Growth Hormone, Super thrive

WestSideGrow

SO, here's my situation.

Germing seed in a 2 gallon pot filled with fox farms ocean forest soil.

I was wondering, While it's germing would there be any point in using green dot root growth hormone, and or superthrive ?

A buddy of mine said super thrive would help in a low dose of a water bottle cap full.

Sorry if this sounds incredibly stupid. But hey, we all need to learn.
:peace:

Re: Growth Hormone, Super thrive.

Don't do it.

By the way a water bottle cap full is NOT a low dose when it comes to superthive. A cap full is enough for like 4-8 good sized plants. If one was using it on little sproutlings a cap full would be enough for literally 50-100 sprouts.

You want to use about 2-3 drops of superthrive per gallon of water. Even just 1 drop will work magic.

But you do not want to do it on little sproutlings especially in a soil as rich as FFOF. Just give it straight water for the next 2 weeks, nothing else once the sprout is more a small plant and is a good 6 inches tall with some leaves and possibly a 2nd branch or two growing. Then I suggest adding a tiny bit of b-1 and superthrive to your water. After another week you can also start giving a small small bit of nitrogen heavy veg type nutes. I personally use 5-1-1 fish fert. Its cheap and organic. But if you like buying the big names like FF and AN, have at it they all have many veg type nutes as well.

Just remember for the first month of life you really want to go light on the nutes. The main things I like to give them are things to help root growth in the first couple weeks. Same with the first week or two after a transplant. B-1 is good for roots, so is superthrive, also Mycorrizal fungi are good. There are other more expensive things and I am sure many work good. But I buy my b-1 in a gallon jug from home depot for 5 bucks. and I get my Fungi from the hydro store for 3 bucks. Superthrive is the most expensive thing. However whenever I transplant into bigger pots or from a pot into the ground I rarely ever get more then a few hours of transplant shock. I also have roots growing out the bottom of the pot within days after I transplant into a bigger pot.

Good rroots are the key to plant growth.

By the way a water bottle cap full is NOT a low dose when it comes to superthive. A cap full is enough for like 4-8 good sized plants. If one was using it on little sproutlings a cap full would be enough for literally 50-100 sprouts.

You want to use about 2-3 drops of superthrive per gallon of water. Even just 1 drop will work magic.

But you do not want to do it on little sproutlings especially in a soil as rich as FFOF. Just give it straight water for the next 2 weeks, nothing else once the sprout is more a small plant and is a good 6 inches tall with some leaves and possibly a 2nd branch or two growing. Then I suggest adding a tiny bit of b-1 and superthrive to your water. After another week you can also start giving a small small bit of nitrogen heavy veg type nutes. I personally use 5-1-1 fish fert. Its cheap and organic. But if you like buying the big names like FF and AN, have at it they all have many veg type nutes as well.

Just remember for the first month of life you really want to go light on the nutes. The main things I like to give them are things to help root growth in the first couple weeks. Same with the first week or two after a transplant. B-1 is good for roots, so is superthrive, also Mycorrizal fungi are good. There are other more expensive things and I am sure many work good. But I buy my b-1 in a gallon jug from home depot for 5 bucks. and I get my Fungi from the hydro store for 3 bucks. Superthrive is the most expensive thing. However whenever I transplant into bigger pots or from a pot into the ground I rarely ever get more then a few hours of transplant shock. I also have roots growing out the bottom of the pot within days after I transplant into a bigger pot.

Good rroots are the key to plant growth.

Very well said :). Noted ! Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom