GrownManHollr's First Attempt — Hopeful Hempys

I'm pleased to say that my four remaining victims..err plants are doing pretty well!

Here's an updated group shot
FamShot0625.JPG

There has been advancement since the last group picture 8 days ago. It's felt a bit like 1 step forward and 2 steps back, but they are doing generally better and I'm feeling optimistic.

Here's a pic of plant 1.
Plant1-0625.JPG

It's still really sluggish, however, the color is good and the leaves seem pretty healthy.

Plant 2 is doing okay.
Plant2-0625.JPG

I have been encouraging the growth in the lower area of the plant using the CFLs as side lighting. I figure it's better to have more foliage than just the top group of leaves. I may need to trim some of that back eventually.

A moment of silence for plant 3 (that's long enough:;):).

Plant 4 isn't going gangbusters...
Plant4-0625.JPG

But it's okay! The color's really nice and it seems stable.

Plant 5 is showing a little new growth...
Plant5-0625.JPG

Would still like to know it's true heritage. But, it's our little Timmy (hopefully short for Timothea! :cool: ).

I'm definitely going to stick with DocBud's keep it simple program. Will just be counting on the Osmocote+ to supply the nutes adding only a little hygrozyme and CalMag+ until flowering.

Will be moving Timmy over into Plant 3's old digs pretty soon. Needs a nice place to stretch it's roots.

Overall they are looking pretty good GrownManHollr. Are you trying to find a mother or are you just going to flower out these in the hempy buckets? If the latter, don't worry too much about pulling out the runts. They all looked good to me. Good luck and have fun learning. I know I have so far.

Overall they are looking pretty good GrownManHollr. Are you trying to find a mother or are you just going to flower out these in the hempy buckets? If the latter, don't worry too much about pulling out the runts. They all looked good to me. Good luck and have fun learning. I know I have so far.

Munki,
Thanks for tuning in! Planning to flower all 4 of these. If plant 5 gets into gear and grows a little, I might try taking a couple of cuttings for clones. I have no idea what sort of plant it is and I'd kind of hate to find out that I really like it and have no way to grow any more. Have you by chance seen anything like that before?

thanks man it feels good to here my grows helped others out.

I have no skills bro. all i do is feed them and watch them real close every day. but thanks for the complement.

You're WAY too modest. Those plants you're growing now look fantastic (not to mention POTM/BOTM). The LST job you've done is TIGHT man! Wish I had "no skills" like that! :grinjoint:

Munki,
Thanks for tuning in! Planning to flower all 4 of these. If plant 5 gets into gear and grows a little, I might try taking a couple of cuttings for clones. I have no idea what sort of plant it is and I'd kind of hate to find out that I really like it and have no way to grow any more. Have you by chance seen anything like that before?

It looks like an indica dominate strain or phenotype of a hybrid strain. Should prove to be a shorter, bushier plant that tends to finish growing quicker than the thinner leaved plants. Has a different high that some prefer. If you have the room and it harbors no disease or pest then let it live.

thanks man it feels good to here my grows helped others out.

I have no skills bro. all i do is feed them and watch them real close every day. but thanks for the complement.

That's what got me Plant and Nug of the month. What you are doing is working so keep it up brother! :bravo:

It looks like an indica dominate strain or phenotype of a hybrid strain. Should prove to be a shorter, bushier plant that tends to finish growing quicker than the thinner leaved plants. Has a different high that some prefer. If you have the room and it harbors no disease or pest then let it live.

I won't be culling out any more plants unless they turn out to be males. When I ordered these Jack Herer seeds I didn't even know there was such a thing as feminized seeds (too buzzed to noticed what it said right there on the screen). Also didn't know anything about reputable seed houses. Ordered these from marijuana-seeds.nl. It may be a good company, but they don't carry Barney's, Big Buddha, etc. only their own house brand. The encouraging thing is that, on the little ziplock baggy they came in was written "JH-F". I'm hoping these were feminized seeds they sent instead of regular.

The newer leaves (on Plant 5) are actually starting to more closely resemble those of the other plants (only more squat). If it's an indica dominate phenotype of Jack Herer, that would be pretty cool :) !

Man, I've seen your awesome scrog results. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Hey GMH, lookin' good :cheer:

Hey Horse! thanks for stopping by man! You're doing some great stuff up in your crawlspace. Looking forward to seeing you get that tent dialed in. It looks great.

I've been going around and around getting a tent (one consideration was whether there'd be any live plants to put into it!). Got to do something about light before these babies go 12/12. My closet doors don't seal light in or out. A tent would also potentially let me keep other plants in the room on a different light cycle.

Hey Horse! thanks for stopping by man! You're doing some great stuff up in your crawlspace. Looking forward to seeing you get that tent dialed in. It looks great.

I've been going around and around getting a tent (one consideration was whether there'd be any live plants to put into it!). Got to do something about light before these babies go 12/12. My closet doors don't seal light in or out. A tent would also potentially let me keep other plants in the room on a different light cycle.

If I could have found tents in the right sizes, I'd have bought 3 in a heartbeat. They seem way cheap to me for what you get. I still don't know if mine's gonna just melt, or whut :)

If I could have found tents in the right sizes, I'd have bought 3 in a heartbeat. They seem way cheap to me for what you get. I still don't know if mine's gonna just melt, or whut :)

I think it will work okay for you once you get the ventilation worked out. I hear that a lot of the more inexpensive tents will fall apart. Yours looks like it's industrial strength! I'm thinking of something like a 3x3 tent for flowering with a 4" vortex fan pulling air into the attic with a carbon filter going out and maybe a hepa filter going in (I believe it was Setting Sun who said he used a hepa filter - seems like a great way to keep sticky buds from collecting dust!).
:goodluck:
Enjoy your Sunday!

I think it will work okay for you once you get the ventilation worked out. I hear that a lot of the more inexpensive tents will fall apart. Yours looks like it's industrial strength! I'm thinking of something like a 3x3 tent for flowering with a 4" vortex fan pulling air into the attic with a carbon filter going out and maybe a hepa filter going in (I believe it was Setting Sun who said he used a hepa filter - seems like a great way to keep sticky buds from collecting dust!).
:goodluck:
Enjoy your Sunday!

I'm trying to work out a passive intake, my meter is already spinning like a college freshman and his first toilet hugger :)

I put some pvc pipes around the bottom, but the crawl space liner doesn't have enough flex to flop over them and keep out light. I ordered a tent for a reverse backup, actually Plan D :smokin:

:peace:

I won't be culling out any more plants unless they turn out to be males. When I ordered these Jack Herer seeds I didn't even know there was such a thing as feminized seeds (too buzzed to noticed what it said right there on the screen). Also didn't know anything about reputable seed houses. Ordered these from marijuana-seeds.nl. It may be a good company, but they don't carry Barney's, Big Buddha, etc. only their own house brand. The encouraging thing is that, on the little ziplock baggy they came in was written "JH-F". I'm hoping these were feminized seeds they sent instead of regular.

The newer leaves (on Plant 5) are actually starting to more closely resemble those of the other plants (only more squat). If it's an indica dominate phenotype of Jack Herer, that would be pretty cool :) !

Man, I've seen your awesome scrog results. Can't wait to see what you do next!

I plan to pop seeds in the hunt for new mothers using hempy buckets. I've seen enough growers be pleasantly surprised on the growth rates of this simple tech.

I'm trying to work out a passive intake, my meter is already spinning like a college freshman and his first toilet hugger :)

HA! I sorta' remember that night! I hear you about power consumption. Right now, to keep my grow space at a reasonable temp (low 80s), I've got to keep the a/c in the house cranked down to the low 70s. Thinkin' if I vent some of the warmer air out (into the attic), I can moderate that.

I put some pvc pipes around the bottom, but the crawl space liner doesn't have enough flex to flop over them and keep out light. I ordered a tent for a reverse backup, actually Plan D :smokin:

Maybe you need to get crazy with some spray foam insulation! Good Luck! I know you'll be successful even if it has to be Plan 9 from Outer Space!:idea:

Back
Top Bottom