CactusReefer's AZ Desert Autos 2021

We live near mountains that seem to hold all the storms behind them. When the storm gets big enough to push over we get dumped on. Have been cut off from civilization by flooded roads and flowing washes. Sketchy even in my 4WD. Last year, hardly anything.

Well the ladies fared well thru the heat yesterday. Wind stayed down, touched 96:thedoubletake:
Focus turns to wind today...talkin 92 with afternoon gusts to 30mph. I moved em onto the patio under the shade screen. Hope to avoid the hair dryer effect.

Well the ladies fared well thru the heat yesterday. Wind stayed down, touched 96:thedoubletake:
Focus turns to wind today...talkin 92 with afternoon gusts to 30mph. I moved em onto the patio under the shade screen. Hope to avoid the hair dryer effect.
Yep looks like we're stuck with the 90s for foreseeable future. Just like yours my girls seemed to handle it just fine. I'm lucky my location is protected from heavy wind. I'll do an update tomorrow

Gmornin all, :passitleft: I hope you and yours are healthy and happy! It's the mid 80s here for a bit. Everything's growing lol! Including the weeds. The hula hoe is the desert gardeners best friend.
I have a couple cats that eat the rabbits so I'm cool. The ground squirrels were bad until a gopher snake showed up three years ago and went from hole to hole, eating the entire population. They were very destructive. Nothing really worked well, I used a little cone of poison once and didn't like the idea because of pets and other wildlife. The snake was a blessing from nature. Smile and stay stoneder

I have to ask all you desert rats, what about rabbits and ground squirrels ? They don't bother your plants without fencing around them? They even eat the cactus I plant so I'm leery of putting plants outside.
I have to ask all you desert rats, what about rabbits and ground squirrels ? They don't bother your plants without fencing around them? They even eat the cactus I plant so I'm leery of putting plants outside.
I'm in the city. The only wildlife around is skunks. So if someone gets a smell of the plants they won't pay any attention. Also we have cats that would love to catch a bunny

I live about 20 miles from the nearest town, out in the desert. Everything gets eaten here, esp in the summer, they even ate my prickly pear cactus and agaves. Rabbits are easy to keep out. I have all my plants in the ground surrounded by a ring of hardware cloth. It’s the damn ground squirrels that are a problem. They still dig under and eat the plants and even the roots sometimes! I have my potted autos in a hardware cloth enclosed box I built. But it’s not going to be big enough for my photos. I am going to try the hardware cloth rings, see how that works. Was looking into gopher root baskets to keep them from burrowing in. I eventually plan to build an entire new enclosed garden, my current one doesn’t have a bottom and they just dig in. It’s really frustrating sometimes!! And requires lots of :bongrip:!!

So the outdoor ladies are moving along...slooowly. I got a little carried away with water, and had to back off a little. Probably just heat paranoia haha. The Samsquanch OG is showing pistils already. Little disappointing, but my expectations are realistic this time of year. Im guessing just plant response to conditions? Itll be fun to see if I can squeeze anything out of em
20210406_172508.jpg

20210406_172445.jpg

20210408_155256.jpg

20210408_155321.jpg

Hello! Actually theyre loving it. Its been between 78 and 84 the last week. Although some decent wind too, they spent a little time in the shade house to avoid the strong stuff. The Samsquanch OG is pushing pistils much faster than the other 3 plants, but theyre not too far behind. You gotta be pretty happy with your harvest, no?
20210414_181343.jpg

20210414_181401.jpg

20210413_164822.jpg

Hello! Actually theyre loving it. Its been between 78 and 84 the last week. Although some decent wind too, they spent a little time in the shade house to avoid the strong stuff. The Samsquanch OG is pushing pistils much faster than the other 3 plants, but theyre not too far behind. You gotta be pretty happy with your harvest, no?
20210414_181343.jpg

20210414_181401.jpg

20210413_164822.jpg
How old are your desert girls

Back
Top Bottom