Grow Tent Reviews Wanted

I Can't say enough good things about my Secret Jardin DR90... just bought another DR120 and am retiring my Agromax motherkeeper. Secret jardin's ports have inside and outside adjustable "socks" on all their many portholes which makes running ducting and coords easy. Everything stays lightproof. The only other tent I'd consider is Gorilla but I can't afford it.. I don't need to do pull-ups in my tent anyway :)

I Can't say enough good things about my Secret Jardin DR90... just bought another DR120 and am retiring my Agromax motherkeeper. Secret jardin's ports have inside and outside adjustable "socks" on all their many portholes which makes running ducting and coords easy. Everything stays lightproof. The only other tent I'd consider is Gorilla but I can't afford it.. I don't need to do pull-ups in my tent anyway :)[/QUOTE

My agromax motherkeeper is new, just started using it. Now I am regretting buying this setup ...the stackable.. The tent has to many light leaks and I haven't even seen the taller one, hasn't been put up yet. I just wasted a lot of money.
Qanzilla, did you like yours while you had it., or did yours have too many light leaks.
Thanks,
grannyT

I have a Lighthouse Hydro 5x5x7 from Gotham Hydro. Price was great, shipping fast and I am very pleased with the tent.

It has full mylar inside and 900D canvas, double socks on all ports (4-8" ports and 2-4" ports), screened vents on the bottom, zippers are heavy duty and it has a spill mat and a few pockets and extra velcro straps inside to hold thermometers or humidity meters or whatever. It has all steel connectors and 4 hanging tubes up top. Also, the assembly was very easy, I read some people had to trim tubes because their tent covers fit too tight to assemble. Not on this tent! It fit nice and snug without sagging, but still enough room to assemble easily.

I have been using it for only about 2 1/2 months, but would buy another in a second if I needed to.

The only complaint I had was very small and easily fixed. The steel corner connectors (a plus) have one open end that is in contact with the tent once assembled, it came with small plastic plugs in these to cover the sharp metal edge that could wear or cut through the corner eventually. When assembling the tent, these plugs came out of two of the connectors because they weren't a very tight fit. I just put 2 layers of heavy packing tape on them to make sure they didn't fall out later and potentially cut the tent. Very easy fix, I would rate it 4.9 out of 5.0 just for this one minor detail.

I also like the yellow piping, kind of different from all the plain black tents out there.
Tent59.JPG

Have you guys heard of Gbox grow tents. There is one on 247gardens.com that is 55x55x80 for 145.00. I was going to go with the 60x60 Dark Room set-up, but its to big.

I just got my Lighthouse Hydro tent from Gotham on eBay and IT'S AWESOME! Way better than I thought it would be considering I ordered it off ebay. I think I paid 139.00 for the 4x4x7 setup. I have been pricing and reading reviews for grow tents for about a year now. I've been doing everything DIY, and I am kicking myself for not ordering this tent a long time ago. It's got 900d canvas material for the shell. Unzips almost completely around the tent so you hav 270 degree access, double sided sock ports for plugs and vents, and took me literally 30 minutes to set up by myself! I couldnt be happier with this purchase and I didn't get sucked into marketing and pay $300 for a tent that's no better than mine. If you're on the fence about "investing" $300 in a grow tent or paying $150 for a bigger one on ebay with great reviews, then go with the one that's cheaper and loved by all that by it.

hi i bought my tent off of amazon i was trying to get a 1200 watt setup for aroun 700 total starting from scratch but i also had to get quality too
Price? $150.00
Brand name? Apollo horticulture
Size? 4x8
Structure Frame? all metal with metal corners that have the hole for the metal snap connections like for crutches
Frame color? white
Cover Tent Material? inside mylar a decent thickness double stitched seems heavy duty zippers black with purple trim for stronger seems completeley light proof when sealed up two top exhaust holes and two on each side wall and two on each bottom side all have drawstrings on all plus velcro screened square vents for of those and four cord sleeve holes with drawstrings also covers on inside of all zippers for light leaks. plus a cover for over flows or spills velcros up to poles to stay in place
Overall Rating is 8 out of ten i would price it at a $400 tent but its only $150 cant beat that

I recently purchased a Gorilla 4x4 tent and the set up was easy enough, though I needed a step ladder for the extension part. It does have a couple of pin hole leaks but overall I'm pretty happy. I'm now looking for a 4x2x5 tent for veg. I'm leaning towards the lighthouse because it's just a 100 on amazon. I just don't really like the yellow piping because I'm going to have it sitting in the living room any suggestions? I'm in the US if it matters.

Hi Joe, have you measured the actual dimensions for your tent? Is it exactly 4x8 or is it a little oversized? My current tent is a Sun Hut 2x4. But, its label is for the size hydroponic try you might use; i.e, its meant to accommodate a 2x4 hydro tray. The actual dimensions are 3 x 4.5 ft. I recently purchased a cheapo Ebay 4x4 tent. It was exactly 4x4 and thus, too small for my equipment. Now I'm in the process of getting a return from some asshole, SE Asian sweatshop manager <sigh>. I'm hoping the Apollo will fit my needs. Could you do a measurement and tell me the exact dimensions?
Thanks!

I've seen a few posts saying they were good. They were highly recommended wrt to durability. That's all I can say about them. They do use metal corner connectors, not the plastic.

I am having such a hard time trying to figure out how to enclose a space in the corner of my big room that im looking at grow tents. Gorilla is quite exensive, what other tents (i have a 600 watt hps, for the size of tent) are durable that can be bought for about 200$

I saw thiz site with "top 10" grow tents, gorilla was #2 but this mars tent was #3 and only costed about 75$

What do you suggest..thanks guys

I am having such a hard time trying to figure out how to enclose a space in the corner of my big room that im looking at grow tents. Gorilla is quite exensive, what other tents (i have a 600 watt hps, for the size of tent) are durable that can be bought for about 200$

I saw thiz site with "top 10" grow tents, gorilla was #2 but this mars tent was #3 and only costed about 75$

What do you suggest..thanks guys

Also, I heard some good things about Apollo.

75$ is way too cheap idk what i was thinking..lighthouse looks solid from what you guys said.

Anyone have pics of their grow tent?

I have a gorilla grow 5x5x8 and I love it. Easy to set up and use. Plastic zippers always need to be carefully operated but what other choice is there for closures? I have made it rain in my tent. It can truly house its own environment. I plan on buying another gorilla for veg. I use this tent to flower in. I also have a Millard 2x3x5 i use for the clone machine. Walls are not as thick as the Gorilla but it was cheap and serves the purpose very well. It too was easy to set up. Both tents have metal poles though the gorilla has the press in button clasps where the millard has interlocking poles. Gorilla corners are metal, millard's are plastic.

I would recommend both tents for the purposes they serve for me. I would not grow in the Millard since it is not as well insulated as the gorilla and does not have the IR blocking top as the gorilla does. Another gorilla will be purchased for a veg tent.

Structurally the gorilla is very solid. I have had 4 Large LEDs and a 12 inch carbon filter hangin from the roof without and problems. The Millard handles a 2 x 3 LED cluster fixture with ease.

Plenty of access ports in both, though the gorilla ports have double drawstrings that really seal up nicely.

Any specific question? I will be happy to answer......

Hope this helps....Peace

The Apollo 4x8 is 4x8 Outside. It will not fit 4x4' tray that is 4'+. the posts at the corners and middle of each side would be in the way. Nice design features, many vent holes and doors, and smaller holes for wires and airlines, etc.

I just put a 2nd 1000 light in and the heat went up rather quickly over what the one 1000 W MH does. Both are open wing. I have one 8" fan pumping in, with flaps open a bit. I have a filter and 6" cent fan not installed yet, and another 8" fan for the top with a thermostat to turn on around 90 degrees F.

Back
Top Bottom