Haight Solid State vs. H.G.LED

Re: 420 Consumer Reports Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

Doubt I'll ever read through all 100 pages but the end results were worth digging through the last 15 pages or so for!

I think the next logical step forward in the lighting technology tree is going to be genetically enhanced lightning bugs (and other bioluminescent lifeforms) that will fly around in your grow tent emitting bright but heatless light and accomplish the same thing as a light mover...also would be biodegradable :D lol

I have a set of bubble bags, but I haven't used them yet. I'm sure they would produce a higher quality hash because of the multiple screens with much finer mesh than a metal "fine" strainer, but I was pleasantly surprised by the buzz from the gumby hash.

I've done several different extraction methods using volatile chemicals I will avoid naming because you can blow your ass up with them if you're not careful. I prefer the gumby method to any of those.

I've also done quite a bit of dry screening and sieving with a sifter box and then pressing the kief with a "pollen" press, but I don't do that with trim because the yield would be low for the amount of labor.

As far as what to do with trim goes, gumby is definite winner for me.

Doubt I'll ever read through all 100 pages but the end results were worth digging through the last 15 pages or so for!

Wouldn't blame you a bit for not wanting to wade through the whole enchilada, but glad you found the results useful ;).

I think the next logical step forward in the lighting technology tree is going to be genetically enhanced lightning bugs (and other bioluminescent lifeforms) that will fly around in your grow tent emitting bright but heatless light and accomplish the same thing as a light mover...also would be biodegradable :D lol

Hmmmmmmmmmm, what would we argue about then?

My bugs crank out more watts with less heat than your bugs? ;)

I have a set of bubble bags, but I haven't used them yet. I'm sure they would produce a higher quality hash because of the multiple screens with much finer mesh than a metal "fine" strainer, but I was pleasantly surprised by the buzz from the gumby hash.

I've done several different extraction methods using volatile chemicals I will avoid naming because you can blow your ass up with them if you're not careful. I prefer the gumby method to any of those.

I've also done quite a bit of dry screening and sieving with a sifter box and then pressing the kief with a "pollen" press, but I don't do that with trim because the yield would be low for the amount of labor.

As far as what to do with trim goes, gumby is definite winner for me.

Man your perspective is soo helpful. Your descriptions and way of thinking is so similar to mine, yet you have far more experience for me to suck up! I've tried all the methods you mentioned except the volatile methods cause others MIGHT blow themselves up - I WOULD blow myself up.

:thanks::bong:

I plan to be following your lead on the gumby hash very soon SS. Great idea!

Cool!

One thing I found is that you don't want to let it dry too much because then it just turns crumbly and won't hold together. You could always rehydrate it with a little water if that happens.

I dried mine on cardboard until it was dry enough to finish the job by squeezing it between paper towels until it was where I wanted it.

It smokes very nicely, but it doesn't really smell like most other hash.

The metal "fine" mesh strainer you use to filter it with is much coarser than a bubble bag setup, so you do get more plant matter along with the trichs. It smells similar to the iso hash I've made in the past, but I like it a lot more.

It's nice and malleable. Doesn't have much taste or expand much, but the effect is strong and lasts really well. Very good pain relief, just like the VK bud.

I've done a lot of different extractions with different solvents using trim and trash to make oils and hash, and this is my new favorite method.

I'm sure I'll refine my technique in future runs, but even this first one was pretty easy and fun.

It's not for the hash conneysewer, but it's a very good thing to do with your trim!

Thanks for the report on your gumby hash SS. I'd prefer to avoid the solvent based methods personally. Sounds like it's a very effective smoke, which doesn't surprise me given the look of your buds. Great job.:nicethread:

I can personally vouch for the Gumby... cheap, easy, and fun!

gumby_2.jpg

hehehehe, there's the little dude!

first Eddie Murphy, and now hash-making............Gumby makes a lot of comebacks, lol

I remember when you posted that, but I don't think you commented on how you liked it.

How did it smoke?

Thanks for the report on your gumby hash SS. I'd prefer to avoid the solvent based methods personally. Sounds like it's a very effective smoke, which doesn't surprise me given the look of your buds. Great job.:nicethread:

Yep, why play with potentially dangerous chemicals if I can make a better product without them?

thanks Mmmmick ;)

yep, and we didn't even wear bicycle helmets or use antibacterial soap ;)

I still do stuff like ride motorcycles and drive cars too fast, but every risk is measured these days, and while I accept the possible consequences of some, blowing myself up making hash isn't one of them, lol

hehehehe, there's the little dude!

first Eddie Murphy, and now hash-making............Gumby makes a lot of comebacks, lol

I remember when you posted that, but I don't think you commented on how you liked it.

How did it smoke?

*GREAT*

It is a strong high... when I feel the need to get blasted, just a bit on top of a bowl, and 3, 2, 1, zooommmm..... ;)

It's been six months, and I've still got half of it left!

yep, and we didn't even wear bicycle helmets or use antibacterial soap ;)

I still do stuff like ride motorcycles and drive cars too fast, but every risk is measured these days, and while I accept the possible consequences of some, blowing myself up making hash isn't one of them, lol

Couldn't agree more. I was considering the metal pipe/coffee filter/butane method, until I was watching the news and saw a report of a couple of guys blowing up a motel room. In view of that, water methods seem much better. Otherwise, butter is a tried and true (and reasonably safe) use for trim.
:roorrip:

Couldn't agree more. I was considering the metal pipe/coffee filter/butane method, until I was watching the news and saw a report of a couple of guys blowing up a motel room. In view of that, water methods seem much better. Otherwise, butter is a tried and true (and reasonably safe) use for trim.
:roorrip:

Ye, after purchasing bubble bags off ebay I will be goin back to my ganja butter. I love the taste and a few cookies a day makes my herb last so much longer. Though after about 3 weeks straight of a few ganja cookies a day I more or less turn into a zombie as I'm sure I'm pretty much a walkin thc cell at that point, so I usually take about a week off before munchin again. But I love me some ganja food! Its such a pleasant taste and delightful herb to cook with.

Back
Top Bottom