Second Outdoor Desert Autoflower In Arizona

That’s why it’s necessary to decarb BEFORE you infuse."
Well I guess I’ll find out one way or the other, it’s finally done after 3 1/2 hours, whew. I ran the outside burner out of gas and had to move it inside on the electric stove, which was much more difficult to dial in the temp for sure.

Thanks! I can do that! It would certainly be less stressful on them during this heat.

While I’m here I’ll do a quick update on them.
High temps all this week at 116-118° F
Windy as well so it feels like a blast furnace out there, lol.
I was off yesterday so was able to observe how they are doing throughout the day.
Both pots still were moist by weight and by moisture meter but I am getting some midday wilt on the Durban and some crunchy leaves on the Tangerine. They bounce back (other than then crunchy) as soon asthe sun drops down.

The 116 is the temp sensor in the garden, in the shade. The others are on porches and inside.

As for the Pebbles Pranks, the last tester bud said she was ready. I harvested all the big colas and got 593 grams, and left some lower buds on to see if they will mature a little more. I left a lot of leaf on this time, as it doesn’t matter so much for what I have planned for them as you will see below.

It’s too hot in the shed and the mini fridge couldn’t keep up, even with the inkbird, so I had to give my friend the buds from BB to put in her fridge. So I had to come up with something to do with the PP.

I found a post on here about FHO, fresh harvest oil, and decided to give it a try. My plan was to make edibles anyways as that is my preferred route of administration, so this could be really good!

I put 400 grams of fresh bud along with 750 ml of organic EVOO and blended it up with my ninja. I saved 2 big buds to fridge dry at my friends. And froze 100 grams for later use. It’s currently in process, the water just boiled off at about an hour in, and I am seeing decarb bubbles as the temp has risen up to 230. Still got a ways to go! I will update with a post on the process once I’m finished. Wish me luck!!

Nothing like success

I harvested all the big colas and got 593 grams
That’s great! Nice haul.

It’s too hot in the shed and the mini fridge couldn’t keep up, even with the inkbird, so I had to give my friend the buds from BB to put in her fridge.
Well that’s a bummer. I hope they turn out good.

So ive been trying to update this for the last couple days but a lot has been going in and I keep getting interrupted. So I’m just going to give a quick update and I’ll try to do more later.
I’ve tried the oil a couple times now. 3 drops under the tongue give me a nice very low level euphoria and feeling of well-being. I tried 5-6 drops a couple hours later and not sure it changed much. I will be able to try a larger quantity this weekend and will report back. One thing I noticed is a toasted nut flavor, and the spent weed was crunchy so I’m thinking I over cooked and/or overheated it?

Decarbed flower tastes toasty! Folks that really don't like that flavor will often go the extraction route (a press or ethanol) to get the THC from the flowers and then decarb just the rosin.

You could put the bud in a coffee grinder first if the whole flowers had too much texture in the oil. Most people toss the buds after infusion, though Sue liked the texture and would bake it into brownies!

Decarbed flower tastes toasty! Folks that really don't like that flavor will often go the extraction route (a press or ethanol) to get the THC from the flowers and then decarb just the rosin.

You could put the bud in a coffee grinder first if the whole flowers had too much texture in the oil. Most people toss the buds after infusion, though Sue liked the texture and would bake it into brownies!
Thanks! Good to know its normal. I did toss the buds(into the yard, and I think the birds were getting high, lol) but I just wondered if that was normal.

Way overdue for an update!

It finally cooled back down here to under 110. Was ONLY 103 today, lol. The Tangerine Dream and Durban Poison made it thru the 116 degrees in the weeks past. I took advantage of the cooler weather to tie down the Durban, she was getting mighty tall!

I also got the BB buds back from my friend and am currently burping down to 62% now.

Way overdue for an update!

It finally cooled back down here to under 110. Was ONLY 103 today, lol. The Tangerine Dream and Durban Poison made it thru the 116 degrees in the weeks past. I took advantage of the cooler weather to tie down the Durban, she was getting mighty tall!

I also got the BB buds back from my friend and am currently burping down to 62% now.

Mighty fine

:ciao: Hey there. Sorry haven’t been on much lately. Been having some relationship issues and so my attention has been focused on that recently. I’ll try to get an update this weekend but everything is doing great!

So we had major storm last night. 1.2 inches rain (yay!) and 70 mph wind gusts (not yay). 2 branches broke off the DP. TD is fine. I don’t think I’ll tie down next year if I grow thru the summer again due to the monsoon winds!

And I thought I’d add this pic to show what happens if plants aren’t surrounded with wire cages. Top circled stem was an eggplant just like the one in the cage.
View media item 1834870

So we had major storm last night. 1.2 inches rain (yay!) and 70 mph wind gusts (not yay). 2 branches broke off the DP. TD is fine. I don’t think I’ll tie down next year if I brow thru the summer again due to the monsoon winds!

And I thought I’d add this pic to show what happens if plants aren’t surrounded with wire cages. Top circled stem was an eggplant just like the one in the cage.
View media item 1834870
Great news about the rain. Sucks about the broken branches. Could you clone them?

NTH

So we had major storm last night. 1.2 inches rain (yay!) and 70 mph wind gusts (not yay). 2 branches broke off the DP. TD is fine. I don’t think I’ll tie down next year if I grow thru the summer again due to the monsoon winds!

View media item 1834870
At least you got some rain we just got the dust storm

Back
Top Bottom