Grow Tent Reviews Wanted

Hey Bassman, I'm going to try and PM you some questions,if I can, I have 55 post so I'll give it a shot, if you have time kinda of important, but it's cool if your busy I'll also make use of Google first, thanks bro

Sure feel free. I work funky hours and will be going to sleep soon. I may have time before work to answer or I may not answer till after work tomorrow (which is before noon). But I'll do my best whatever the question(s).

Bassman, Still haven't sent that email LOL but I will, a couple questions, and BTW, this would make a great thread topic, I haven't found much here on it but I may have missed it. I did some reading and unless there has been a new ruling since 2001, using aerial infrared, or imaging device like it was ruled unconstitutional without a search warrant, still doesn't mean they wouldn't do it, I read something else that said anything under 2000W would be hard to detect and justify, it could be anything. The last thing I can think of is I read a post where someone said they ran a air cooled 600W HPS and could lay their hand on it, so if that's true it should be enough to worry about? I hope what I have read is true and will do more research, also others could report there experience, thanks for any help

Tricks said:
Bassman, Still haven't sent that email LOL but I will, a couple questions, and BTW, this would make a great thread topic, I haven't found much here on it but I may have missed it. I did some reading and unless there has been a new ruling since 2001, using aerial infrared, or imaging device like it was ruled unconstitutional without a search warrant, still doesn't mean they wouldn't do it, I read something else that said anything under 2000W would be hard to detect and justify, it could be anything. The last thing I can think of is I read a post where someone said they ran a air cooled 600W HPS and could lay their hand on it, so if that's true it should be enough to worry about? I hope what I have read is true and will do more research, also others could report there experience, thanks for any help

It's also legal to grow nearly all other plants besides MMJ indoors under 1000w lights, etc. Personally, I would think you'd be fine unless you (a) have a lot more heat/wattage, or (b) have given Leo other reasons to be checking you out. That's just my opinion, though, every one must make their own judgement call this way.

Thats my feeling, and in fact if you see my other post I plan on doing just that, also I have a 400W and may get a 600W if we do more gardening, the other thing is LEO is not supposed to be used in the US for those reasons, Supreme Court ruling in 2001, but hey we know they do what they do. I think that was used for large OP's for the most part. I'd just hate to be in my house with my tomatoes, coneflowers and what ever that other thing is my girl wants to grow, only to have my door kicked in LOL

Also if you are growing in a tent, there shouldn't be a heat sig, or would it? it looks at roof's walls,foundations and venting areas putting out unusual amount of heat, from everything I have read its going to take more than a 1000 W's of light, add to that its in a vented tent, it would seem that the tent would have to be awful hot to register anything, I think smell and ventilation would be a bigger issue than this with a small set-up like that, but I could be wrong. Besides, they would need something to go on in order to look at you in the first place, besides the fact that using these devices my L.E is illegal, many ,many people like myself grow stuff other than weed..but its a big strange world huh

I really wanted to buy some LED lights, I think they would be great for my flowers and veggies that I want to get into cross-breeding and stuff, but to get the ones that are worth having it is just still to expensive for someone like myself who is disabled and on a fixed income, so until the price comes down, a lot of people don't have that option, but it would be nice, in fact it was my first choice

Hi all,
I use tents for my grows, after researching the subject heavily I thought they were the best bet. They have worked very well for me.
I use 2.4x2.4x2m, which give great yields. The brand is "grow life", I believe they are a mid-range tent. I also use GT100 NFT's, I don't think there is another system that produces yields like these do however the down sides are you cannot move these once up and running like you could a pot. So if you get in trouble you have to ditch the lot unfortunately.
I have 4 600w in these one in each quadrant, I have stared using air cooled tubes / hoods as it is hot here ATM and these help to reduce the heat but in winter will prob switch back to a normal reflector.
All fans etc are outside the tent so there is a much room as possible inside (check my pics for my last grow).
This is a great tip: Use bamboo canes (1.8 is perfect as the bottom of the nft is 20cm from the ground and the tent is 2m) and create a grid at the top if the tent and then attached the canes vertically to support the ladies - honestly it will save you so much time and the plants will be much neater. I learnt this from last grow (see pics for the mess I created - LOL) Cable ties too - these will be your best friend!
Until the time I can purpose build a room I will use these tents.
I had a few issues though, in particular keeping the tent up to temp (this was a grow during the winter and was minus outside). Convection heaters are too harsh and the tubes just didn't produce enough heat so the plants suffered, it cost me!
With regards to cost: 2 x 2.4sq tents - £2500 approx. for 1 grow each (about 10% of gross revenue). Have not tried LED, the cheap ones look bad and the good ones are very expensive still. Plus from what I have read I don't think they would come close to HPS bulbs. Personally I think these can be used for vegging as well (once ready for the nft's not when seeding / cloning). I have just brought some CFL's to place under the plants - will let you know if they make any difference...
Any q's - just ask
Regards
DSC_2150.JPG
DSC_2531.JPG

Hi all,
I use tents for my grows, after researching the subject heavily I thought they were the best bet. They have worked very well for me.
I use 2.4x2.4x2m, which give great yields. The brand is "grow life", I believe they are a mid-range tent. I also use GT100 NFT's, I don't think there is another system that produces yields like these do however the down sides are you cannot move these once up and running like you could a pot. So if you get in trouble you have to ditch the lot unfortunately.
I have 4 600w in these one in each quadrant, I have stared using air cooled tubes / hoods as it is hot here ATM and these help to reduce the heat but in winter will prob switch back to a normal reflector.
All fans etc are outside the tent so there is a much room as possible inside (check my pics for my last grow).
This is a great tip: Use bamboo canes (1.8 is perfect as the bottom of the nft is 20cm from the ground and the tent is 2m) and create a grid at the top if the tent and then attached the canes vertically to support the ladies - honestly it will save you so much time and the plants will be much neater. I learnt this from last grow (see pics for the mess I created - LOL) Cable ties too - these will be your best friend!
Until the time I can purpose build a room I will use these tents.
I had a few issues though, in particular keeping the tent up to temp (this was a grow during the winter and was minus outside). Convection heaters are too harsh and the tubes just didn't produce enough heat so the plants suffered, it cost me!
With regards to cost: 2 x 2.4sq tents - £2500 approx. for 1 grow each (about 10% of gross revenue). Have not tried LED, the cheap ones look bad and the good ones are very expensive still. Plus from what I have read I don't think they would come close to HPS bulbs. Personally I think these can be used for vegging as well (once ready for the nft's not when seeding / cloning). I have just brought some CFL's to place under the plants - will let you know if they make any difference...
Any q's - just ask
Regards
DSC_2150.JPG
DSC_2531.JPG

:goodjob: Looks like a great setup there! Yeah the grow tent you have in your pictures is by Hydrolab a UK based grow tent company. They did a range of tents called GrowLife.

I got a 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent from my wife for Christmas. I put the tent together but am still piecing together my equipment. After looking at the pictures above I can easily say the Gorilla Grow tent is better. The zippers are buff and have two inch flaps of thick fabric over each side. The 4 air vents are 10" and have two cinches on each of them. There are two ~4" electrical ports holes one on the top and one on the bottom. There are three micro mesh air vents on the bottom that have very nice velcro flaps that easily roll up and velcro open. The frame is solid and holds alot of weight. I'm not going to hang from it like advertisements though. I paid $400 for it but am glad I did seeing the how the quality compares to the others out there. I'll take some pics and post em later.

I got a 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent from my wife for Christmas. I put the tent together but am still piecing together my equipment. After looking at the pictures above I can easily say the Gorilla Grow tent is better. The zippers are buff and have two inch flaps of thick fabric over each side. The 4 air vents are 10" and have two cinches on each of them. There are two ~4" electrical ports holes one on the top and one on the bottom. There are three micro mesh air vents on the bottom that have very nice velcro flaps that easily roll up and velcro open. The frame is solid and holds alot of weight. I'm not going to hang from it like advertisements though. I paid $400 for it but am glad I did seeing the how the quality compares to the others out there. I'll take some pics and post em later.

Glad to hear about it CH. I've been contemplating replacing my secret jardin tents for a while. I can't stand that buying extra top cross poles is nigh impossible. And after the 5x5 I own leaked when I had a hydro spill and ruined the carpet I'll never buy one again.

I really like 5x8 size as my future.

Just got my hands on a couple of 2014 Hydrolabs, sweet bits of kit, one of the best tents out at the moment for the money IMO, just done a mini review here with photos: Hydrolab grow tents

I'll be rigging up my lights etc in a few days so I'll report back soon.

Here's my 4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent.
I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The reasons why it didn't get 5 stars:
Very Pricey- it's almost double the price of other brands same size tents
Lacks clever rigging- for the price it should have ways to hang lights, fans, co2 bags, temp/humidity monitors, cabling, power strips
Doubt about strength- they claim the roof can support 300 lbs. I'm 160 and I felt like I would collapse it

Reasons why it got 4 stars:
Very Strong Fabirc- The outer material is buff
Very Strong seems- the sewing and seeming is very buff
Very Strong zippers- they are thick and buff
Metal Corners- I hear about flimsy vinyl corners and know these metal ones will not break
Large Ports everywhere- there are four 10 inch ducting ports, two electrical ports, 3 micro screened vents with velcroed cover flaps and windows also with velcroed flaps.
Light tight- there are flaps over the zippers so it is very light tight if needed
Height Option- this thing can go to 8' or 9' tall! You can grow trees or compartmentalize and have veg, clone and flower. I wish I had ten foot ceilings
Easy Assembly- I was intimidated at first but completely assembled it in about 30 minutes on my own and taking my time
Ports have dual cinches- ports can all be sealed on each side. I found this helps secure fans and ducting.
Great Customer Support- I have spoken with Erik at Gorilla Grow tent a few times and the dude is awesome. He helped me out tremedously

Overall, I freaking love this thing. I'm so glad I went with the best as I plan on having multiple grows and hopefully many bountiful harvests.
Day_16_moved_to_tent.JPG

I use VS1200-60 Virtual Sun tents. they are 10'x5'x6'.8"
Exterior Material: Heavy duty 600D Oxford Cloth.
Inner Lining Material: 100% Highly Reflective Water-Proof Mylar.
Frame Material: Firm Powder Coated Metal.
Removable Reflective Floor Pan.
Openings on Grow Tent

4 - (32 x 8-Inch) Lower Ventilation Slots That Can be Covered or Opened.
4 - (3-Inch Diameter) Utility Slots.
4 - (6-Inch) Diameter Ventilation Slot.
4 - (8-Inch) Diameter Ventilation Slot.
Front Area Opens Similar to French Doors
I have not had one problem with all my tents. I did do a take down on my R.D.W.C and got about 7 gallons of fluid on floor. No leaks.
I cant say much about the back windows. My tents are all against walls. I give all my tents 10's.
20131113_155524.jpg
20131113_155539.jpg
20131228_123510.jpg
20140115_182036.jpg

I use a little one, to complete light period for autos or to flower some ones, because it's dark inside, the 12/12 period works fine. It's from Green Box. It's small and simple 24" x 24" x 47" only and I always must training the girls to fit there! Or use the 12/12 method since seed (as you see in this pics, LED lights on and off).

grow125.jpg

grow50.jpg

I have a secret Jardin Darkstreet 90 2.5 and I love it!!!! It is the perfect tent for my room that I have it in and has the ports at the right places, also love the material that the new 2.5 is constructed out of as I think it is thicker and has better light blocking than the original dark street 90. My only gripe is those plastic joints I wish they were made out of metal, other than that it is a great grow tent for the novice and beginniners like me! Also the price is pretty good too!

I would never buy a kit. But if I had the $ to spare I would get rid of my secret jardins and go gorilla in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom