Gudyul's - Mars Hydro - Cup #3 Bubba Kush - Journal - 2017 - Second Attempt

Here are new clones. Not sure if I can start over at this point . THe grow in the garage got so cold they almost quit growing. below zero F out doors. I mean the floor is 50 F and the ceiling is 90 F with 1500 watt auxiliary heat running 24/7. THese new clones are upstairs in the house where environment is more stable. Same strains as just harvested under 144x5. Bubba,Critical,CBD Cure,Tang Dream, skunk #2, and Blue BLood. It's like a movie flash back where you see the end scene first. I will still document progress in the garage under the 1200's. Maybe the weather will warm up and and plants will finish strong.

IMG_0379_1_2.JPG
IMG_0378_1_3.JPG

Actually the lower right is Bubba and upper left is Tangerine Dream, let's see upper right is Critical Cure , bottom left is critical Kush, mid left is Blood, and mid right must be Skunk 2. . Haven't harvested Tangerine or CBD Cure yet. All six strains are in the garage slowly starting to bud. THe previously harvested strains are still in the cure. I tried a hit, and on the second hit I coughed so hard it hurt like hell for 10 minutes. Need a good month cure and it will be much smoother toke ( I hope). I have to hide a few jars and forget about it.

Bubba Kush in the back

IMG_0392_1_2.JPG

Critical Kush in the front

IMG_0391_1_3.JPG

Bubba and Critical actually passed up their older cuzins that were up potted to the 7 gallon cloth pots ( soil may have been a little rich as well). Up potting must have slowed growth. Maybe the larger soil mass held more of the cold temps seeping up through the floor. Bubba and Critical are in the three gallon plastic containers.

IMG_0403_1_3.JPG
IMG_0400_1_4.JPG
IMG_0399_1_3.JPG

having issue with taco leaves on blue blood strain. Only in one area of plant where small fan was pushing hot air down from ceiling.

Other taco research indicates that taco may be:

PH off and locked out MG

Too much N lock out MG

heat stress

I moved the fan to point a different direction. Floor is cold and ceiling is hot in this space in drafty garage. However the plants with smaller pots are doing much better. large pots may be too cold and damp also causing poor nute absorption. THus MG deficiency. This grow is turning educational for sure. Cannabis does not seem to like a lot of fluctuation in temps or too much wind. Go with oscillating fans fo sho. I did prune the heck out of that blue blood as well to keep it even with the others. THe CBD Critical Cure seems to be handling the stress the best of the four up potted strains.

IMG_0418_1_2.JPG
IMG_0417_1_2.JPG

Yes on both and kind thanks for your wisdom Sparticus. Ceiling fan was blowing 90F down on 60f canopy. Up potted soil had some ground up fan leaf and other things in it. Way to hot maybe. Nothing like experiencing the real deal compared to reading about it. On the other hand the bubba and critical are doing great in small pots without the hot soil and no fan blowing high temps down on . Only one part of the blue blood is damaged where the fan heat is blowing down. The hot soil or the cold/damp root temps (soggy soil mix, shoulda added more peat or coco n perlite or pumis ) have seemed to slow growth on the older plants that were up potted. THe clones upstairs in the house are doing great in stable environment. I reused old soil with new soil for up potting the clones and they seem fine now that they are up potted . THe roots were getting a little root bound (spiraling) and showing some leaf spots on some of the strains just prior to up pot. Bubba did not like getting topped and seems droop. Blue Blood is still getting twisted leaves and Skunk still has claws near the top. CBD Cure is very resilient though not a very high THC strain but may be a good "less is more "strain for medicinal. Tangerine Dream had clone issues (stunted) but is catching up now. Critical Kush is also looking good as well, she was the high yielder last go round with least odor.

Back
Top Bottom