Grubs in my worm bin

Vegan4life

Hello all, I just harvested some worm castings from my composting worm bin. I have noticed grubs in with the castings. Maybe beetle larva ? Castings are probably a little moister than they should be, maybe that is what is causing them to be there. Bin is sealed so not sure how they got in??? Can anyone identify? I rinsed them off so they would be easier to see.

grubs1.JPG
Grubs2.JPG

Hello all, I just harvested some worm castings from my composting worm bin. I have noticed grubs in with the castings. Maybe beetle larva ? Castings are probably a little moister than they should be, maybe that is what is causing them to be there. Bin is sealed so not sure how they got in??? Can anyone identify? I rinsed them off so they would be easier to see.

grubs1.JPG
Grubs2.JPG
Good bait! No idea but fish love them on a hook!

look like black horned beetle there are numerous kinds some like wood some like manure others just live in moist soil I find them all the time in my compost bin , they do not hurt anything but like Stone Otter said they make great fishing bait or just crush um up and the worms will turn them into compost,

Back
Top Bottom