Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

day 2 bloom

IMG_4349_Medium.JPG

that didn't take long

I'm lovin' VK ;)

I must say, SS you really run a very nice, clean set-up! And the plants clearly love it, as they all look amazingly shiny and healthy. Can't wait to see the ladies in flower.

Now if I can just find the plans to that Delorean-based time machine and go forward 10 weeks, that would be perfect......

You think you're growing fems.
You KNOW you're flowering fems. Then...
The hair pair! Yes.
Horticulture can be so...so earthy.
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

all they wanna do is procreate.

I always feel a little melancholy for sinsemilla ladies. Poor things, all dressed up and nowhere to go, waiting for their knight who never comes. All sticky with frustration and desperation, their lives over, unfulfilled.

We pamper them and make promises, then pervert nature and deceive them, and they still give us their all. I won't chop without giving each of them a moment of reflection and gratitude.

Absolutely delightful. Go! Ladies! Go!

I didn't expect to see any hairs at 2 days into 12/12, but I sure was delighted ;).

I must say, SS you really run a very nice, clean set-up! And the plants clearly love it, as they all look amazingly shiny and healthy. Can't wait to see the ladies in flower.

Now if I can just find the plans to that Delorean-based time machine and go forward 10 weeks, that would be perfect......

thanks sweetherb!

I hear you bro ;)

Good Comparison Test, Your Plants Are Picture Of Healthy, Awesome Job.

Can't Wait For This To Play Out..

We're gettin' hammered.

One storm after another with high winds.

The utilities here are always sketchy in storms and we had a power outage yesterday for most of the day.

Power is back on, but my Internet access isn't very consistent, so I wanted to just post this to let everyone know why I haven't updated with pics.

As we thank the Canna Gods that we decided on soil and not hydro for the comparison grow ;)

looking good my man, finally flower is upon us!
This is where it becomes interesting. . .
just sitting on my stash, it'll be a while before i start up again, for now, your pics will do me.

cheers mate. . .

oh yeah, about the storms, damn weather canceled my flight home from Frisco a couple days ago. fog makes them go to one runway??? pretty dumb imo for an airport that probably sees a lot of fog. oh well, an extra day on the left side wasn't much of a burden except on my wallet. too bad i didnt have any doo dah to pass the time, but it was a blast anyways.

keep up the good work bro, I'm enjoying the grosho.

Do you leave the LED panels on when taking photos?
Or do you have different temperature CFLs in the tents?

As we thank the Canna Gods that we decided on soil and not hydro for the comparison grow ;)

That's not why I suggested soil, in fact, I hadn't even thought of the possibility of losing power in a winter storm, so amen brother.

Because the power is so unreliable here during storms, I always think about getting a generator, but then I just ride it out till the next time I think about it ;).

Anyone know if you can run LED panels off a gen without letting the smoke out? ;).

I will be very interested to see yields potency and how fast or slow they grow under the led lights I want them to grow big fat kolas if that happens ill go led all the way

Anyone know if you can run LED panels off a gen without letting the smoke out? ;).

WalMart has a power supply in their camping department. Don't know the specs. (Cost around $80.00)

You could probably use a back-up power source for a computer if it was just for a few hours. Otherwise, consider deep cycle batteries and an inverter.

This is one of the reasons that I looked at LEDs to begin with.

:goodjob:

Do you leave the LED panels on when taking photos?
Or do you have different temperature CFLs in the tents?

No light other than the LED panels from HydroGrowLED and Haight Solid State have crossed or will cross the threshold of either of those tents for the duration of this comparison.

All of the pics taken inside the tents have been with LED light only. The pics taken outside the tents have been with CFL light, and I'm going to continue to do my "outside" pics with CFL lighting.

I recently began to use a custom white balance setting for each tent that improves the quality of the pics significantly. They look much more natural and sort of like CFL, but if you look under the leaves you'll see LED shadows.

Since I can now take pretty good pics with the plants inside the tents, I'm going to be doing more of that, but no matter how good I get them to look, it's all LED inside those tents. There aren't any other lights pointing at the plants when they are inside the tents, not even for photography.

Yes, it's hidden away in fine print on their website, but they admit that Tiger Bloom and some of their other nutes are not organic.

Outside of the somewhat deceptive marketing, it doesn't bother me that some of their nutes aren't organic.

Yeah, Big Bloom is the only nute I buy in the gallon size.

I'm just going to ignore what's on the bottle and stick with the full schedule.

thanks bro!
Plants are healthy, SS, If I was you, i'd put them right onto the full strength schedule. I press that schedule to the limits. I use full strength and i use every watering. I use 50 per cent perlite, just so i can fertilize twice a week, when they start sucking it up. The only additive i've tryed is the chi chang and I did'nt see that much difference in production. I've had good luck with the grow big, tiger bloom and big bloom. I don't think you could overdose a plant with big bloom, even if you put a pint in a gal of water, but i think it would be a waste. I've been seeing other members get similar results with cheaper ferts.. I for one think FF ferts are good, Never had a problem, so I can't complain. I think over priced, but since it's the only product i've ever used, i keep buying it. I can't help thinking i'm getting the shaft though, as big bloom looks sorta like liquid cow shit. Can't wait to see them buds !! :popcorn::surf::roorrip:

looking good my man, finally flower is upon us!
This is where it becomes interesting. . .
just sitting on my stash, it'll be a while before i start up again, for now, your pics will do me.

cheers mate. . .

oh yeah, about the storms, damn weather canceled my flight home from Frisco a couple days ago. fog makes them go to one runway??? pretty dumb imo for an airport that probably sees a lot of fog. oh well, an extra day on the left side wasn't much of a burden except on my wallet. too bad i didnt have any doo dah to pass the time, but it was a blast anyways.

keep up the good work bro, I'm enjoying the grosho.

Wheelo!, welcome back man!

Not glad you got stuck, but glad you didn't come a few days later, that would have sucked. We're still in the middle of a storm right now with more on the way.

On the runway thing, the left side is not about logic ;).

Glad you enjoyed your trip and got back safe bro.

thanks for checkin' it out ;).

SS, just wondering, are there hairs showing on more than one plant? If not, which light is the plant under that's already showing her sex? 2 1/2 days to start showing is crazy...but obviously it happened. I'm going to be doing some looking around here and there to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience with the VK.

Can't praise you enough for the effort you're putting in.

I'll continue watching...

I didn't check every single plant, but plants under both lights are showing. Not real easy to see yet though. The plant in the pic is an HGL plant, but HSS plants have hairs also.

Some of this "early" showing may be due to my vigilance.

I'm pretty observant, and think I may notice things a bit sooner than average.

pics tonite!

thanks brother!

Back
Top Bottom