Goshawk's White Widow Super Silver Haze organic soil

you have some great lookin plants there... nice setup! glad to hear that the police didnt tear your place up, if only it happened like that to everyone doin it legally.

Thank you jjames! .....yeah, if I wasn't home they would have taken all my grow equipment, plants and probably would have torn the place up "searching" for evidence. I put a copy of my doctor's medical marijuana approval form taped to the wall inside my grow room so hopefully that will not happen if I get another visit and I'm not home.......:hookah:......

Those colas are huge. Hope to get similar results using the Big Kahuna. I just ordered one with a 1K watt. Now I need to figure out how to hang this heavy thing. How do you hang yours? I'm liking the blue widow and original amnesia, love those bud formations. Would like a smoke report on those when you have a chance.

Those colas are huge. Hope to get similar results using the Big Kahuna. I just ordered one with a 1K watt. Now I need to figure out how to hang this heavy thing. How do you hang yours? I'm liking the blue widow and original amnesia, love those bud formations. Would like a smoke report on those when you have a chance.

Thanks Twelve12 I'm sure you will! The bat guano seems to work pretty good. Nice choice on the 1000 watt. I was just thinking earlier today about how I would like to buy another 1000 watter. Even though they say 600 watts is more efficient it takes twice as much room as the 1000 watt for just 200 more watts and the 1000 watt is much cheaper than 2 600 watt setups. It is not that heavy. I'm guessing around 25 lbs. I used the big eye bolts you can get at Lowe's and screwed them into the rafters. Then used an adjustable 1/8" rope ratchet cord they sell at hydro shops. HTG Supply has them also. So far the White Widow is very smooth and potent with a spicy smell and taste, relaxing and good for body pain. The Original Amnesia turned out to be a special plant. Beautiful to look at, frosts up heavy and early and the smell is incredible!.........:yummy:.........

Was thinking about the 2x 600w or a 1000w from bay with reflector hood cost about 300usd for it, but realized I should spend a bit extra for quality since those things from bay often made in China and can cause problems later, burn down the house or something. The investment was huge hope it pays for itself in one harvest. Want to go bigger for denser nugs. It will be setup next week. Thanks for the suggestion on the big eye bolts. I did order the 1/8" rope ratchet cord.

I have to agree, the Original Amnesia looks very good, what seed bank is that from?

Geez, I sure hope my current SSH turns out like yours! I have a Blue Widow seed, too, and REALLY hope it turns out like yours!
Thanks Quixilvir I'm thinking you will if you can wait her out! The303Stoner said his SSH took 17 weeks flowering time to finish. I didn't want to believe it but it's looking like mine may take that long. If you wait you will be rewarded with big fat cholas! The Blue Widow was a really nice plant to grow. The trichomes never went beyond a few amber ones.........:smokin:.......

Was thinking about the 2x 600w or a 1000w from bay with reflector hood cost about 300usd for it, but realized I should spend a bit extra for quality since those things from bay often made in China and can cause problems later, burn down the house or something. The investment was huge hope it pays for itself in one harvest. Want to go bigger for denser nugs. It will be setup next week. Thanks for the suggestion on the big eye bolts. I did order the 1/8" rope ratchet cord.

I have to agree, the Original Amnesia looks very good, what seed bank is that from?

Yeah it's a hassle returning things on eBay and they make you pay for the shipping. Htg Supply will just send out a bulb or whatever went wrong no questions asked. You're going to love the 1000 watter!........:goodluck:.........you're going to rock some big buds! The Original Amnesia is bred by Dinafem Seeds from the Attitude Seedbank........:rollit:.......

Thanks Quixilvir I'm thinking you will if you can wait her out! The303Stoner said his SSH took 17 weeks flowering time to finish. I didn't want to believe it but it's looking like mine may take that long. If you wait you will be rewarded with big fat cholas! The Blue Widow was a really nice plant to grow. The trichomes never went beyond a few amber ones.........:smokin:.......

Holy crap brother! 17 weeks!!?? That'll put a damper on my upcoming grow for sure! They're at 5 1/2 weeks now, and looking nice, but I planned to harvest in Jan...Guess we'll see huih!? I really dont go by the trichs anymore, but rather an overall visual and smell. Obviously, trichs get checked, and I wouldn't harvest with nothing but clear, but I've had a few that NEVER showed any amber....I've learned to judge by what I percieve to be "ripe"....

I am however, using a diminishing light schedule for the second half of flower. I'm hoping this will indicate that it's time to finish sooner. I've not done any research on that method, so I don't know if it will help...Here's hoping!

Hello everyone it's the 14th week since the switch to the 12/12 lighting schedule. I harvested the Blue Widow last night so there are 2 Super Silver Haze and 1 Original Amnesia left flowering. I also made some hash using
the dry ice method. I bought a 220 mm and a 160 mm all mesh bags. I found that the 220 bag was just too big
a mesh size because after 1 1/2 minutes shaking the 160 bag plant matter will start to come out and the trimmings and small buds are already too pulverized to try it in another size bag. The next bag I buy will be the 110 in an effort to get the purest end product. So here's some
pictures of what I've been doing........:smokin:......

kk19.jpg

k19.jpg

kkk1.jpg

kkkkk.jpg

kkkkkk.jpg

Very nice work on the hash making! I'm about to get my hash action on too. After doing some research I find bag size 73 offer the best quality. That pollen press of yours is killer. How many grams of hash did you end up with?

Thanks 12/12!..... yeah the YouTube videos were saying 220 and 160 were the mesh sizes to buy which sucks because at $24.99 a bag I wasted good money. Oh well maybe someone will see this and it will help them avoid that. The pollen press works great. I got 36 grams of kief out of 8 ounces of trim and small buds. I pressed 29 grams into hash and am using the rest to dip my buds in. Good luck with the hash making and let me know how things turn out!.........:rollit:......

Very nice work on the hash making! I'm about to get my hash action on too. After doing some research I find bag size 73 offer the best quality. That pollen press of yours is killer. How many grams of hash did you end up with?

Thanks 12/12!..... yeah the YouTube videos were saying 220 and 160 were the mesh sizes to buy which sucks because at $24.99 a bag I wasted good money. Oh well maybe someone will see this and it will help them avoid that. The pollen press works great. I got 36 grams of kief out of 8 ounces of trim and small buds. I pressed 29 grams into hash and am using the rest to dip my buds in. Good luck with the hash making and let me know how things turn out!.........:rollit:......

Twelve, it does depend on the strain, but you're correct that the 73u is supposed to give the best product.

But, it's a little different using the dry ice method. Using dry ice, I believe the best bag to use is the 160u.

The reason is the 220 bag is the "junk" bag when using cold water extraction. It's just to contain the plant matter. Essentially, it's the same with the 160u bag. The 160u will contain the lowest quality of hash and some people use the contents of this bag for cooking. I still smoke it! :grinjoint:

Now, everything that falls through the 160u is good hash. Using cold water extraction with multiple bags, you'd separate what fell through the 160u into multiple grades (120u, 73u, 45u, & 25u).

What you would find in a 73u bag (using cold water) is the stuff that falls through the 220u, 160u, and 120u bags).

When doing dry ice extraction, instead of cold water, you're not separating into the multiple grades, so essentially, you'd want to keep everything that fell through the 160u bag. If you wanted to keep the stuff that would normally get caught by the 160u, then use the 220u bag.

So, Goshawk, you have the right bags for dry ice and didn't waste your money! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom