CactusReefer's AZ Desert Autos 2021

Cactusreefer

High everyone, this is my attempt at autos outdoor. I actually have low expectations for this being as its spring here in the desert. The weather is very inconsistent. Can be 93 one day, windy the next, followed by 74. Rinse, repeat. Ive had success way back in the day growing outdoor, but there were no autos then. Grows were in Northern AZ and SW Washington...much more favorable climates. Im hoping I can mitigate the extreme swings in temp and RH.

For this grow, I am using Mephisto Genetics again. Strains are: Samsquanch OG, Toofless Alien, Strawberry Mango Crumble(freebie), and Sams x Forum Stomper9freebie). Soil mix is: bottom 2/3rds of pot is Coast of Maine Stonington Blend with extra perlite. Then topped with Fox Farm Ocean Forest. 5 gallon pots. Seeds planted in final containers on 3/12/2021 and germed on 3/18/2021.

They spend some time in the shade screen for sure. It still allows a good amount of light thru without the peak sunburn. But I do let'em out when its not so intense, especially in the morning, nothing beats the sun. First week I used just plain water for feed, but now am using half strength Botanicare products. I am not expecting to use much nutrient, as Im counting on the living soil to handle the load. Anyways, thanks for peekin, and feel free to holler!

Seed Germ 3/18/2021

20210318_181642.jpg

20210318_181653.jpg

20210318_181739.jpg

Hey there! I’ll be following along too! I’m curious to see how your Mephisto’s do, they’re looking good so far! And I love your shade structure.

I just finished my first outdoor auto plant I started in December (just as an experiment) and currently have a few more, a little over a month old now. We can compare notes and help each other out hopefully.

Hey there! I’ll be following along too! I’m curious to see how your Mephisto’s do, they’re looking good so far! And I love your shade structure.

I just finished my first outdoor auto plant I started in December (just as an experiment) and currently have a few more, a little over a month old now. We can compare notes and help each other out hopefully.
I agree maybe we can learn together

Hi cactus :popcorn: If ya don't mind, I'll pull up a lawn chair, have a puff:passitleft:and commiserate with another desert grower.:yummy: I'm kidding about the whining of course!
We live an especially good place to grow. If managed right, it's all a big plus. If you peruse some of our eastern and Canadian growers journals, you'll see suff like mold and budrot
that we don't get, and some of our euro buds have it just as bad. I think we can easily do two runs of autos a year, maybe three in the warmest areas. Anyways, I'll be around.
Smile and stay stoneder.

Hi cactus :popcorn: If ya don't mind, I'll pull up a lawn chair, have a puff:passitleft:and commiserate with another desert grower.:yummy: I'm kidding about the whining of course!
We live an especially good place to grow. If managed right, it's all a big plus. If you peruse some of our eastern and Canadian growers journals, you'll see suff like mold and budrot
that we don't get, and some of our euro buds have it just as bad. I think we can easily do two runs of autos a year, maybe three in the warmest areas. Anyways, I'll be around.
Smile and stay stoneder.
Right on, course I dont mind! Thanks for checkin, I totally agree, if the weather cooperates and you can somewhat manage the extremes, shouldnt be too terrible. Im in the foothills north of the valley so its a little easier weather-wise. Probably minus 10 degrees from town.

Right on, course I dont mind! Thanks for checkin, I totally agree, if the weather cooperates and you can somewhat manage the extremes, shouldnt be too terrible. Im in the foothills north of the valley so its a little easier weather-wise. Probably minus 10 degrees from town.
Even a little elevation off the desert floor is great. I'm going to try two runs of Purple Punch outdoors with my other strains. I've only run photos but these PP are quick finishers.
Smile and stay stoneder

I'm in Yuma hotter

I'm in Yuma hotter
I’m south of the valley at around 1600ft. Gets just as hot as Phoenix, not quite as hot as Yuma, cools off a tad more at night since I’m far away from any pavement.

Back
Top Bottom