Haight Solid State LED Grow Journal

They get pretty close, maybe 4 or 5 inches. They said it was a good idea to be close during flowering

Only reason I asked was because I don't see the lights in the pictures.

I've noticed that if you get our lights closer than 6" (say 3" - 5") from the plants during the first part of bloom, the intensity causes bleaching of the uppermost leaves. If you use them closer than 6" after week 4-5 in bloom, this effect no longer happens.

I'm surprised that you use the Haight units so close the the plants though, with how far the LED's are spaced from each other on that board. Wouldn't you technically need more space to have a good mix of the colors from each LED? Cause from the looks of it on their website, there are only 2 blues on the entire panel, one on each end of the unit. At 3-4", how does that light spread all the way to the middle of that 20" panel?

Lastly, how tall are your current plants? How is the penetration on the light? Can you take some photos like the ones you just did, but with an object (lighter, nutrient bottle, etc...) next to the buds for size reference? Also, can you take a photo showing the lower most buds on the plant, so we can see the penetrative ability of these lights? It's always good to use something of relative size in a photo, so that we can all see a valid representation of your grow ;) Quality looks nice though.

The LEDs are wide angle, the different colors are blended even close to the light. I haven't seen any bleaching. I took some pictures of the lower buds earlier, look back in the beginning of the thread. The reflective mylar I have on the walls makes sure no light "gets away", and even with the cabinet very crowded the lower parts of the plant still get some light.

A lot of what I have to do is "tune" each variety, so I try to veg them just long enough that they finish just a few inches from the light. The Grapefruit on the lower shelf ends up very short, 18 to 20 inches but I try to be 25 to 30 inches on the top.

My LED Project is weak. At 12 weeks the fox farm cycle for feeding is over. The 90w light isnt giving me fat buds. Any suggestions?

Try looking here: Highly Impressive LED Bloom

It will show you what my friend did with our 126W lights. They are more than capable of producing nice fat buds, and heavy plants as they were designed specifically for marijuana. SFHaze is showing you what Haight's lights do currently.

This weeks update
10/16/09

Grapefruit week 6
gf12.jpg

Blue Cheese week 7
bch11.jpg

One week to go

I think you just displayed my daily dosage lol. Buds look nice and sticky though. Hope they get bigger for you before they're done! Cause if you're anything like me, you'll need a lot more smoke than that to keep you happy till your next harvest ;)

A little of this goes a long way Hydrogrow dude......

As a medical patient of 4 years, and someone who grows 20%+ THC strains, I can see the potency of your plant and tell that it is great quality. That doesn't mean I'd smoke any less lol. I have ICE (22%), AK47, Maui, Purple Arrow, and Sensi Star that all produce equal or more crystalline bud. I still smoke close to an 1/8th a day out of my digital volcano. Yep, an ounce per week, QP per month, just for me. And that's actually a low estimate ;)

But hey, if you only smoke .5g per day, you're right, it should take you a while to smoke it all. :peace: (I just think I smoke a bit more than some)

I think it's called the calix, the part of the flower where the seed would form if allowed to pollinate. Wait until that part is all fat, it's the part you smoke, and tastes better once it's ripe. Easy to see without a microscope.

You can pick up a pocket microscope for aroun $10 at Radio Shack. If you've got one, check for the trichome cloudiness

when-to-harvest1.jpg

Here's a photo sequence of the end of life cycle if you need to make your decision by looking at the calyx and stigma alone

When_To_Harvest.jpg

This weeks update
10/16/09

Grapefruit week 6
gf12.jpg

Blue Cheese week 7
bch11.jpg

One week to go

Hi, the buds look like they are really top quality. I am in the process of building my new flower room and will be using around 1200w of LED's. Currently its a toss up between the Haight Solid State LEDs and Hydro-Grow-LED's. It is hard to tell how big your buds are in your pictures. Could you hold up a lighter to them so I can get a better idea.

Thanks

You can pick up a pocket microscope for aroun $10 at Radio Shack. If you've got one, check for the trichome cloudiness

when-to-harvest1.jpg

Here's a photo sequence of the end of life cycle if you need to make your decision by looking at the calyx and stigma alone

When_To_Harvest.jpg

Good stuff to know. I'll keep this around.
Thanks Soniq420

Back
Top Bottom