Spinnin' Round in Circles

wizewizo

So here we go, the start of round 2 inside the spinner.

My first round I ran a 400w hps and yielded 501g! I had never come close to reaching that high of gpw in a grow and honestly feel I could come close doubling it once I get this dialed in. In the first test I ran 2 strains; Blue Moon Rocks and Green Crack. I ran 6 plants of each and yielded 211g on the Green Cracks and 290g on the BMR's. Needless to say that I'm running more BMR's this round. I have 8 bmr's, 2 gc's, 1 purple kush, and 1 uk cheese this round. Really looking forward to seeing how this pk and cheese I have do in here as they are both a lil'branchy, but I got my twist ties and zip ties ready for action.

But lets get on with some pictures and if there is any questions along the road feel free to ask, please, I love talkin shop...

Here's where all the girls start....
spinnerrd2_002_Large_.JPG

15 rooted clones in 4" rockwool blocks. Who are the lucky 12
spinnerrd2_005_Large_.JPG

My 12 clones in their new home
spinnerrd2_006_Large_.JPG

Lights, Camera, Action!!!!
spinnerrd2_008_Large_.JPG

Re: Spinnin' round in circles....

does that spinner go round and round, or does it go around once and then come back the way it came.

I saw they do that to keep the roots from getting all twisted up.

does that spinner go round and round, or does it go around once and then come back the way it came.

I saw they do that to keep the roots from getting all twisted up.

Each plant spins 360 degrees in one direction, pauses, then spins back 360 degrees the other direction. Same exact motion as a washing machiene, that way the roots dont get shredded in the spinning motion, pretty ingenious. +reps for a good question to start out with

I am so jazzed to see this sucker in action. I've been looking at these. I can't afford one right now - but it sure seems like the best of these automated machines I've seen yet.

Do only the plants rotate, or does the whole turnstile spin?

:nicethread::peace:

I am so jazzed to see this sucker in action. I've been looking at these. I can't afford one right now - but it sure seems like the best of these automated machines I've seen yet.

Do only the plants rotate, or does the whole turnstile spin?

After seeing a bunch of people struggle with the Volksgarden, I would say that you nailed it. The concept is so simple and so basic it was a no brainer once I saw it that it would work. It is indeed a bit pricey but after completing my first run with it I'mma drop the duckets on another one real quick. My goal is to eventually have 4 up and running with in the year and to be able to pull 2.5-3lbs out of each. Last run my heaviest plant weighed at 97g, so if I can pull that x12 then I'll be sittin mega pretty.

Yeah, each plants individually rotates on its on gear. Pretty sick, so each plant is gets hit by the light on all sides. Complete saturation, and the bulb is only about 10" from the center of the 5" net cups that the plants sit in. So they are gettin bumped with light thats for sure!

After seeing a bunch of people struggle with the Volksgarden, I would say that you nailed it. The concept is so simple and so basic it was a no brainer once I saw it that it would work. It is indeed a bit pricey but after completing my first run with it I'mma drop the duckets on another one real quick. My goal is to eventually have 4 up and running with in the year and to be able to pull 2.5-3lbs out of each. Last run my heaviest plant weighed at 97g, so if I can pull that x12 then I'll be sittin mega pretty.

Yeah, each plants individually rotates on its on gear. Pretty sick, so each plant is gets hit by the light on all sides. Complete saturation, and the bulb is only about 10" from the center of the 5" net cups that the plants sit in. So they are gettin bumped with light thats for sure!

Very cool was hoping to see them stacked!!! Will two fit on top of each other in your space?

Each plant spins 360 degrees in one direction, pauses, then spins back 360 degrees the other direction. Same exact motion as a washing machine, that way the roots dont get shredded in the spinning motion, pretty ingenious. +reps for a good question to start out with

oh yeah, doing the +rep happy dance

thank bro, nice way to buy a vote.

Watched your first run mate, so pulling up a chair for this one for sure.
Good luck & keep the pics coming ;-)

Here's a picture of last round right before harvest. As you can see I started bloom too early, well to be honest, it was my first time with a vertical type set up and having the bulb suspended between the plants like it is they dont stretch hardly at all. So gonna be veg'in them up to about 12" this time before flipping them over to 12/12. Last round the tallest plants were only 8" when I flipped them to bloom, so I should hopefully max out my height and hopefully improve my yield by two I'm hoping.

bunchoshit_005_Large_.JPG

Wait, here's a better picture. That picture above was from the first round and they sent me different gears than those ones in the picture were a bit cheaper, these new ones are about 2x as thick, and look a lil'cooler lol... Plus you can see the pinion and that lil magnet inside the red gear is what makes all the magic happen.
001_Large_1.JPG

So gettin back into town now from the Giants game yesterday in which they put a major stompin on the d-backs and thought I'd show you guys what I picked up at the club at Harborside in Oakland.

My first and favorite, I had never tried before was the Amnesia. I had an opp to grab a cutting of this strain a few months back, but they didnt have any info on it so I passed it up. Sure as shit wished I had grabbed one now.
harborside_003_Large_.JPG

The Super Silver Haze there yesterday wasnt the best I'd had before but still a formidable opponent.
harborside_007_Large_.JPG

And last, but still a very nice smoke and perhaps the best tasting of the 3, Blueband...
harborside_006_Large_.JPG

Oh yeah, almost forgot always make sure to pick up some bubble while I'm there as well and this trip was no exception. Picked up some Purple Sands. I went off the tenders recommendation and I must say she did me right, cuz I love it. I'mma hash whore! lol, its what my gf calls me all the time, but I just love the stuff....
harborside_004_Large_.JPG

So yeah, that was my nice lil'weekend stay over in the bay, was a nice lil'trip and the Giants kickin the shit outta the d-backs made it that much more enjoyable! Now if they can just finish out the sweep of arizona today I'll be a happy camper.

Subscribed.:popcorn::roorrip:

with as much great stuff that find it's way to chicagoland.
I've never had access to hash except for rare occasions.

To have it available as pictured above would be awesome.

Chicago is a great city no doubt, but gotta love cali thats for sure!

Yeah, when I go clubbin' I pretty much always make sure to get some hash, I'mma sucker for the stuff. Love it! I dunno what my problem is but whenever I make it for myself it always turns out weak sauce. I think the bags I got blow goats. Was really considering trying to make gumby with the 2 lbs of trim I have. Anyone got some suggestions?

Well we are a week out since the last pics, so figured I'd go head and throw some new photo's up of the girls. Everything is looking great, and the growth of the plants is much more uniform this round. Think I got about another week in veg before flippin'em to 12/12. Also swapped out the MH and put in the HPS.

Group shot
afgdshwrgh_024_Large_.JPG

Purple kush
afgdshwrgh_025_Large_.JPG

Just 7 days ago... edit: actually 6 days was last friday when that was taken
spinnerrd2_006_Large_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom