Haight Solid State LED Grow Lights

1 LED grow plants yes
2 LED have less heat yes
3 LED cost less to run yes
4 LED more effective in veg then MH or HPS NO
5 LED out perform in bloom MH or HPS NO
Its like saying you want to take a hybrid to drag race
ye you will get the the end of the track but it will take you alot longer
sorry but the results are not there yet.In time they will get it.

While I tend to agree with you, I wonder how #s 4 & 5 would be if the LED setup had exactly the same amount of watts as the HID one. Sure a 600 or 1000 watt HPS will flower better than (say) a ~110-watt LED. But better than a 600- or 1000-watt LED fixture with a broad mix of wavelengths?

Would cost a LOT but the monthly electrical usage would be the same (depending on ballast losses and the like). Although the LED might still cost less total due to less a/c required (but a 600/1k watt fixture is still going to produce some heat no matter what its efficiency rating is).

Here is a plant for you pulled 4.5 oz dry from it was in POM had to pull it when pit went on grow support
WW213 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
an that pic was 2 weeks from harvest
1 LED grow plants yes
2 LED have less heat yes
3 LED cost less to run yes
4 LED more effective in veg then MH or HPS NO
5 LED out perform in bloom MH or HPS NO
Its like saying you want to take a hybrid to drag race
ye you will get the the end of the track but it will take you alot longer
sorry but the results are not there yet.In time they will get it.

You left out ease of use. HPS would not fit in my cabinet, and even if it did it would melt. Also, you can't lump all LEDs into the same basket - these work well.

I claim that if you just want to grow a few ounces per month and not pay any large bills that these LED lights are the way to go. You might not win plant of the year, but even a novice can set them up and get a decent yield. It doesn't need a lot of space - it can be done in any apartment.

TS....I still dont think a LED is for new growers.It maybe in time, just not at this time.

Just try to imagine your sister or mother trying to set something up in a closet in a 100 year old building in San Francisco with no ac and wiring from who know's when. It's so much easier and worry free with LEDs - but I can see I'm not going to convince everybody.

TS... I see what your saying,they just need to be refined a few more years and we all may have them.Or they may go into another direction. some tech. will hit dead ends and will take years before they get over the hump.I just dont have that time to waste.Time is money fact of life.This is a passion for me not a hobby.As i said in this thread. The reason i came was this post was linked to new grower, asking about what light to buy.I still dont think a LED is for new growers.It maybe in time, just not at this time.

Yeah, I'd like something in a thin liquid film sandwiched array that I can unroll and stick a sheet of wherever I'd like. Something that's transparent when powered off and with an adjustable color temperature curve.

I guess it won't exactly be in a store near you this year.

3mm thick 11" Sony OLED (organic LED) went on sale a couple years ago in Japan:

3mm-thick Sony OLED screen: TV takes another giant leap forward

Here's a link to a flexible video display...limited color and resolution but it's a start (from 2006) [edit: nm...it posted the video, whatever works]:

YouTube - Flexible TV Screen - FOLED

But I say forget all these grow lights...WHEN are we going to build a replicator like they had on Star Trek? Just get your best buds and toss an ounce in, replicate it 16 times, and BAM! You got a pound of your best bud :grinjoint:

There not even showing the real stuff they have yet. Tech.on the market is years behind what they have designed.look at PC you buy it 2 month its out dated

Roughly...mine's about eight months old and my processor cost still hasn't gone down. Video card is still close to top-of-the-line (was second best at the time). Really depends what you purchase but I know what you mean. The stuff I posted above is a good example though as that was 2-3 years ago and it's still really not in the mainstream market...at least nowhere that I've shopped online or in person.

Then there's the secret technologies that the government/military is working on...they're probably growing Redwood trees with some fancy bioluminescent nanorobots that have highly advanced AI so they know exactly where to go and what wavelength to produce. :D Or maybe they have already built that replicator and are planning to smoke out the entire country causing wide-spread submission?

Hey sfhaze.... How is the LED grow coming along? I would love to see some new pics, or maybe even a journal! I havent found a journal on this website yet that has used LED's all the way thru. I would love to see one, and I think everyone else would as well! Keep us posted!!

Okay, I'll start a log on the top shelf activity, the bottom shelf is all grapefruit and kind of boring to watch.

Here is this weeks update.

I have 3 pictures:

First, the cabinet - There are 4 plants, going left to right
purple wreck
mazar (4 weeks into flower)
purple wreck - harvest today
blue cheese

cab_top.jpg

Here is a close up of the buds on the bottom of the purple wreck being harvested today. What's cool is that even 3 feet down from the light and in the shade, there are still some good buds.

bud120.jpg

This last shot is of two mazar sisters. On the left is the plant from the cabinet - 4 weeks into flower. She is 22 inches tall. On the right is her sister still in veg - she is 16. The one in flower is shorter then I like, so I'm planning to veg the sister out a little longer. By next week she should be in the cabinet.

msazar_sisters.jpg

Can someone help make the pictures live? I can do the link but not sure how to make it live.

peace

Can someone help make the pictures live? I can do the link but not sure how to make it live.

The link in my signature explains it, but basically, once you have the pictures uploaded to the gallery here they can be inserted into your post. While creating your message, simply click on the Insert Image icon and past your image link into the box. (That's how I added the to this one lol.)

Hope this helps!

Okay, I'll start a log on the top shelf activity, the bottom shelf is all grapefruit and kind of boring to watch.

I have 3 pictures:

First, the cabinet - There are 4 plants, going left to right
purple wreck
mazar (4 weeks into flower)
purple wreck - harvest today
blue cheese

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/cab_top.jpg

Here is a close up of the buds on the bottom of the purple wreck being harvested today. What's cool is that even 3 feet down from the light and in the shade, there are still some good buds.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/bud120.jpg

This last shot is of two mazar sisters. On the left is the plant from the cabinet - 4 weeks into flower. She is 22 inches tall. On the right is her sister still in veg - she is 16. The one in flower is shorter then I like, so I'm planning to veg the sister out a little longer. By next week she should be in the cabinet.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/msazar_sisters.jpg

peace

Insert [ img] in front of the link and [/img ] in the rear of the link...

Hey, I have a couple of pics for this week's update:

First is the cabinet with 4 plants
purple wreck
mazar (5 weeks into flower)
blue cheese
mazar 1 day into flower

cab6.jpg

The second is the two mazar sisters out of the cabinet so you can see them.

maz_s.jpg

On the left is the mazar we will follow all the way through, she was 18 inches tall when started to flower on 7/2/09. I don't know exactly how long she took to veg but she was cut from the mother on 4/26/09 so it took about 9 weeks to root and veg. Veg was done with a Haight Solid State PPF-400. You can see she is growing fine.

I have a New York city Diesel in veg to replace the older mazar sister in a few weeks.

I'm impressed man. Honestly. Those are some healthy looking plants. Those LED lights have produced a nice, compact plant. Can you get some close-up shots of the buds? I am looking forward to the final weigh-in. You wont win any awards for biggest yield, but you are the first one to do an LED grow from start to finish. What are your temperatures like in that cab? I'm tuned in to this one. About how long until harvest? Keep up the good work haze!

Nice plants!

I'm planning an LED grow down the line. I have two 55 watt panels now and I'm waiting on good deals to get two more. I think it would be very interesting to see how 230 watts of LED does versus my current 250 watt HPS/MH.

+rep if I can:nicethread:

regards,

SS

The first shot is of 3 plants, left to right.
Mazar 1 week into flower and now 21 inches tall
Mazar 7 weeks into flower
NYC Diesel cut from mother plant on 5/18/09 and now 15 inches tall

sisterplus.jpg

The older mazar is getting flushed today, she will likely be harvested towards the end of next week. The Diesel wil then take her place in the flowering cabinet.

The second pic is a close up of the older mazar bud.

bud121.jpg

I have a 4 inch fan hooked up to the cabinet and it blows air out through a carbon filter. The lights do give off a little heat and the cabinet is about 6 degrees hotter then the room, up to about 10 degress hotter just above the lower light (which warms the roots on the top shelf). I don't have or need A/C most of the time, the room is about 72 and the plants about 78. Sometimes it gets hotter, but I can usually manage it fine as long as I'm paying attention.

good luck with those panels settin sun, I tried lots of other LED grow lights and these grow a lot better then anything else, most LEDs don't work all that well.

good luck with those panels settin sun, I tried lots of other LED grow lights and these grow a lot better then anything else, most LEDs don't work all that well.

I'm hoping to overcome some of that with 220 sheer watts in a *very* reflective grow tent after I get two more panels, and the coverage from four 12" X 12" panels in my 32" X 32" grow tent is going to be good.

Also, I do my best to not have any "expectations."

It's a lot more fun for me that way. I don't think I'm going to do the same type of grow twice in a row for a very long time.

SS

This looks awesome for a personal closet type grow. I've been looking into the Haight LED's and you seem to be the only one publicly using them, so I'll be following very closely. I'm thinking about running two of the 800's for a 3x5 aeroponic flower room. I'm just still on the fence due to production over my current two 600HPS. Are you vegging your plants for the whole flower cycle from clone? Or do you take clones midway through and then veg them. Just trying to get an idea of your veg growth over time. Thanks for all the info.

I'm also in Cali with outrageous utility bills, so as a prop 215 medical grower, I'd sure like to bring down the price of my medicine, and LED's seem to be the answer. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom