Gudyul's - Mars Hydro - Cup #3 Bubba Kush - Journal - 2017 - Second Attempt

IMG_0419_1_2.JPG
IMG_0423_1_3.JPG
IMG_0421_1_2.JPG
IMG_0420_1_3.JPG

Sorry to hear about your temperature issues. It has happened to me as well in the past. This run have been fine but not optimal in regards of climate in the grow-room. At least I'll see the grow through. Looking forward to starting next grow. March is almost here and winter is coming to an end. We will have better temps next run both of us.

Your new strains are looking interesting. They're mostly new to me

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I went through the whole decision process as to which seeds to try and now I am trying to pick 2 strains out of the six. It will be difficult to pick and choose. I will grow them out a few times before I get too picky. All six together seem to have a wonderful blended fragrance capturing all the different terpenes. Studying up on the medicinal threads some of the gurus encourage blending strains for optimum benefits. Soon I will open a small legal grow here in Western Alaska and so I continue to look for the right strains and light fixtures. I am on a limited budget to start up so looks like I may go with the 144's side by side for aprox 70 watt square foot with a .75 gram per watt target. I will use 3 gallon pots with coco and peat and some amendments , then fertilize with 1/3 strength commercial nutrients 400ppm and a few basic things like silica and cal mag and occasional tea, probably a dry fertilizer to cut down on shipping costs. Some plants will get npk and others will get microbes and organic stuff until me and the weeds get dialed in. I will be hand watering aprox 50-100 plants daily and probably twice daily for budding due to the small containers. Going with small cuz I have low ceiling and small space plus less wear and tear on back and shoulders etc. I don't see may commercial grows on this forum. Why is that? Maybe too competitive. Anyway I would love to get a light sponsor to promote their latest and greatest lights. I am eager to see what Mars comes up with for a Cob/LED light. Something like Amare but less expensive I am hoping pending current politics. Meanwhile I will stick with the 144's as I do not really see much difference between the 144 and the pro series . Also I like the 144 as is is not too heavy for handling. THe 1200 seem to pop drivers and diodes at temps over 90 and are very heavy for raising and lowering as are most large fixtures out there. I see some DIY COB are only 10lb but lack the UL listings required for commercial codes.

Almost two months from clone

now

IMG_0419_1_2.JPG

then

IMG_0046_1_2.JPG

now..the four on right were actually 3-4 weeks older. THey got up potted to 7 gallon grow bags and then weather got cold . Of the clones on left , Bubba and Critical, two got culled then they were up potted to three gallon pots. Those two clones grew faster and bigger in the small pots than the four older plants in the 7 gallon pots. most likely the soil was too hot and cold and moist in the bigger pots. THe smaller pots had better drainage and dried out more between feedings.

IMG_0420_1_3.JPG

Looks great man the one middle back on the second pic looks a bit clawy. The joys of running lots of different strains

Normally a few will droop and eventually fall off, this is always at the bottoms of the plant and is due to them not getting enough light. Hence why lollipopping is so effective when light cant reach the lower buds. Really I wouldn't worry to much happened to me when i had a bunch of plants to close outdoors as well. Just make sure to clean them up the dead leafs and promote mold and pests to come in. Looks great man :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom