Grow Box Construction

How did u go about gettin the glass? I know it was a while ago but do u have any pics of ur box with the glass in it? im planin on buildin my box soon. thanx for the inspiration!

This hardware store down the street from me at the time cut custom pieces of glass. Just told them what size and they had it a couple days later. I believe both pieces were 1/8" thick and non-tempered(cheaper) and it did the job. The size I got cost me just under $20 a piece.

Oh, my god...this is awesome. I have literally been looking for days...up all night...searching for exactly THIS information. I did find some...but mostly useless, as most of it is geared toward large operations---I do have a few questions though bro...first off, I am planning to use a complete CFL lighting system in my box. (about 20,000 lumens) so I don't think the heat wil be a problem. So do I still need ALL the fans you think? What if i JUST used the two Squirrel fans with the filter....would that be enough to circulate the air inside that airtight container? -Actually...how does this even work? Sorry,im a noob....but I mean, are the two squirrel fans rotating the air through the filter (one blowing the other sucking) or both blowing/sucking?
Also, how tall is the box? THanks alot

Thanks McMerphy I'm glad you dig the box. Let's see...Using all cfl's still generates heat, just not as much as my experience with an MH did. I wouldn't recommend trying to get by with the bare minimum as far as air flow goes. Trust me that you want a good amount of airflow for numerous reasons. For the filter, the fans both suck the air through the filter. Depending on the size of the squirrel fan you get a hold of, it would probably be a different size so I would recommend taking the fan into Home Depot or wherever you get the pvc at. And the box is 5ft tall. Hope this helps.

Oh hey thanks for the feedback...I actually went ahead and ordered the exact same fans you recommend (at leat I think...two 28 cfm from Surplus Sales)-so as far as the other PC fans...if I used one or two for more exhaust how would you prevent the Smell from escaping the box through the Pc fans? . I mean, wouldnt that defeat the purpose of using the Carbon Filter in the first place?
Also,are you planning to some how filter the intake holes to prevent bugs and dust and other stuff from getting inside the box.....if so what are your plans.
Sorry, if im being annoying I just think you've already come up with some cool ideas so thought I'd ask..
thanks bro

hi there from windy england!
How are you?

I am new to this site to can not post private messages yet, so hello everyone from a newbie on here, but i read your extremely impressive post on your grow room.

I have been researching for ages a room for me, as i want a very consealed and quiet setup to grow for personal use only.

I am planning lowryders at the moment, then on to bigger things. I am also unsure at this stage wether to go hydro or organic, my other concern being electricity usage.

Not only was your design spot on, but the post and the pics are exactly what i need.

You mentioned about the google sketch you have, and was wondering if you could post this to me?

I have not finished reading the whole of thos post yet, as i wanted to mail you before i get to stoned and forget!!

But when i have finished it i will no doubt mail you again congratulating you on a great yield as i have a feeling its gonna be good!...

many thanks.

McMerphy: The pc fans were used for the intake and exhaust for the light only. The light is isolated from the grow chamber by two panes of glass to keep the heat away from the plant. I must add that I seriously underestimated the amount of ventilation needed so I had to make a modification that I posted so you can check it out. I ended up ditching the filter all together because my with my situation, the smell from the one plant wasn't an issue. I leave the box open during the first cycle because that seems to be the time when temps are the highest and the plant doesn't start to smell until buds are growing.
As far as screening the intake to the box, you could use anything from pantyhose, cheesecloth, window screen...I don't know I haven't tried it. I don't have a bug, dust or debris problem at the moment so I've been pretty lucky.

Jedimaster: I have the Sketchup files but you're going to need to register so you can send me an email address to send the files to. To help you decide what method, I highly recommend spending a decent amount of time in the journals here. There is a wealth of knowledge here and some amazing grows and even more amazing growers that I am sure you could find something that fits your needs. I learned everything I know from the journals and threads here and by spending some time going through it all. I hope this helps young padawan.

hey thanks for the reply...I'm just about finished settin up my lil' secret op. I did go ahead and make a scrubber but i'm getting perfect temps in there without it attached so I thought Id leave em' off for now. Got some babies in the oven ready to pop....yeeeeeahhh.
anyway was thinking about starting a thread about it just still a little to paranoid of online posting....i dunno .

Hi Stratlogic and everyone. Thanks for the advice. I have been on here quite a bit and yeah there is some great advice now. I will start a post with what thoughts I have and get some advice from that to.

I did grow once, but it was to hot and did not get very far, then took it down about 3 years ago. So now looking to start again, but am going to just go small for the moment and then work out later what I want.
Am doing it to stop lining other peoples pockets and to give me something else to do in the evening! ha.
See you around the forums and thanks again for the reply. :ganjamon:

hey thanks for the reply...I'm just about finished settin up my lil' secret op. I did go ahead and make a scrubber but i'm getting perfect temps in there without it attached so I thought Id leave em' off for now. Got some babies in the oven ready to pop....yeeeeeahhh.
anyway was thinking about starting a thread about it just still a little to paranoid of online posting....i dunno .

I dont think that you should be worried about the feds watching your journal lol. They have bigger and better people to worry about (no offense what so ever). That is unless your growing way too many plants. I would suggest getting a nice firewall and password for your computer too, this will help computer savvy neighbors from watching what your doing.

u rock keep up the good work

Hello Stratlogic,

I was wondering if you would be kind enough to send me the Sketchup files for you grow box? Ive finally got a room to myself in the house and thinking about trying this setup or a similar one.

Btw, I like the work you have done the box. very nice!

Back
Top Bottom