H-LOC A Hydro Living Organic Coco Expirence

As you were :passitleft:

Hey Mr. A! :passitleft: I have something exciting to share!

Crazy, wonder what was wrong with the nutrients? Good of them to swap them for credit.

Exactly that just keep an eye on it, just wanted to make you aware just incase you encounter a problem, mine was fantastic at first too lol, just didn't seem to stay fantastic. Hopefully you have better luck, good thing is tho least you can take it back when it stops working with the warranty lol. Fanleaf helped me realise I had a dodgy PH pen in my first grow, it was .5 off the EC. Both done the same thing.

I like how you've added the intake into the front room so your plants can get all that free CO2 we generate. I really want to purchase a meter to measure the amount of CO2. You could spend money all day on this hobby lol.

Hey tk! They were probably an older bottle. I'm sure they get more turnover for the larger bottles as they cater to more commercial grows. AN has a money back guarantee, I should have got cash but I'm not complaining. Very happy with what I got instead!

Hey yeah I appreciate that. I gave you +reps for the heads up. I have ph drops so ill compare the two periodically as well. I'll get blue labs when the warranty expires and it craps out on me. How did you make sure it was off?

It's so funny we went out of town last night and came back early. I started working when we got home but my wife fell asleep on the couch. I made her breakfast and coffee. I got her in a pretty good mood, when she got up she saw the duct and gave me a face. So far seems to be good though. No "take it away from here" just yet. Only time will Tell. I need a kiss ass emoji.

IMAG26414.jpg

Went to this pretty awesome dispensery by my house to pick up a clone. They had some great looking flower but ended up with some shatter. The clones they had looked amazing!

Screenshot_2017-04-09-12-33-17.png

Chernobyl golden ticket. MY FIRST SATIVA!!!!! VERY EXCITED!!
IMAG26433.jpg
IMAG26452.jpg
IMAG26442.jpg

More to come. I'm cleanesing my buckets and will put this in with maxibloom water. It's at 200ppm and ph is at 5. It will go up. The one in the small coco will go into the closet to recoup. I'll bump up nute strength soon. Hope this works. I may need to put a T on the airline with a flow control. I'll have the Dewey and an airline bubbling the water in each bucket. Not sure if it's needed just yet though as the original aero girls have gone through hell. I will cross this Chernobyl golden ticket with the gsc xtrm pollen

Hey Mr. A! :passitleft: I have something exciting to share!

Hey tk! They were probably an older bottle. I'm sure they get more turnover for the larger bottles as they cater to more commercial grows. AN has a money back guarantee, I should have got cash but I'm not complaining. Very happy with what I got instead!

Hey yeah I appreciate that. I gave you +reps for the heads up. I have ph drops so ill compare the two periodically as well. I'll get blue labs when the warranty expires and it craps out on me. How did you make sure it was off?

It's so funny we went out of town last night and came back early. I started working when we got home but my wife fell asleep on the couch. I made her breakfast and coffee. I got her in a pretty good mood, when she got up she saw the duct and gave me a face. So far seems to be good though. No "take it away from here" just yet. Only time will Tell. I need a kiss ass emoji.

IMAG26414.jpg

Went to this pretty awesome dispensery by my house to pick up a clone. They had some great looking flower but ended up with some shatter. The clones they had looked amazing!

Screenshot_2017-04-09-12-33-17.png

Chernobyl golden ticket. MY FIRST SATIVA!!!!! VERY EXCITED!!
IMAG26433.jpg
IMAG26452.jpg
IMAG26442.jpg

More to come. I'm cleanesing my buckets and will put this in with maxibloom water. It's at 200ppm and ph is at 5. It will go up. The one in the small coco will go into the closet to recoup. I'll bump up nute strength soon. Hope this works. I may need to put a T on the airline with a flow control. I'll have the Dewey and an airline bubbling the water in each bucket. Not sure if it's needed just yet though as the original aero girls have gone through hell. I will cross this Chernobyl golden ticket with the gsc xtrm pollen

Ahh I see, yeah that would make sense that a couple of bottles sit around for far to long in the hydro shops from time to time. That's great they offer that service, so they should for the price lol.

Ahh cheers pal, just didn't want you to run into same problem I had. I was getting a magnesium deficiency showing In the plants. I was convinced my PH pen was fine because it was saying it was calibrated correctly In the solutions, it was Fanleaf that helped me think it must be the pen. I took it back to the shop and they checked against another and found it was wrong. I had an old ETI one a pal gave me which I took with me and they said that one was working fine so I kept it as a back up against my HM Digital one and every couple of weeks I would use both and compare. After about 5 months I noticed the same problem it was off by .3/.5 EC. Just strange they show correctly in PH buffer but not my reservoir or tap water. So I took it back again and they gave me a replacement but I just don't trust it now, I keep it as an emergency one lol. The blue lab ones are supposed to be great but quite expensive. Cultivator said to get the essentials PH pen, he said he's been through loads and it lasts the best. I picked it up on ebay or Amazon for £35 I believe instead of £50 from a shop.

Haha nice, I like your style. I like how you buttered her up a bit before she managed to see it lol. It's a good idea tho I think it really does boost the CO2 and for free too!

Ahh wow that sounds amazing, wish I had dispensary I could just pop down the road too pick up some shatter and a clone lol, so amazing. I've heard of that strain before, I've heard very good things as well. I'll looking forward to seeing how that turns out for sure.

That'll be an interesting cross to see.

I hope so! It would be nice to have a more uppy gsc high but I'll try to reveg the Chernobyl and take clones

Ahh I see, yeah that would make sense that a couple of bottles sit around for far to long in the hydro shops from time to time. That's great they offer that service, so they should for the price lol.

Ahh cheers pal, just didn't want you to run into same problem I had. I was getting a magnesium deficiency showing In the plants. I was convinced my PH pen was fine because it was saying it was calibrated correctly In the solutions, it was Fanleaf that helped me think it must be the pen. I took it back to the shop and they checked against another and found it was wrong. I had an old ETI one a pal gave me which I took with me and they said that one was working fine so I kept it as a back up against my HM Digital one and every couple of weeks I would use both and compare. After about 5 months I noticed the same problem it was off by .3/.5 EC. Just strange they show correctly in PH buffer but not my reservoir or tap water. So I took it back again and they gave me a replacement but I just don't trust it now, I keep it as an emergency one lol. The blue lab ones are supposed to be great but quite expensive. Cultivator said to get the essentials PH pen, he said he's been through loads and it lasts the best. I picked it up on ebay or Amazon for £35 I believe instead of £50 from a shop.

Haha nice, I like your style. I like how you buttered her up a bit before she managed to see it lol. It's a good idea tho I think it really does boost the CO2 and for free too!

Ahh wow that sounds amazing, wish I had dispensary I could just pop down the road too pick up some shatter and a clone lol, so amazing. I've heard of that strain before, I've heard very good things as well. I'll looking forward to seeing how that turns out for sure.

Definitely expensive! I'm trying out maxibloom. It was cheap and the bag should last.

Hey man I checked out that ph pen but looks like I can't get it in the states. What a shame, but that's ok. I'll find something else. It failed even though you kept the storage solution in the cap? Horrible!

Yeah I'm really lucky. She really encourages me and give me the space I need. I should butter her up more often just because.

It was a 20min drive but was very convenient! Big clone!

I've never tried it but read some great things... I really hope it turns out well!! Can't wait for my first home grown sativa buds.

I hope so! It would be nice to have a more uppy gsc high but I'll try to reveg the Chernobyl and take clones

Definitely expensive! I'm trying out maxibloom. It was cheap and the bag should last.

Hey man I checked out that ph pen but looks like I can't get it in the states. What a shame, but that's ok. I'll find something else. It failed even though you kept the storage solution in the cap? Horrible!

Yeah I'm really lucky. She really encourages me and give me the space I need. I should butter her up more often just because.

It was a 20min drive but was very convenient! Big clone!

I've never tried it but read some great things... I really hope it turns out well!! Can't wait for my first home grown sativa buds.[/QUOTE

They're indeed. Although I have the blue lab truncheon to measure my EC and that has been fantastic. Not a single problem. Works great as a mixing stick for your nutrients too, haha .!

Ahh well you know what, that's an easy fix to get around, if you decide you want one next time you upgrade I'll order one to me and pop it in the post for you pal, wouldn't be a problem, Cultivator really recommended this one ;). Yeah mate I kept it topped up with storage solution most of the time. Tell me about it, horrible indeed and as a newbie I was convinced it was fine. Fan leaf really saved my bacon with his experience there, I'd have never though it was the pen.

Sounds like you got yourself a real keeper there pal, you should definitely butter her up more often.

Ahh man I'm so jealous, I'd drive hours for that luxury haha. It looks like a great clone, how much did you have to pay for a clone if you don't mind me asking? I hope it turns out well. Heard lots about this strain BF.

Ill do Zamaldelica later this summer, 100% sativa. Zamal is a landrace from Reunion island and delica is malawi x highland thai. That would be cool to cross with your GSC xtrm.

They're indeed. Although I have the blue lab truncheon to measure my EC and that has been fantastic. Not a single problem. Works great as a mixing stick for your nutrients too, haha .!

Ahh well you know what, that's an easy fix to get around, if you decide you want one next time you upgrade I'll order one to me and pop it in the post for you pal, wouldn't be a problem, Cultivator really recommended this one ;). Yeah mate I kept it topped up with storage solution most of the time. Tell me about it, horrible indeed and as a newbie I was convinced it was fine. Fan leaf really saved my bacon with his experience there, I'd have never though it was the pen.

Sounds like you got yourself a real keeper there pal, you should definitely butter her up more often.

Ahh man I'm so jealous, I'd drive hours for that luxury haha. It looks like a great clone, how much did you have to pay for a clone if you don't mind me asking? I hope it turns out well. Heard lots about this strain BF.

I've seen that but don't really understand ec. I have a ppm pen I got for free with a zero water filter but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I like that blue labs thing but ec is so confusing and one ec can be equal certain ppm on one pen and a different ppm on another. Please educate me tk because I think I should get a better way of checking ppm. Its all so confusing! I normally just go by what the bottle recommends and cut it down to 1/4 and go up as needed.

Hey man tk I appreciate that! I will definitely take you up on the offer when this one poops out on me or I have the extra funds and I'll also get that manifold. Thank you so much. Yeah man fanleaf made a sweet catch!

Oh man this clone is a keeper then, I can't wait to try her buds. I'm going try to either clone it during flower of reveg. It's funny there was a closer place called cloneville I normally go to but they were closed today. Good quality too but not huge clones like these. This clone was $15 but they offer discounts for bulk order.

Do you have any good links for understanding ec and ppm for growing. Ppm is pretty easy for me I have no clue how ec relates to feeds.

Ill do Zamaldelica later this summer, 100% sativa. Zamal is a landrace from Reunion island and delica is malawi x highland thai. That would be cool to cross with your GSC xtrm.

Oh man I can just imagine the possibilities! I'll probably hermie a Chernobyl clone and backcross the gsc xtrm X Chernobyl for a more sativa high. I'd also want pure Chernobyl and pure gsc xtrm. So many options!! I remember doing gene stuff in middle school science. Like phenotypes of plants and stuff. I had no interest but here I am all these years later and it's pure excitement!

IMAG26462.jpg
IMAG2647.jpg
IMAG26483.jpg
IMAG26491.jpg
IMAG26501.jpg
IMAG2651.jpg
IMAG26562.jpg
IMAG26573.jpg

Here is the Chernobyl in a clean bucket. It didn't fit so I made it! Chernobyl and the aero cloner are now one! I'll have to remove the lid with Chernobyl on It for rez changes. I added some coco because it has some open space. The net cup with Chernobyl will not be pulled out of the lid until harvest. Gave a light mix of maxibloom ph to 5 and it's climbing slowly. Only one panel on again! This time when Chernobyl is ready I will flower! Looks like the girl in the box might throw some balls! Very early still though.

IMAG26541.jpg
IMAG26521.jpg

Here is the other aero girl, gsc. Roots look nice and hairy and she was given a peroxide bath. Hard to tell but the roots look a lot nicer. She was pretty perky and seems to put more growth.

The box girls roots are continuing to grow but she is stunted and small from the sts. She looks like she is starting to either flower or give balls. Exciting stuff to come.

IMAG26591.jpg

All 4 fans are suspended in the air now. Two high over the lights two low over the canopy. Air flow seems even better then before.

IMAG26552.jpg
IMAG26531.jpg

Here is the AACT straining. Gave them all some aact mixed with more BSM and great white. Some of the plants look like they got N deficiency a little but then started to burn a tad. Can't wait to start flower. I've been giving them flowering stuff thinking I'm going to switch any day but it's been weeks. Anyways. Any day now will be flip.

Do you have any good links for understanding ec and ppm for growing. Ppm is pretty easy for me I have no clue how ec relates to feeds.

EZ EC 101:
North American Standard EC: Each .1 is = 70ppm
i.e. 1.2ec = 840ppm

European Standard EC: Each .1 = 50ppm
i.e. 1.2ec = 600ppm

The higher the ec, the stronger the food.

EZ EC 101:
North American Standard EC: Each .1 is = 70ppm
i.e. 1.2ec = 840ppm

European Standard EC: Each .1 = 50ppm
i.e. 1.2ec = 600ppm

The higher the ec, the stronger the food.

Hey man! That's a big help plus reps. Now I just have to find a European version. I live in America but who the fuck counts by 70?!?!? God we are so ass backwards here. I'll be looking around for that asap. Saving that chart for the future!

Welcome to my thread and to :420:!

Im hoping for balls. .

Me too PW, I'm really looking forward to it. It's too early to tell but they look like funky buds starting to develop. Like a mix between a few pods and a bud. Looks like I'm right on track though. I'll have to flower soon!

Hey man! That's a big help plus reps. Now I just have to find a European version. I live in America but who the fuck counts by 70?!?!? God we are so ass backwards here. I'll be looking around for that asap. Saving that chart for the future!

Welcome to my thread and to :420:!

Thanks! .

Ah, you get used to the "70 count" thing. Seriously.
.8ec (560ppm) is about as low as you normally get, so
.9/630 to 1.7/1190 (max) is really the whole spectrum.
And really, once you've measured your nutrients in schedule a few times you'll know what the ec is naturally without measuring anyway. Assuming you use a consistent nutrient regimen, that is.
Here's a pin up, for your flower tent .
420-magazine-mobile519056828.jpg

No problem at all BF, I'll do my best to educate you, I'll find you a link to have a read of too.

I believe all meters actually work by measuring in EC and then they convert the final number to PPM in either x50 or x70 depending on the meter and your location around the world. I don't get why there is two different measurements for PPM though, it's crazy and just makes things more confusing. It was a little confusing at first BF but didn't take long to understand and get the hang of.

EC stands for electrical conductivity and is a measurement of how strong or weak your nutrient solution is. It measures the conductivity of the water by passing an electrical charge between two electrodes. Pure water will not conduct electricity so the more dissolved minerals we add to the solution the higher the conductivity and the higher the reading will be.

I really recommend getting one for measuring your EC or PPM, it really lets you know what your feeding your ladies and let's you get dialed in. I don't go by feeding schedule on the back of the bottles I only go by readings from my meter. The Blue Lab Truncheon actually gives you a reading for all 4 conversions, it makes life very simple so you don't have to actually worry about the different conversions in PPM. (It measures CF, EC, PPM x 50 and PPM x 70)

Here's a couple of pictures of my meter, it shows you all measurements in one place with a flashing LED light in between the measurements on each side.
420-magazine-mobile589005799.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1317928133.jpg
420-magazine-mobile191800438.jpg

Here is a couple of links which explain everything probably better than I have.

Understanding EC, TDS and PPM

Nutrient Strength: EC, PPMs and TDS Explained | Just For Growers

Hope this helps you understand EC a bit better BF!

No worries at all pal, you just let me know when and where and we can get the stuff sorted out and posted out to you no hassle at all. Don't mention it, glad to help.

That's awesome you can just go pick up clones, even better they do a discount offer for bulk orders. Yeah I think you've got a keeper there mate, really have heard great things, an awesome name too. Looking really good In her new home also.

Looking good. I see you got plenty to play with.

Haha, man Canada is gonna legalize next year, should I go looking for a job? I can got to know folks from the mag, what an idea.

Just passing by and I like it here, keep it up! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

They do look different when they reverse sex, not exactly like a male but similar.

It's looking more and more every day. I tried to get a pic but my phone sucks. This sts is the best. When I did it before I did it after flip but before flowers showed. I got buds first then balls but they were duds.

Thanks! .

Ah, you get used to the "70 count" thing. Seriously.
.8ec (560ppm) is about as low as you normally get, so
.9/630 to 1.7/1190 (max) is really the whole spectrum.
And really, once you've measured your nutrients in schedule a few times you'll know what the ec is naturally without measuring anyway. Assuming you use a consistent nutrient regimen, that is.
Here's a pin up, for your flower tent .
420-magazine-mobile519056828.jpg

Looking into ec meters! Thank you. It should be a big help in my grow. That picture is funny. Strangely enough it looks very very similar to my coworker who is not a man.

No problem at all BF, I'll do my best to educate you, I'll find you a link to have a read of too.

I believe all meters actually work by measuring in EC and then they convert the final number to PPM in either x50 or x70 depending on the meter and your location around the world. I don't get why there is two different measurements for PPM though, it's crazy and just makes things more confusing. It was a little confusing at first BF but didn't take long to understand and get the hang of.

EC stands for electrical conductivity and is a measurement of how strong or weak your nutrient solution is. It measures the conductivity of the water by passing an electrical charge between two electrodes. Pure water will not conduct electricity so the more dissolved minerals we add to the solution the higher the conductivity and the higher the reading will be.

I really recommend getting one for measuring your EC or PPM, it really lets you know what your feeding your ladies and let's you get dialed in. I don't go by feeding schedule on the back of the bottles I only go by readings from my meter. The Blue Lab Truncheon actually gives you a reading for all 4 conversions, it makes life very simple so you don't have to actually worry about the different conversions in PPM. (It measures CF, EC, PPM x 50 and PPM x 70)

Here's a couple of pictures of my meter, it shows you all measurements in one place with a flashing LED light in between the measurements on each side.

Here is a couple of links which explain everything probably better than I have.

Hope this helps you understand EC a bit better BF!

No worries at all pal, you just let me know when and where and we can get the stuff sorted out and posted out to you no hassle at all. Don't mention it, glad to help.

That's awesome you can just go pick up clones, even better they do a discount offer for bulk orders. Yeah I think you've got a keeper there mate, really have heard great things, an awesome name too. Looking really good In her new home also.

Hey tk thanks man that was a load of info! The post and links help a lot! The bluelabs truncheon looks great! It's definitely on the list. I see the EC is more accurate over ppm. I wish I could pick one up now but can't. Until I can get a meter I will continue to use the free ppm meter as an extremely rough estimate and the recommended dose for the lucus formula. I think it maxes at 7grams. as well as ph and what the plants look like. The way I use ph is the more nutes I use the further the ph goes down. With the light dose I'm feeding, I can imagine having to use ph up at full dose but very little if any. These nutrients seem to stay pretty close to the plants happy ph spot so If I need a lot of down or up I know something is off. It would make life so much easier though even for dosing my dry fertilizer in the loc.

It's not perfect but we are very lucky here, I hope the rest of the world catches up soon! Oh man I can't wait to try her buds. I'm going to take a branch even if it's flowering and clone it in coco since my aero are in use.

Looking good. I see you got plenty to play with.

Haha, man Canada is gonna legalize next year, should I go looking for a job? I can got to know folks from the mag, what an idea.

Just passing by and I like it here, keep it up! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Hey T hope all is well! Thank you very much! Part of me wants out of California but Canada maybe too cold. Lol. Glad your enjoying the show. Hopefully buds in the not too distant future!

So I checked the ph and it was good but the water level looked a little low so topped off the dwc and aero girls. The gsc in aero is leaning over, she wants that light so badly! She is sitting under and off panel. I hope to turn it on soon. Maybe tomorrow before lights off. The dwc hermie is looking great. It's budding/ balling.

I'm also going to upgrade the vortex brewer and I'll make sure to post pictures.

So my wife wants to go out of town for in the end of May sometime. She wants to go for a week and that poses a big problem especially for the aero plants. I came to the conclusion that I need to build a remote reservoir, I'll put the aero buckets a little higher off the ground then they are now. I'll have a small fountain pump from a tote pump into the tent and into the aero buckets. The inlet will be high up and then an outlet somewhere in the middle of the Dewey. I'll put the pump on a timer. My thinking is having a big rez with lots of nutes and air stone will help keep the water stable. When the timer comes on the pump with push water and it will water fall into the bucket fill up to the lower drain hole and continue for a few seconds for a good flush. I just Wont be able to add z7 every 2-3 days but I hope this will work. I'll have to start it soon.

I've never done recirc! So I have some reading to do. I'm not sure what size tote or even if my fountain pump will be strong enough. We will find out, I'll put it together little by little! I'll have to figure out the perfect elevation to for the buckets. Don't want them too high but draining is important.

I'll also have to make a watering table. Was thinking of making some kinda frame out of metal with legs and weaving wire so the plants have something sturdy to sit on. Having a low height tote or something under to collect the water.

Lol stoner ingenuity is a great thing. Ideally I'd like to figure out a way to have the LOC plants elevated slightly and have the water routed out of the tent. I'm thinking... That watering table and maybe some rain gutter or something under. I would try to connect some drip line or something to the opening in the rain gutter and try to get it to drain off in the shower. I'm not too sure how this will work though.

Back
Top Bottom