Grow Tent Reviews Wanted

How about a thread on grow tent reviews? What brand/size do you have? Do you like it (or not) and why? Was it easy to assemble? Durable? Cleanable? Reflective? Lots of vents/ducts/cord ports? How light tight (when new, after a period of use) is it? With a decent ventilation setup, do you ever notice any odor getting through the walls? When you use the vents/ducts/cord ports, how well does the tent material seal around whatever you've got going through the hole (and is it a hassle)? How is the frame as far as durability, finish (if any), and weight-holding ability? Number/size of doors and "windows" and how are the zippers? Does it block any sounds? And anything else at all that you can think of.

Please also mention how old your tent is both because a new tent might not show quality-issues that could present themselves over time and because a newer tent might have been changed in some way (quality better/worse, more/less features, etc.).

Much appreciated, and THANKS to all who add to this thread.

Hey! I'm using a real cheap grow tent, cost me €32 including postage. It measures 60x60x140; really small! Fits perfect in my bedroom. I got told I could fit 4 autos in there, no way, I've got 2 and they're struggling for space. As for the actual tent it's quite tight fitting and as of this did rrip ever so slightly on assembly but only a few centimetres. All in all it's a gem . Picture was taken when I only had one plant around 2 weeks old.
420-magazine-mobile196782267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

ObiWeedKenobi, neither of these 4x4 tents will disappoint but with the side doors on the Galaxy it offers more bang for the buck for my needs. The Gorilla tents have 10" double cinched duct ports while the Galaxy uses 6" double cinched duct ports. That may be a factor for some, although I don't see much need for 10" ports on such a small tent.

gorillaVgalaxy_fw.png

Who makes galaxy grow tents?

What the hell is a jigawat?

Who makes galaxy grow tents?

What the hell is a jigawat?

Galaxy is carried by Dealzer Grow Supply (dealzer.com) or you can get them on Amazon.

A jigawatt is a unit of power. 1.21 jigawatts are necessary to power a flux capacitor.

Thanks. I was looking a little bit myself but couldn't find anything on the surface. It's not that important. I was just curious about the company itself (do they sell other products)?

-What the hell is a jigawat?-

I use two LA Garden 4x4x7 tents. I think I payed 108.00 us dollars for each of them. They seem to be very serviceable. Easy to assemble even alone. tent has large door on front and large access windows on each side. vents at floor level on three sides. Has double draw string opening for cords and venting. (1 on top, one at both bottom and top on each side. Zipper is heavy and large. stitching is more than adequate. one tent has been in service for about month the other only a few days. tent material is nice and heave with a Mylar interior. It also comes with a floor pan that comes out to be cleaned if necessary. The frame uses metal corner brackets with a plastic foot pad to protect tent material.
20170211_143800.jpg
20170211_143752.jpg
20170104_195521.jpg

I have a 4' x 4' x 6' VivoSun Grow Tent, I have no complaints except the pin hole (light leak) around the stitching. My grow area is dark, so I am not affected by the "pin holes", but if you have intense light outside the tent, you'll probably end up getting a couple pinhole rays coming in.

Here's my 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent.
I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The reasons why it didn't get 5 stars:
Very Pricey- it's almost double the price of other brands same size tents
Lacks clever rigging- for the price it should have ways to hang lights, fans, co2 bags, temp/humidity monitors, cabling, power strips
Doubt about strength- they claim the roof can support 300 lbs. I'm 160 and I felt like I would collapse it

Reasons why it got 4 stars:
Very Strong Fabirc- The outer material is buff
Very Strong seems- the sewing and seeming is very buff
Very Strong zippers- they are thick and buff
Metal Corners- I hear about flimsy vinyl corners and know these metal ones will not break
Large Ports everywhere- there are four 10 inch ducting ports, two electrical ports, 3 micro screened vents with velcroed cover flaps and windows also with velcroed flaps.
Light tight- there are flaps over the zippers so it is very light tight if needed
Height Option- this thing can go to 8' or 9' tall! You can grow trees or compartmentalize and have veg, clone and flower. I wish I had ten foot ceilings
Easy Assembly- I was intimidated at first but completely assembled it in about 30 minutes on my own and taking my time
Ports have dual cinches- ports can all be sealed on each side. I found this helps secure fans and ducting.
Great Customer Support- I have spoken with Erik at Gorilla Grow tent a few times and the dude is awesome. He helped me out tremedously

Overall, I freaking love this thing. I'm so glad I went with the best as I plan on having multiple grows and hopefully many bountiful harvests.
Day_16_moved_to_tent.JPG

You shouldn't put your gear up for sale on public sites espesh with the 420 in the photo there's ya name and were your from on it also as took me two seconds to find you on here to tell you

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Velks 3rd Run - The Auto Flower Jungle

Agc Auto Growers Club

I just bought my second Galaxy tent. I love the quality of the Galaxy line and would put them up against any other tent, even the Gorilla. They use 1680D fabric like the top line Gorilla tents but with more features and at a much better price point.
I now have a 4x4 and a 4x8.

I have no affiliation, just a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

which is what makes time travel possible! That and a Delorean.

Those movies were the ultimate in irony... I've driven a DeLorean (in good condition), and they could barely move about in the present, lol. IIRC, the little V6 was only around 2.8l and less than 150 horsepower, and it took almost nine seconds - with the manual transmission option - to get to 60 MPH. A supercar, it wasn't. If DeLorean hadn't gone bankrupt due to the drug allegations, the cars he was selling might have caused the same thing to happen before too long (IMHO). Seems like, after things fell apart for the company, there were about 100 cars finished by the company that is now...

Big Lots, LMFAO. I always thought that was utterly appropriate ;).

As always, folks, thank you for the grow tent reviews. Keep them coming.

@TorturedSoul, you're right about the Delorean. It was a cool concept but severely underpowered and under-engineered. Even if it had been kitted out with a proper engine the frame geometry was still antediluvian. And God help you if you had to back up because you couldn't see a thing. That concept died a timely death in my opinion.

I purchased two LAGarden 4x4x7 tents. The features have been done in many threads.

What I wanted to add is that before picking these tents I had been lucky enough to have several friends who purchased tents ahead of me and an HTG Supply within a joints ride.

After laying eyes and hands on LAGarden, Gorilla, Galaxy, AgroMax, PlanetHydro, Vivosun, and 2 unbranded tents, most of which had at least a couple of grows under their belts, I had come to a couple of conclusions.

1.) Once you decide to go cheap, and I was looking at 4x4's so...anything under $200?... they were all pretty much the same. A few variations in vent sizing and placement....but other than that... xeroxs. With constant use...unless you're prone to destruction....you should get at least a few years out of even the budget tents. That's what I've seen and what I expect. One caveat, I have never seen a frame with plastic corners...from what I've heard I would probably avoid that feature.
2.) When my cheap tents die they will be replaced with Galaxies..unless there's something better by then. The construction and durabilty of that product is just insane.

2.) When my cheap tents die they will be replaced with Galaxies..unless there's something better by then. The construction and durability of that product is just insane.

Yes! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to recognise the quality/price point. The Galaxy line of grow tents are hell for stout and double as fallout shelters should the need arise. Also useful in case of shark attacks.

Hi Goat Cheese! I was considering the Vivosun tent as well. Doing some research, I ran across a suggestion for the pin holes... use a black nailpolish daub. It sounded like a good idea, so if your plants aren't too far along and you have nothing to do...

Hope this helps,

Dory

It looks like I bought the exact same one, but different brand name.
61H-JPLm_UL_SL1200_.jpg

I've been using it for the past 2 months. Seems built to last (strong zips, heavy material).

Back
Top Bottom