Greendad's Grow Journal - 2014

Re: New grower need help lights

image10448.jpg

every 3 days or when its dry 1 1/2" deep in the soil but my wife moved the plant and its leaning to the side

every 3 days or when its dry 1 1/2" deep in the soil but my wife moved the plant and its leaning to the side

I'm sure it will recover!

These plants are highly resilient!

From what I've heard checking the topsoil for moisture isn't a good method. Also, prodding into your soil with a finger/other object could damage the fine root hairs which reside near the surface of the soil.

Try reading up on the pot lifting method! Lift the pot to gauge weight, and if it's light then it needs water and if not it's fine!

Thanks for the help got another problem just got back from a 4 day vacation and got a lot of gnats

Put sand on top of the soil to act as a barrier, yellow tact strips to help control them and monitor their demise. Gnats are common when using compost, if you bake your compost first @450 degrees for 1 hour per gallon of compost you will kill all the bacteria and insects, then you can re-introduce the beneficial bacteria you want into your compost. If you are not adding salt based nutrients you can also add compost worms to your compost mix. You can also add Diatomaceous Earth to your mix, which will help to kill the eggs and larvae.

There are also toxic chemical and non-toxic green solutions to look into.

Good luck with which ever route you choose.

Baked sand, to kill any bacteria or insect larvae and eggs. I am not sure of which type of sand though, not sure it would make to big of a difference as it is just to create a barrier between the air and the soil the insects like to lay their eggs in.

Thanks for the help got another problem just got back from a 4 day vacation and got a lot of gnats

I also experienced a problem with fungus gnats and larvae.

I read up on quite a few threads about good solutions, and the one I chose to go with was Hydrogen Peroxide. I simply added it into some plain water and fed it to her. It breaks down into water and oxygen, so the plant is left unharmed, and actually benefitted as far as I have read. It sizzled up the eggs, and luckily I didn't have too many flying around so they were easy to get rid of. After a few feeds like this the problem was gone forever.

It's an easy solution because one can get Hydrogen Peroxide from pretty much any pharmacy.

Well wished i read this ealiar i went with chemical they where bad like maybe hundreds ill post pic

Well wished i read this ealiar i went with chemical they where bad like maybe hundreds ill post pic

Woah, that doesn't sound good...

I hope the larvae haven't chewed at your roots. I've read that their castings are really bad for drainage too.

Fix the problem ASAP and your plant will probably (hopefully!!) be all good!

Best of luck! :thumb:

and im using the spray once a day big change but not completely gone yet if anybody can help im gonna get sand but just got back from vacation and working doubles this is just a short term solution till i get sand

How can i tell male or female i know its to early but i want to know how when thr time comes and how to clona and when

Back
Top Bottom