also I sprayed the tops and the bottoms of the leaves with plain water. I will repeat this treatment in ten days. The new light I ordered arrived but the filament inside the bulb was loose so I won't have it up and running until Friday which is too bad because the plants have grown beyond the light. So here's a few pictures until next time.......:smokin:..........

001683.JPG

010428.JPG

002713.JPG

Amazing growth! It's a jungle in there. Great work Goshawk! Question, how do you water the plants when they're so dense in forestry?

Hello Twelve12 and :welcome: to my journal! Thanks, if I had to water them all I would have to pull four pots
out to get to them. It's not that bad because the pots have rope handles on them and I usually only water
three plants at a time. Also pruning the bottom of the plants so there is room helps alot....... :rollit: ...... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom