Spinnin' Round in Circles

Re: Spinnin' round in circles....

I've never been to a So Cal club, either. The prices they charge are why I grow my own, although they both have great variety of strains, clones and smokeables. El Camino is 80 or so miles closer, but if I want clones, I'll make the drive.

Yeah, the prices are certainly steep but I just can never resist tryin sumthan new. Hash prices to me never seem all that bad and seem worth it usually. I hate payin 12 bucks a cutting as well, but now that I have my mothers up and goin I really enjoy gettin 6 bucks a pop for them, hehe...

Sup Mesrone, yeah, man I am diggin the video updates as well. Its honestly much easier than uploading a bunch of pictures and then havin to sort all threw them.

The Tahoe is pretty good but I am super diggin the the phantom menace stuff.

So anxious to see the girls tomorrow afternoon after their dark period. This is my first time givin' it a whirl, so I'm very excited to see them once the light flips on.

Yeah im only on my second time now. Its so exciting the first time. It stays as exciting the second time too. But man, poppin that cherry. Cant wait for another update!
+reps if i can

Yeah im only on my second time now. Its so exciting the first time. It stays as exciting the second time too. But man, poppin that cherry. Cant wait for another update!
+reps if i can

Nice man, I've got over a decade now under my belt and I still get giddy around beautiful plants. Its sumthan that will never get old. reps back at'cha!

I've heard---second hand---that Ed Rosenthall said, "the only thing addictive about marijuana is growing it."

I agree!

Hell yeah Doc!

I was super excited to see the girls this morning, just kinda hard to tell since I was blazed as shit so, dont make fun of me cuz I get to ramblin' this time a bit, lol...

YouTube - spinner after 36 hr dark period.MOV

Hi wiz, nice update. The ladies appear to be very happy in there. Great stuff.

I'm very glad to have found this thread as my interest in the spinner has been high since seeing it in your last grow. I think these things are pretty much the perfect way of growing, the only thing I would like to see added to them is some way of hooking up a co2 setup and I really don't think that would be to hard to do. Hell all that would be needed is to hang up a ring around the inside top of the case and have the co2 emitted from there, even if it leaked a little the whole thing isn't very large so it wouldn't take much gas to keep the right amount in the case and once your into flowering you only need it to run for 12 hours a day anyway. Depending on what kind of heat you are generating with the 400w light you might even be able to move up to a 600w system when using co2 although you would use quit a bit more gas during the veg cycle if it leaks a lot.

I also think you guys are on the right track with the DIY idea, you should be able to make your own spinner for about 25% of what they cost in a store. If the rep who is quoted as saying they have half a warehouse full of spinners that were not like they wanted them to be you know they are charging enough to try and make up for all that wasted money they put out plus the overhead it costs to run a company.

Anyway, that enough blowing of hot air for now but I did want to say thanks for starting this thread and I love the idea of you posting video's along with the other pics posted. :thanks: + reps if possible

I'm very glad to have found this thread as my interest in the spinner has been high since seeing it in your last grow. I think these things are pretty much the perfect way of growing, the only thing I would like to see added to them is some way of hooking up a co2 setup and I really don't think that would be to hard to do. Hell all that would be needed is to hang up a ring around the inside top of the case and have the co2 emitted from there, even if it leaked a little the whole thing isn't very large so it wouldn't take much gas to keep the right amount in the case and once your into flowering you only need it to run for 12 hours a day anyway. Depending on what kind of heat you are generating with the 400w light you might even be able to move up to a 600w system when using co2 although you would use quit a bit more gas during the veg cycle if it leaks a lot.

I also think you guys are on the right track with the DIY idea, you should be able to make your own spinner for about 25% of what they cost in a store. If the rep who is quoted as saying they have half a warehouse full of spinners that were not like they wanted them to be you know they are charging enough to try and make up for all that wasted money they put out plus the overhead it costs to run a company.

Anyway, that enough blowing of hot air for now but I did want to say thanks for starting this thread and I love the idea of you posting video's along with the other pics posted. :thanks: + reps if possible

Sup Sod,

Glad you found it, and good to have ya!

Yeah, the unit can have co2 added incrediblly easy. I currently have a 20lb tank set up in my flowering tent, but dont have any plan at this time to hook it up to the spinner. I dont know how effective it would be in there as well, since its a constant wind tunnel in there pretty much, but I'm sure it wouldnt hurt at all. They just get tons of fresh air, and whatever co2 isnt used by the girls in the tent gets sucked in through the intake and pushed threw the spinner before being sucked out by the rooms main exhaust. But yeah, have to agree with ya that the spinner is the best system on the market today no qualms about it!

Well, I have a 600w hps in there. Though with the summer heat upon us now I have to turn it down to 400w, but on cooler days, I have been goin in there and turning it up to 600w or on days where the fiance is home and cant stand sittin in a house thats warmer than 80, so she turns on the air, and I turn up the watts.... I'm keeping track of the few days that I run it as a 600w so I can figure that into my gpw. ex: so if I run the 600w for 30 days of bloom and 400w for the other 30 days of bloom then I'll base my gpw off 500w. But I super doubt I'll be able to run the 600w very much at all. We have been in the high 90's all this past weekend and its fixin to get mucho hotter. So think this round is another 400w run pretty much. Cant wait til fall and winter to bump the 600w full time in there

Update coming later today.....

Is the intake/exhaust fan separate from the unit/or upgradeable?
If you had enough cold air at the intake, do you think it would be possible to run a 1000k or a master blaster in there?

Is the intake/exhaust fan separate from the unit/or upgradeable?
If you had enough cold air at the intake, do you think it would be possible to run a 1000k or a master blaster in there?

The ventilation system comes with the unit, but the intake and exhaust fans that come with it are 125 cfm axial fan, nothing special. I left the intake fan on and use a ecoplus inline fan to exhaust the spinner and then a separate vortex fan with carbon filter on it for the main room.

You could probably keep it cool enough with a 1k with some serious tweaking, but, the plants being so close that that many watts you'd for sure bleach the shit outta yer buds.

looking good bro. should be better then last time:bravo:

Hey Irish good to see you over here man. I am really hopin that I can come close to 2gpw this go round, though I am havin the same fears again that I started bloom to early. And then with tryin out the 36 hr darkness at the start of bloom seems to have some plus and minuses for me this round.

Pros: The plants look like they are already starting to build their first calyx's. So the dark period seems to do as said and kick start them into bloom quicker.

Cons (for me this round): I am not getting near the amount of initial stretch that I did with the Blue Moon Rocks that I got last time. So I have a feeling they are gonna be close to last rounds size and only utilizing about half of the available space.

This pitfall this round could turn into a major plus next round now that I know my strain wont stretch as much.

On a side note this rounds plants look much healthier and the stems about twice as thick. The last rounds cuttings came from the club and these were all taken here at home, plus took plenty extra to try to prevent some runts. I have already been doing a lot of twist ties, tying the nodes up along the main stalk since they try to reach out for that light, so they grow straight out. The purple kush, the plant I was most worried about since its so bushy, has stretched the most and am really lookin forward to seein it finish up inside here. The internodes are a good 3" past the top main stem now. Theres a good 4 or 5 nodes past what main stem, so I'll see if running topped plants are a viable method in here or not. I dont for see any problems with them, I have a zip tie around the top of them to keep them all close, out from other plants and will help support once the stickiness comes.

Hey Irish good to see you over here man. I am really hopin that I can come close to 2gpw this go round, though I am havin the same fears again that I started bloom to early. And then with tryin out the 36 hr darkness at the start of bloom seems to have some plus and minuses for me this round.

Pros: The plants look like they are already starting to build their first calyx's. So the dark period seems to do as said and kick start them into bloom quicker.

Cons (for me this round): I am not getting near the amount of initial stretch that I did with the Blue Moon Rocks that I got last time. So I have a feeling they are gonna be close to last rounds size and only utilizing about half of the available space.

This pitfall this round could turn into a major plus next round now that I know my strain wont stretch as much.

On a side note this rounds plants look much healthier and the stems about twice as thick. The last rounds cuttings came from the club and these were all taken here at home, plus took plenty extra to try to prevent some runts. I have already been doing a lot of twist ties, tying the nodes up along the main stalk since they try to reach out for that light, so they grow straight out. The purple kush, the plant I was most worried about since its so bushy, has stretched the most and am really lookin forward to seein it finish up inside here. The internodes are a good 3" past the top main stem now. Theres a good 4 or 5 nodes past what main stem, so I'll see if running topped plants are a viable method in here or not. I dont for see any problems with them, I have a zip tie around the top of them to keep them all close, out from other plants and will help support once the stickiness comes.

ya its one of those deals where it may take a few times to learn things. the good thing is you have ur own clones now so you can dial in that strain and know what hight to flower them at. maybe not this round but the next or the one after that you should have things real dialed in since you will use the same strain. same reason why i am sticking with the same strain, because i can learn when to flower them under my leds since they also seem to not stretch. kinda throws things off. i was going to do the whole 36hr dark time but afraid they wont get that stretch i need for flowering hight. last time my strain only stretched around 6", but i am not sure if it will be the same as last time? it should but could be a different mom.

sooner or latter you will get things dialed in and push that unit to its full potential:goodluck:

here's a picture of last round right before harvest. As you can see i started bloom too early, well to be honest, it was my first time with a vertical type set up and having the bulb suspended between the plants like it is they dont stretch hardly at all. So gonna be veg'in them up to about 12" this time before flipping them over to 12/12. Last round the tallest plants were only 8" when i flipped them to bloom, so i should hopefully max out my height and hopefully improve my yield by two i'm hoping.

bunchoshit_005_large_.jpg

wow!!!

How much did your plants stretch in your last go around?

Umm, on the bmr's about 4-5" and on the gc's about 5-7".

Snagged pictures from tonight be pretty tired so I'll upload them tomorrow afternoon.

The purple kush is insane! She's the only one that is gonna max out height inside this round, wish now that I had ran 11 more of those, hehe. Figures the strain that I was most concerned with is lookin like I did the best job with in the height category. But the bmr's a lookin super duper stacked, and are still stretchin ever so slightly.

I think the stretch is kinda fooling me this round a bit with the whole 36 hr darkness. Because the plants look further along with the small amount of hairs there already. Normally I am not seeing any signs of sex yet, and they are still putting their energy on growing as opposed to budding. So when I look at them with their hairs, I think to myself that they are finished growing at starting in on their bud building. When in fact after taking some measurements they are still slightly growing while still throwin out hairs already.

Ok, so I think we are on day 10 of bloom. The whole 36hr darkness thing makes has me unsure as to which day it is as well. But anyways, lets get on with some pictures....

Group shot with Purple Kush towering above everyone else
whole_lota_shit_029_Large_.JPG

Chunky ass stalks
whole_lota_shit_030_Large_.JPG

Uk Cheese; put on a decent amount of stretch thus far, better than the bmr's
whole_lota_shit_032_Large_.JPG

Green Crack; showing some signs of heat stress
whole_lota_shit_033_Large_.JPG

BMR top, they seem to tolerate the heat the best so far.
whole_lota_shit_037_Large_.JPG

But yeah things are kinda boring at the moment, another 20+ days and we'll be startin to see some buddage! Hopefully, lol, it's summer time for sure and it is hot as shit in side my grow room. Under my LED's and 600w inside the tent its upper 80's and inside the spinner its low 90's. So I have actually turned down my lumatek ballast for the spinner down to its lowest setting at 360w, figure since its so early it bloom it doesnt matter, and I am thinkin about gettin a portable a/c to run in my room to solve all the problems. With the extra wattage that the spinner takes up and heat it generates from having another light goin I think I'mma have to get one, god I miss my old house with a basement....

Back
Top Bottom