Tommboy1973’s Outdoor Desert Autoflower 2021

@Tommboy1973 It had been a while since I had read the cold cure post. So I went back and read it. Then I started looking at the posts before and after post #2606. It was an on going discussion about whether to take them out to dry for a while. If you haven’t done so already, go back and read those. It’s an interesting
Wow! Very interesting discussion indeed and got almost heated at one point LOL. I fell down the rabbit hole for the last hour reading the posts.

I fell down the rabbit hole for the last hour reading the posts.
I have been trying to do that more often here. Reading through journals, looking at pics, finding some rabbit holes. It has been so much better for me personally than being on any of the social media platforms. Even trying to stay caught up here can seem overwhelming at times. I visited that post again today. I need to dig deep on that one again and refresh my brain on everything.

My new photo seeds popped their heads up yesterday. I had a shade cloth over the box but in my rush to get to work this morning I forgot to put the shade cloth back on. It was only 90 today but the sun out here is so strong I was afraid they would fry. Just got home and what a relief, they look great! Guess they don’t need shade cloth after all, lol. I had used an idea from the plumeria groups and plunged the solo cups in a bigger pot of damp soil to keep the roots cooler. There is a clear solo cup in a solid solo cup so I can check root growth.
Durban poison, tangerine dream and champagne kush.

My new photo seeds popped their heads up yesterday. I had a shade cloth over the box but in my rush to get to work this morning I forgot to put the shade cloth back on. It was only 90 today but the sun out here is so strong I was afraid they would fry. Just got home and what a relief, they look great! Guess they don’t need shade cloth after all, lol. I had used an idea from the plumeria groups and plunged the solo cups in a bigger pot of damp soil to keep the roots cooler. There is a clear solo cup in a solid solo cup so I can check root growth.
Good luck with photos in the desert. I sure hope that works for you. I'll be watching

Sweeet Hope the weather plays nice this year, youre gonna need a wheel-barrow come October

Sweeet Hope the weather plays nice this year, youre gonna need a wheel-barrow come October
Let’s hope! If this summer is like last I may end up with some crispy critters, lol. A few people in my other gardening groups say they are predicting monsoons to make a comeback this year. Let’s hope they’re right!

So my large PP grew so much in the last couple days that she popped right out of the clip. I decided to abandon the clip and go back to the normal tie down method. The tie holding the lower trunk is not pulling it, it was growing crooked like that. It’s just supporting it so it doesn’t pull I the opposite direction.

The BB was still in her clip so I just tied down the tip that had grown out.

Using these soft foam covered wires from the dollar store and sticks pushed into the soil that I pruned off my fruit trees this winter.
I also put the shade cloth back on today, it’s 40% black agfabric, cause that’s what I had on hand. I use that on my young fruit trees first year or two.

If you have 2 adult's in the house you can grow 12 plants
Wow! I think here in CA. it's 6 plants on the property. Period. Maybe it's changed but that the way it reads.

I believe that's correct Fred. Though the rules get mushy if you have (or grow for someone who has) a med card.
Haha! Mushy rules! Aren't they always? Good to see you :passitleft: I'm here trying to catch up on tommboys' grow. Smile and stay stoneder

I'd say you're all caught up!
Hey Shed! Good morning! How did I do on my LST this time? Any critique or pointers? I know you said you like to wait until the plant gets tall enough to bend to the outside rim, but my pots are wide and the last time I let it get tall enough it was so thick it was hard to bend. These seem to grow hefty trunks.

Gmornin tommboy, and again, shed. :passitleft: Really nice journal! I love seeing fellow growers styles and how we all adapt to, say, space,, odor, climate, oh yeah,, let's not leave out law enforcement for our less fortunate friends. IMHO, greenhouse growing, even with the shade cloth as opposed to plastic, protects our plants from the elements that may knock off trichomes and diminish smell and taste. My one greenhouses was pungent with piney Afghani and dankish White Widow last year. I always wash my buds after taking the fan leaves off. I'll hang in the garage till they fluff again, depending on temp, then trim sugar leaves, etc. I've not tried the fridge(no room, grandkids, etc) but use the paper bag after a bit on the rack. Jar and re-humidify with fresh leaves if necessary. I think the closer you trim bud, the less chlorophyll containing leaves, the less hay smell. It takes a few weeks in the jar to develop smell and taste for sure. Good luck , you're an awesome desert grower tommboy! Smile and stay stoneder. :yummy:

I never put a right angle bend in an LST.
Yeah, I think I’m going to abandon the clips. I thought it would be an easy way to get that first bend but afraid it’s going to cause problems later. And I just realized I posted in the wrong journal, lol. These should be in my second journal, sigh....lol

So even after reading the cold cure posts, and all the discussion, I’m still unsure of how to proceed and more confused than ever. It’s been two weeks and two days since I harvested. My buds slow drying in the fridge were starting to feel crispy so I capped them up, but left them in the fridge. The humidity is now reading 70% after sitting capped overnight. My fridge temps seem to run between mid 40’s and high 50’s, I don’t have a temp controller and they’re out in the shed in the heat so it’s really hard to keep the temperature steady. Since I don’t have a temp controller (and seems out of my experience level to install) not sure if I should continue curing in the fridge or pull them out and cure/burp at room temp,which runs about 75-80. I’m tempted to keep them in the fridge, but if so should I leave capped and burp until I get to 62 and then cap with bovedas, or do I leave the lid off and keep checking by sealing up occasionally? I know I’m prob overthinking this but feel like I need a little handholding since this is my first time, lol. I’m ok with trying things out and learning what works for me but want to make sure I’m not doing anything that’s a big no no.

do I leave the lid off and keep checking by sealing up occasionally?
That’s what I do. You have to watch them real close as they seem to dry quicker as the rH gets lower. I also lay the jars flat to slow down the drying rate. Also wide mouth jars dry faster than regular mouth jars. You definitely don’t want them to get too dry.

Back
Top Bottom