Goshawk's White Widow Super Silver Haze organic soil

The trichome shots are coming out clean you've been practicing! Thanks for posting the hash making vid with dry ice! The water + ice method can be messy so I'll go with the dry ice! Now I have to figure out how much 1g of hash go for...

Thanks Twelve12 and your welcome!......Grams are going for $20.00 at the dispensaries around here but it might be different where you live.....

Hello everyone! It is the beginning of the ninth week of the flowering cycle. Just after I posted my last update I found seeds in some of my buds. After a closer look some of my plants had hermied and pollinated most if not all of the remaining plants.......:thedoubletake:....... I harvested six plants right away. Since these are the last few weeks of this grow I decided to let the rest mature until the end. After the plants were pollinated the bud growth slowed down and stopped. I have three plants where it looks like they may not have been pollinated. I have been doing some green smoke tests and the remaining plants are still potent. I am not sure exactly what I will be doing with all the buds after the final harvest. On a brighter note it does look like I will have quite a bit of material to make hash!.......:grinjoint:....

Picture_002105.jpg

nnn.jpg

zzz1.jpg

Aint that about a bee-otch!? I feel ya my friend, I had that happen to me last grow....Since the hermie plants you had were from different seeds as some of the others, I would think the chances of the herm gene being passed on would be less...Don't quote me, I haven't fully researched the concept, but I have read a little that indicates the herm trait is less likely to pass down to a plant of different parentage. So....Free seeds and cross trains to boot!?:thumb:
Good job keeping a positive attitude about it though, I know it can be discouraging...Keep on keepin on!:high-five::Namaste:

Aint that about a bee-otch!? I feel ya my friend, I had that happen to me last grow....Since the hermie plants you had were from different seeds as some of the others, I would think the chances of the herm gene being passed on would be less...Don't quote me, I haven't fully researched the concept, but I have read a little that indicates the herm trait is less likely to pass down to a plant of different parentage. So....Free seeds and cross trains to boot!?:thumb:
Good job keeping a positive attitude about it though, I know it can be discouraging...Keep on keepin on!:high-five::Namaste:

Thanks Quixilvir! Sorry to hear your last grow had hermies. I don't think I will plant the seeds unless I find a nice plowed field where I could just broadcast them and see what happens or maybe upgrade the flower beds down at the police station!......:Rasta:.......I did some research on feminized seeds and found they are prone to hermie if stressed especially if the stress occurs during the second or third week of the vegetative cycle. I had too many plants for the size pots I use and my grow space to really be able to keep a good eye on each plant. After the first month of flowering I stopped checking for sex when they were all confirmed female not realizing that a plant could hermie at any time and be missed. On my next grow I will go the extra effort and plant regular seeds. Although I am sure many people have success with feminized seeds it's just not worth the risk for me...........:hookah:

Hey it's all good G-Hawk, the way I look at it, is I'll never have to pay for meds again. That's not to say I won't pay for seeds or some quality dank every now and then, but I've got around 50 seeds of a good strain that I know really well, now, and won't ever have to worry about running out. Hell, I'll store them for the end-o-the-world stash lol. Bet ya could trade good cannabis for food and fuel someday!

As for Fem seeds being prone to herm, I really haven't done enough of my own research to say one way or the other, but I really do think regulars are the way to go, too. At least if they turn out male, you can separate one and collect enough STABLE pollen to breed with, and thus, get MORE seeds.
It is very easy to miss the banannas, especially if they're on the back side of a plant that's hard to get to.
I'll follow another grow of yours if you journal it....

Yeah Quixilvir I feel the same way about having lots of good medicine and I'm looking forward to making some good hash! I like the idea of an end of the world stash. I think there may be a time when money is worthless and it's going to be all about what you have to barter. Since feminized seeds are made by plants that were were forced to hermie and pollinate itself it makes sense to me they would be prone to hermie having that history in their genes. I never did find the classic banana shapes seen in pictures. I only found what looks like it could hold a seed but with no pistils. I would be glad to have you in my next journal!.....:thanks:.... for your posts in this one. Some of the strains I'm thinking of growing are Hog, Chem 4 if I can find it and maybe California Hash Plant. I ordered some all mesh Wacky Bags and a pollen press so I can do the dry ice method of making hash. My plants are at day 68 and I'm just waiting for more trichomes to turn amber before I harvest.........:smokin:

Plants are looking good. I've decided to use the two air cooled reflector that you have in my new room 15x15 (is it overkill?) soon, 600w each. Glad you see the plants with seeds as positive thing for making hash. Some grower see it the end of the world. I pollinated 1/2 of the flowering tent on purpose for seed production, and you are right the buds stopped developing as energy is for seed production, that does not mean the THC is lower you'll get more of a balanced CBN, CBD, THC, and other Cannabinoids.

The seeds you get should be 99% female. Hermie trait may carry over. All plants has the ability to turn hermie even in male plants. I had a male plant once that 1/2 in flowering after the pollen sack developed there came a few pistils...so hermie works both ways. Mostly tricked from stress and/or genetic. Regular seed is no exemption. It's part of Cannabis survival trait when there is no other plant of opposite sex near by to pollinate. Quite ingenious.

I'm about to make hash for the first time using dry ice method. There are some people here where I live never heard of hash so can't wait to see how it turns out and let them try it. What kind of pollen press did you get? I might need one too since dry ice method seem to get the trichomes in powder form instead of sticky gum.

Plants are looking good. I've decided to use the two air cooled reflector that you have in my new room 15x15 (is it overkill?) soon, 600w each. Glad you see the plants with seeds as positive thing for making hash. Some grower see it the end of the world. I pollinated 1/2 of the flowering tent on purpose for seed production, and you are right the buds stopped developing as energy is for seed production, that does not mean the THC is lower you'll get more of a balanced CBN, CBD, THC, and other Cannabinoids.

The seeds you get should be 99% female. Hermie trait may carry over. All plants has the ability to turn hermie even in male plants. I had a male plant once that 1/2 in flowering after the pollen sack developed there came a few pistils...so hermie works both ways. Mostly tricked from stress and/or genetic. Regular seed is no exemption. It's part of Cannabis survival trait when there is no other plant of opposite sex near by to pollinate. Quite ingenious.

I'm about to make hash for the first time using dry ice method. There are some people here where I live never heard of hash so can't wait to see how it turns out and let them try it. What kind of pollen press did you get? I might need one too since dry ice method seem to get the trichomes in powder form instead of sticky gum.

Hello Twelve12 I hope all things are going well for you! These reflectors work really well with 600 watt bulbs. I was wondering the same thing but am happy I stayed with the same reflector for the 600's. 15' x 15' is a nice big room!.........:high-five:......... You may find you'll want to use more light than 2 600's if all that space is used for growing plants. I must admit I did feel a sense of failure at first but the more I thought about it a lot of positive things happened during this grow. Having all my equipment at the very beginning of my next grow along with keeping the environment as stable as possible is going to be a big plus. This is the pollen press I bought. It's real nice at a good price
Stainless Steel Pollen Press. I also bought a 220 and 160 mm all mesh bags here along with a handy spoon scale. I was sent 2 nylon sided bags so I had to return them and am waiting for the all mesh ones to arrive. I am harvesting now so there will be more to come soon. Good luck with the hash making and thanks for stopping by!............:smokin:

Hello friends! It is the end of the 12th week of the flowering period. I harvested the White Widow and the Pineapple Express. I was happy to see there weren't that many seeds so I was able to pick most of them out when I manicured the buds. They are all dried now and are curing. So far the smoke is very smooth and potent. The Super Silver Haze looks like they are still a few weeks from finishing. I could have harvested the Original Amnesia and the Blue Widow since they look mature but are not showing much amber in the trichomes so they will go along for the ride with the SSH. One thing I forgot to tell you guys is a few weeks ago I had a visit by eight police officers with a search warrant. Since I am a medical marijuana patient and am in compliance with the rules there wasn't much they could do. They did search my house and took a bunch of pictures then they left so I guess it's all good. We actually got along quite well as they were passing around my buds to smell and told me they liked my bong and my motorcycle. By the end of their visit they were giving me advice on how to keep my house more secure so the plants don't get ripped off. I ordered the seeds for my next grow which will be Medicine Man aka White Rhino from Mr. Nice Seeds. Also the all mesh bags arrived today so I will be making hash soon! I hope everything is going well for you and your plants and that your all keeping it frosty!......so here's a few pictures of the plants........:smokin:......

i10.jpg

ii.jpg

Blue Widow
iii1.jpg

Original Amnesia
iiiii.jpg

iiii.jpg

iiiiii.jpg

Super Silver Haze
m48.jpg

mm2.jpg

mmmmmmmm.jpg

Whoa brotha! Plants are looking fine....But what caused them to get a search warrant and come to your place? Is that something that happens to leagal growers there often? Or was it someone trying to get you in trouble?

Can't wait to see the dried cured buds. The plants are looking delicious. Not sure why the LEO came to your house with a warrant. They must be doing a routine checkup to see if you break any laws in terms of # of plants. Since they know where you are (registered grower) I think they'll be paying more visits in the future. As long as you're growing under the number of allowed plants you should be safe.

Whoa brotha! Plants are looking fine....But what caused them to get a search warrant and come to your place? Is that something that happens to leagal growers there often? Or was it someone trying to get you in trouble?

My best guess is the power company turned me in. Even though my power bill only went up about $65.00 a month and that was over a three month period with the weather getting much colder. The reason I think this is about a week and a half before the raid I caught a man supposedly working for the power company coming out of my garage when the meter checker always just walks around the house to the meter and has no reason to go into the garage. My grow room is connected to the garage but a person would have to go through two doors to get to the plants. When I asked him if there was a problem he said that my power bill had gone up. I just said that's what happens when it gets to be winter time. For the past twenty years the person checking my power meter has always been a lady. Following this incident the same lady is back to checking my meter. When I asked the police the reason they were there he said my neighbors turned me in. I don't believe him because he said they saw the tubing coming from my fan but to do that they would have had to open a door and look in. I just don't believe any of my neighbors have the interest or the balls to do that. Also the police officer said that they would have come early in the morning and busted my door down, put a gun to my head and put me on the floor but did not because he had been down here several times conducting surveillance on me and I seemed like a nice guy so he decided to talk to me first and see how things go. So I think the officer was dressed like a power company employee and was driving one of their trucks so he could snoop around and get some kind of evidence. I am sure this is illegal but the police get to live by different rules then we do and not go to jail. Only two people in my life know what I am doing and there is no way either one would turn me in. Also I live at the end of a private road and don't have company. The police along with the feds have shut down all the dispensaries in Eastern Washington which is separated from us by the Cascade mountain range. Also when I was in the hydro store I overheard the owner talking on the phone to someone who had just been raided. So I am not exactly sure what is going on besides the police don't seem like they have anything better to do than harass good, tax paying, stoned citizens.......:smokin:......

Can't wait to see the dried cured buds. The plants are looking delicious. Not sure why the LEO came to your house with a warrant. They must be doing a routine checkup to see if you break any laws in terms of # of plants. Since they know where you are (registered grower) I think they'll be paying more visits in the future. As long as you're growing under the number of allowed plants you should be safe.

Thanks Twelve12! I thought of that because every time I went to the dispensary they would look at my paperwork and make sure I was in the computer. The only thing is it would seem that the police would have to have some sort of evidence that I was breaking the law before a judge would sign a search warrant and being a registered marijuana patient would point to the fact that I do have a legal defense under the law. I get what your saying and am glad that I was in compliance with the rules or things would have gone down much differently I'm sure.....:grinjoint:.....

Back
Top Bottom