Spinnin' Round in Circles

Re: Spinnin' round in circles....

Any thoughts on how to use one with a waterfarm?

:roorrip:

Yeah, pretty sure yer stuck with a soil/hempy style grow with those turn styles, as they spin in one direction continuously.

So the girls are probably going to get switched over to bloom tonight. The tallest plant is at 12" and the shortest at 9". This round the shortest at 9" was as tall as my biggest plants height last round. So really hoping to max out on the head room inside the cabinet this time.

Wow! +reps. Amazing idea, awesome results!

What about water on that turntable? (the stand alone one) would that short it out? Hempy's need runnoff.

Thanks Doc!

Yeah, the turntable's have a few drawbacks to them for sure. They are pretty limited to their uses, but if you could work with'em they'd work out nice I believe. I've never grown in a hempy method, do you have to water shitloads, and have tons of run off? If not I would think either another same sized gallon bucket under it would take care of the run off issue. As for issues with the spinner the only one I've had is keeping enough water in the reservoir, lol... They will seriously drink 5gal of water a day in heavy bloom. Right now they are suckin up a good 3.5 gallons a day. But the system itself is flawless. I talked to the rep and they said they had 1/4 a warehouse of prototypes that didnt work out and didnt put anything out on the market til they had it nailed down and perfected. But it's such a simple design and concept in all actuality. 12 plants in a circle, 1 light suspended vertically in the middle, and spin each individual plant so all parts of the plant are exposed to the light source. Poof, magic!

do you have to water shitloads, and have tons of run off? If not I would think either another same sized gallon bucket under it would take care of the run off issue.

No.... My 2 liter hempy's don't have an extreme amount of run off.. I just use a plastic container like you are talking about underneath each 2 liter to collect the run off and then dump it after every watering.. Some growers water their hempy's so it makes a lot of (run off) and some growers water just enough to make (run off) come out of the holes. I do the "just enough to make it come out of the holes" method..

The turntables is slick. At that price that's tough to beat. Its halftime and I'm running fast - but...

They describe the gear that turns them as a washing machine gear. Even though its drive gear is spinning 360, it rotates 180 each direction. Might be another place to start a DIY project.

:peace:

No.... My 2 liter hempy's don't have an extreme amount of run off.. I just use a plastic container like you are talking about underneath each 2 liter to collect the run off and then dump it after every watering.. Some growers water their hempy's so it makes a lot of (run off) and some growers water just enough to make (run off) come out of the holes. I do the "just enough to make it come out of the holes" method..

I think those turntables would be super pimp then! My only suggestion once you go vert. Get some welding glasses!!!!! Protect your eyes!!!!

So went ahead and switched the girls over to bloom this evening. Gonna go head and give the 36hr darkness period a try since there seems to be a lot of beneficial talk about it, so figured I'd give it a go. Here's a little vid again about 5 mins before the light went out.

YouTube - spinner start bloom

Looks beautiful!

Looking stellar. Sounds like you've got a nice cool demeanor and way of thinking about it. You're keeping those plants nice and similar - which I have a feeling is a key to good yields with that machine.

Not too much to say other than this is a fun ride you're taking us on. Thanks.

:peace::nicethread:

+Reps and Stars

I think those turntables would be super pimp then! My only suggestion once you go vert. Get some welding glasses!!!!! Protect your eyes!!!!

Sure will.. Thanks for the advise..lol

Wize... Do you know what RPM you unit is spinning at?

Looking stellar. Sounds like you've got a nice cool demeanor and way of thinking about it. You're keeping those plants nice and similar - which I have a feeling is a key to good yields with that machine.

Not too much to say other than this is a fun ride you're taking us on. Thanks.

:peace::nicethread:

+Reps and Stars

Dude, Papa the sub is sick! One of my favorite journal. I am still workin my way through the first one, great reading, great info. So I'm stoked to have you along for the ride, and it most certainly will be fun following along.

Thanks a bunch man!

Oh yeah, went up to Sacramento on Sunday to visit some family and couldnt help stoppin' by and checkin out a club in the area. So here's what I picked up from El Camino Wellness Center.

Phantom Menace
poopietime_012_Large_.JPG

Tahoe OG
poopietime_011_Large_.JPG

Triple Berry Afgoo Bubble: Seriously the best bubble I've ever had! Thank you for whoever made this shit!
poopietime_013_Large_.JPG

Love the video updates. Those are really cool to watch. might have to stea the idea of them!!

Plants look great by the way. going to be some bushy little ladies.
And that Tahoe OG looks just dandy.

Sup Mesrone, yeah, man I am diggin the video updates as well. Its honestly much easier than uploading a bunch of pictures and then havin to sort all threw them.

The Tahoe is pretty good but I am super diggin the the phantom menace stuff.

So anxious to see the girls tomorrow afternoon after their dark period. This is my first time givin' it a whirl, so I'm very excited to see them once the light flips on.

Harborside and El Camino seem to have similar menus and quality.

Harborside and El Camino seem to have similar menus and quality.

Ye, I made sure to bring along some samples for them to check out and to get a behind the scenes of the club. I always do this, to get a better feel for the people who operate and how they treat their growers who supply all their meds. Without all of us, they'd be closin' up shop real quick! After talkin shop with one of the owners found out they are actually affiliated with Harborside threw some medical mj screening program. I will say that Harborside is a bit cheaper by just a hair, as top shelf grams at harborside are like 19 after tax and they were 20 at El Camino. Harborside has one of the best clone selections of any of the clubs I've been to as well. Never been to any So. Cal clubs though and I hear they are poppin down there. All and all thought I would say that El Camino is one of the nicer smaller clubs I have been to. Very clean and very professional.

I've never been to a So Cal club, either. The prices they charge are why I grow my own, although they both have great variety of strains, clones and smokeables. El Camino is 80 or so miles closer, but if I want clones, I'll make the drive.

Back
Top Bottom