farmer ed i cant pm you yet because i dont have enough posts yet. i am familiar with induction lighting. i just bought 2 induction lights from inda gro and this is my first run with them so i am excited to see the results. i actualy have them on light movers. two summers of extreme heat and a massive a/c bill trying to keep 2 1000 watt hps set ups cool sent me on a quest for something different. i actualy had excellent results using an expensive led unit. i just dont trust the long term reliability of leds. to much electronics involved with leds. in addition no one has had one long enough to know if leds can realy keep the color temps for as long as they claim. led people seem to be constantly upgrading as soon as new led technology comes out. induction llighting seems like the way to go. i would be very interested in your friends lights.

Hey 711, Hemp Rocket was close it is an induction light from Full spectrum lighting. My friend Matt the Grow guy came up with the idea a few years after Tesla. The light is on it's third trial right now and so far everyone is happy with the results. The light will be available soon, they are redesigning the reflector hood. I have enclosed a blurb which sort of explains the induction light technology. All I can say is start saving to start really saving with your next crop. This is MY first rodeo with the induction light, so I am just as excited to see the results from my girls. I have been around the light for over a year, and have seen the very first trials, I was impressed. When these lights are available I will certainly let everyone know. If interested please PM me and I will put you in contact with the company, prices will be around $600 for a base 400w unit (100,000 hr bulb). This may be the last bulb I ever buy.

Induction Light

"An induction light is similar to a fluorescent light in that mercury in a gas fill inside the bulb is excited, emitting UV radiation that in turn is converted into visible white light by the phosphor coating on the bulb. Like fluorescent, the phosphor coating determines the color qualities of the light. Fluorescent lamps use electrodes to strike the arc and initiate the flow of current through the lamp, which excites the gas fill. Each time voltage is supplied by the ballast and the arc is struck, the electrodes degrade a little, eventually causing the lamp to fail. Induction lamps do not use electrodes. Instead of a ballast, the system uses a high-frequency generator with a power coupler. The generator produces a radio frequency magnetic field to excite gas fill. With no electrodes, the lamp lasts longer. Induction lamps, in fact, last up to 100,000 hours, with the lamp producing 70% of its light output at 60,000 hours. In other words, their rated life is 5-13 times longer than metal halide (7,500 to 20,000 hours at 10 hours/start) and about seven times longer than T12HO fluorescent (at 10 hours/start)."

That's a plasma induction light. This technology is very immature also. Hydroponics Hut used to sell induction lights but as too many customers had problems with them, they stopped. I was also looking for a good alternative to HID lights and from my research LED's (at this particular point) seem more reliable than induction lights. If anyone is interested in induction lights, I would highly recommend doing a LOT of research on them as they are not cheap. From what I read, they crap out a lot. The technology still has to evolve. Just my 2 cents.

Hey 711 and Whitey, here are the light specs from last test, We do anticipate them being a bit different, I will have better PAR and color ratings for everyone next week. I will be the third on the bulb and starting my test with 10k + hrs on the unit already. So far none of the plants have complained about the light, so they must like it very much.

400 watt rating
34000-36000 Luminance(Lm)
85-90 Efficacy(Lm/W)
3.50~1.52 Current (A)
420 Input Power (W)
<°90 Case Temperature (°F)

Please also follow Hemp Rockets suggestion, do your home work on all purchases, these are usually large investments. The sulfur plasma induction lights are different, but in the same they are induction lights. There are many large commercial application for high bay lighting etc. These units are not for ag purposes. The technology is not new, nor is it completely refined at this point. I have been using other products from this company commercially for several years and am confident in their research and the final product. They have delayed this product launch for quite some time in the name of testing. The testing that I have empirical data on, has shown the defects in the 13 other contenders. Most of these faults prohibit them from getting a UL listing or more important CE.

We have run into catastrophic bulb and ballast failures from all manufacturers, everyone is guilty of producing in least cost bid conditions or are premature offering their product without real long term testing. 90 days is not a test, that is a trial.

When dealing with this type of technology there will be hundreds of sound alikes and very few real products put out with a real warranty. Currently there are about 12 companies for real induction lighting with realistically 5 manufacturers. So there will be lots of crap mixed with the quality. A great example is the LED industry, yes the right LED's kick ass, while others just make your room look pretty. Price is never a guide for quality, the light I am testing will run about $600 with a 3 year no hassle warranty, it is 48% cheaper than the current market leader and carries 3 x the warranty (US based customer service and support) I hope all these attributes combined will make this product a great one for the industry.

I will continue my tests and report my findings, good bad and indifferent. If a product is not good for me, or is difficult to operate, I will usually look for a replacement unless it is performing so well it is worth the extra work.

I will be cleaning the vault today so I will get some pics up to show the progress, temps still the same and humidity the same. I have not added any water to a 1 gal humidifier all week, so it is 7 days today with still 1" of water in the bottom. Water consumption is very low with the plants as well, they are very comfy and are showing lots of new growth. I have added a few more moms in training,

Buddha Sister
Dr. Grinspoon
Sour Diesel
Mazzar
Lemon Amnesia Haze
Travolta

Adding seedlings this week, starting quarantine for 7 days.
OG #18
Kosher Kush
MK Ultra
Cataract Kush
Church OG

This grow vault looks awsome... but the price I found online for this baby was crazy.
2 grand for the standard vault and 1200.00 more for the expansion module. For 3200.00 I think I could build a very nice grow room and use the left over money for supplies.

Not knocking your vault though. If you have the cash and don't want to build then it is certainly a nice setup.

3200 bucks for a room you can knock down and re-assemble the same day seems like it could be a bargin in the long run. wonder how well they hold up?

Back
Top Bottom