Gratefulred Grow 2.0 Sonoran Desert

Help! This lady has really taken a turn for the worse! Not enough water? Assistance needed - she is going down fast.

this was 8 hours ago:

D43C60F4-9653-4816-A0FE-F515CF7FD5B3.jpeg

And this is this morning:
0B448046-5FD3-4F69-B18F-A63FD8E5098C.jpeg
3FE62D21-A96C-430A-B91A-420D01BD361C.jpeg

Those temps are a bit high- make sure they've
got good air circulation, and they should be able to handle it ok- if your grow situation is like mine, you kind of have to go with it-I don't have A/C, so if it's hot outside, it's hot in the house, so it's real hot in the grow box...

Honestly, that plant looks overwatered to me- the leaves look "puffy" like they're waterlogged...
Make sure the pots are dry almost all the way to the bottom before watering...the plants prefer it that way.

When you add nutrients, it takes 4 or 5 days to see improvements, so don't give up on it yet..those yellow leaves won't heal, but the new growth should come in nice n green (pale at first, then they should green up)
Btw, what nutrients are you using? because they're going to need feeding on a regular basis now...

Man. Overwatered? Then I'm just not getting it. I've been keeping at least 4 - 5 days between watering and soil is light before watering again. There is definitely good air circulation. The area they are growing in is not enclosed tightly and I have a fan running. I'm using Fox Farms Grow Big. They have been fed pretty regularly since day 1.

So here was the one that was really hurting yesterday:

DB06DB17-9D1C-4B44-AC77-8EE0ABB0FA7A.jpeg
C84E39E8-A331-472F-A2DE-D6CCB7B51691.jpeg

I gave it a good drink and is it my imagination or does it seem a bit better this morning?
53D5B7BE-1778-4571-8E4D-70F945C38B4C.jpeg

the other who was starting to show signs of the same thing was like this yesterday:

A4FBF8BA-3A0C-485B-9728-F8F2BE092F27.jpeg

And today without water:
1EBA78AC-43B1-4F72-8EC4-A81E1462E4CD.jpeg

I’m a bit shocked at how in just a matter of days these ladies who were looking so healthy could go so quickly the other way and I am worried. Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

6F546AC6-5B1A-45DD-B9B0-EBFA06FBD8B5.jpeg

79B8B56C-DE2C-494A-BB63-67850D7D0875.jpeg

6D696612-E768-46AD-A0C7-0A33ACF7F4E0.jpeg

The only thing I would do is get the pots off the floor. Get it so air can flow under the fabric pot. Just my 2 cents.

I'm using Fox Farms Grow Big. They have been fed pretty regularly since day 1.
This appears to be the problem. Grow Big is a veg time nutrient that gets phased out pretty much as the plants move into the bloom stage. Now is when you need the rest of the trio. Giving the Grow Big, you are getting plenty of Nitrogen, but very very little potassium and phosphorus. Your plant is showing you a macronutrient deficiency, and note how it is totally taking out leaves starting at the bottom and moving up. This indicates that the plant is still able to supply the nutrients it needs for the new growth at the top, by stealing it from storehouses down below. It is time now to feed, as Fox Farms recommends, by following the feeding chart to the letter for this week of the grow, by also using the rest of the Fox Farm trio... the Tiger Bloom and Beasty Bloom products.

This appears to be the problem. Grow Big is a veg time nutrient that gets phased out pretty much as the plants move into the bloom stage. Now is when you need the rest of the trio. Giving the Grow Big, you are getting plenty of Nitrogen, but very very little potassium and phosphorus. Your plant is showing you a macronutrient deficiency, and note how it is totally taking out leaves starting at the bottom and moving up. This indicates that the plant is still able to supply the nutrients it needs for the new growth at the top, by stealing it from storehouses down below. It is time now to feed, as Fox Farms recommends, by following the feeding chart to the letter for this week of the grow, by also using the rest of the Fox Farm trio... the Tiger Bloom and Beasty Bloom products.
Got it. The trio I know is grow big, big bloom and tiger. Is beasty another one?

Are we looking at this? We are in week 5, so move on to 2 tsp tiger and 1 tbl big bloom? I have the trio on hand, but not the solubles/rinse.
1612633093548.png
oops, sorry, yes I misspoke. The trio of solubles is also very good stuff and really completes the feeding in this system. But yes, the bare minimum is the three liquids, big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big. Stick to that schedule and I think most of your problems will go away.

Ok. Gave them that new cocktail today. I’ll keep you updated! Thank you!

what’s your thought about what is going on with this Chocolope infant? Maybe a little under watering?

F8EEFE9B-30DB-45CC-9A84-56D2E7896363.jpeg

oops, sorry, yes I misspoke. The trio of solubles is also very good stuff and really completes the feeding in this system. But yes, the bare minimum is the three liquids, big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big. Stick to that schedule and I think most of your problems will go away.

Story of my life. Once a day or so with a spray bottle...
That, I am afraid, is the problem. I would like to introduce you to the concept of the wet/dry cycle and to that end I would like you to read my most read tutorial, The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant... the link is also in my signature lines.

Let me say this as you head over there... You can not over water a plant by giving too much water in one watering session, because the soil can only hold so much, and then any extra runs out of the bottom drainage holes. The ONLY way to over water is to water too often.

This article I am sending you to has so dramatically changed the way people think of watering a weed, that many folks carry a link to it in Their signature lines! I hope that it also solves your problem and teaches you how to not over water. :peace::love:

:morenutes:

Oh yeah you sent that to me through my first grow and it made this one much more successful. The strange thing is this one is undergone the same regime and seems to be thriving:

image.jpg

could be that the soil is just a bit more airy and therefore it’s draining better. I thought I learned your cruelty lesson but I guess not. Keep me on track!

Back
Top Bottom