Spinnin' Round in Circles

Re: Spinnin' round in circles....

Hi wiz. really nice growth since your last update. I think the spinner is one of the best tech grow ideas I've seen yet.
Keep up the good work.
reps if I can.

can't but I can rate your thread, although I don't see it up there I rated 5 star. Second journal where my rating didn't show, not sure whats up with that.

Hi wiz. really nice growth since your last update. I think the spinner is one of the best tech grow ideas I've seen yet.
Keep up the good work.
reps if I can.

can't but I can rate your thread, although I don't see it up there I rated 5 star. Second journal where my rating didn't show, not sure whats up with that.

I just rated the thread too (5) and now the thread shows 5 stars instead of the link "Rate Thread".

I rated another unrated thread and the rating did not show up. A thread probably needs 2 or more ratings before it is officially rated.

Thanks Joe maybe thats whats up. I know it took my rating because it wouldn't let me rate again.

Yeah I see the stars now. cool, thought 420 was screwing up on me.

Keep up the good work.
reps if I can.

Hey Mmm, thanks a bunch mate! After being a fairly consistent grower in the .65gpw region for, well, forever, and jumping up to 1.25gpw and to have aspirations of 2.5gpw once nailed down with the spinner. I would most certainly have to agree with you that its the best tech out there.

I just rated the thread too (5) and now the thread shows 5 stars instead of the link "Rate Thread".

I rated another unrated thread and the rating did not show up. A thread probably needs 2 or more ratings before it is officially rated.

Sweet! Score! Thanks guys!

Hey Mmm, thanks a bunch mate! After being a fairly consistent grower in the .65gpw region for, well, forever, and jumping up to 1.25gpw and to have aspirations of 2.5gpw once nailed down with the spinner. I would most certainly have to agree with you that its the best tech out there.

I'd say 1.25 gpw is pretty efficient use of the space/lumens. Definitely interested in where you'll take it this round. Seems top of the heap. Number 3 might kick it up a notch.:thumb:

Thanks for the video. That thing is very cool. The other video I saw made it look relatively solid as well. Do you find it well built?

:nicethread::peace:

Wow. Awesome!!! Im so pumped to be on the ground, well almost, on this one.
What nutes are you running?
Anyway, subscribed..
And good work on your last pull! That nug looks delicious.

Welcome aboard mate, nice to have ya! I run GH flora series, been with that stuff for many moons. Tinkered with tons of other nutes but I always come back to it.

Yeah that thing is BAD ASS.....:grinjoint:

Thanks and couldnt agree with you more!

Thanks for the video. That thing is very cool. The other video I saw made it look relatively solid as well. Do you find it well built?

:nicethread::peace:

Yeah, man, I really liked doin the video. And I think I might just start doin both a video and picture updates. The video showing it almost seems like a must for people to get a true sense of how crazy this damn thing is. It's extremely well built, imo, and such a basic simple design, that I felt it was a "no brainer" that it would do as advertised or what not.

Wize after seeing your vid I got to admit, this design is truly cutting edge... It's takes the best of both worlds and incorporates them into one self contained unit (vertical growing and spinning the girls).. I wish they made smaller units, like ones that held 6 plants per unit.. I know "you ask why" but in my Med state each patient is only allowed 12 plants at one time.. Using the current unit a Med grower in my state would only have the option of doing all 12 girls at the same time or try to figure out some kind of tricked out perpetual type of grow. Most growers in my state like to do half veg and half flower since we are only allowed a small # of girls per grower..

The more I think about it.. The more I think the DIY type of grower could make (or buy) some type of small spinning platforms. I'm thinking something that looks like a bathroom scale but with a slow spinning disc in the centers.. I could take 6 of those (if I could find some) and put any of my bucket type plants on them (hempy,dirt) then put them into a small circle, drop a vertical cooltube down the center and have a home made DIY vertical spinner setup.. Anyone else seeing this vision OR have I just smoked to much today...

Sorry if this is off topic...:rollit:

I found these $50 each. They hold up to 10lbs each and spin at 4 rpms :yahoo:

Turntable_pic.jpg

Wize after seeing your vid I got to admit, this design is truly cutting edge... It's takes the best of both worlds and incorporates them into one self contained unit (vertical growing and spinning the girls).. I wish they made smaller units, like ones that held 6 plants per unit.. I know "you ask why" but in my Med state each patient is only allowed 12 plants at one time.. Using the current unit a Med grower in my state would only have the option of doing all 12 girls at the same time or try to figure out some kind of tricked out perpetual type of grow. Most growers in my state like to do half veg and half flower since we are only allowed a small # of girls per grower..

The more I think about it.. The more I think the DIY type of grower could make (or buy) some type of small spinning platforms. I'm thinking something that looks like a bathroom scale but with a slow spinning disc in the centers.. I could take 6 of those (if I could find some) and put any of my bucket type plants on them (hempy,dirt) then put them into a small circle, drop a vertical cooltube down the center and have a home made DIY vertical spinner setup.. Anyone else seeing this vision OR have I just smoked to much today...

Sorry if this is off topic...:rollit:

I found these $50 each. They hold up to 10lbs each and spin at 4 rpms :yahoo:

Turntable_pic.jpg

What up dogs, yeah, I have actually seen something similar to what yer showing, however, I found one that will run off of solar power and will turn 32 lbs. Either way I thought it wouldnt work for a lot of growers out there since I am pretty sure a 5gal bucket with dirt after a watering would prob weigh well over 32 lbs. But perhaps with some 2-3 gal buckets and higher plant numbers.

What up dogs, yeah, I have actually seen something similar to what yer showing, however, I found one that will run off of solar power and will turn 32 lbs. Either way I thought it wouldnt work for a lot of growers out there since I am pretty sure a 5gal bucket with dirt after a watering would prob weigh well over 32 lbs. But perhaps with some 2-3 gal buckets and higher plant numbers.

Yeah the 5 gal BIG boys would need to spin something close to the 32lb range for sure but I do two liter hempy's and the 10lb compactly spinners will work nicely for that setup IMO.. I've also found the spinner from the pic above for $35 out of Tucson AZ. The solar power would definitely be a bonus for sure..

Hell I already own a cool tube and a 400w and all the two liters. All I would need is six of those spinners for a cool $210 plus shipping and I would have a DIY vertical spinner setup of my own.. That vid you made opened up my eyes.. Thanks + reps brother..

Dude, Bust that shit! Goin to this vert style set up has always intrigued me, but once looking into them I always noticed that plants without constant rotation from the grower never developed on the "back side" of the plant. The spinning concept totally eliminates that, and you get huge thick buds all over! Normally when I harvest I'd say that like 90% is a+ grade and then you got about 10% of lil popcorn shit, not at all the case with the spinning action 100% was pure chunkage.

Yeah I think i'm going to order me some of those $35 spinners soon..

In the mean time I will watch your spinner action...:thumb:

Are those ones you are planning on ordering solar powered? Whats the link on those you are checkin out? I'm sure a few others might be interested in gettin some diy spinner action goin!

Any thoughts on how to use one with a waterfarm?

:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom