Has anyone grown White Widow x Big Bud?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

Has anyone grown White Widow x BigBud before? iv got some small plants that im planning on flipping on the 27th but there only 4" tall, im running 7-9 plants (2 may have passed) in 12L pots in a 4x4 tent under 2 600w HPS lights in cool hoods.

So the question is how much did yours stretch and how big exactly were your colas because im hearing lots about them being big producers, the reason i ask i do i decide to top at the 4-5th node just to allow a semi even canopy and better airflow.

Any pictures of in veg just before you flipped to when you harvested would be great just so i can get an idea on how much im working with.

Thanks!

I'm planning on flipping mine in about 2 weeks as well. They are a (white widow x big bud) x african sativa.. so may have a little more stretch then yours, but at the end of the day a strain name is just that - a name. Unless growing from same seed bank and same pheno it can be hard to say.
They're in 1gal pots at the moment and today im going to put the best 8 into 5 gal geopots, for a 8x4 tent.
Here's what they look like today. Yours will be smaller, but your going to run quite a few more than me for the space.

DSC_0800.JPG

Both those strains will have some stretch but it shouldn't be to bad. They are both known to produce well and will start packing on buds instead of excessive stretch. A good rule of thumb to go by is a 50% stretch. Most strains fall into this range. Some indica strains will not stretch much at all. While other sativas seem to stretch all the way through flower. Those are the extremes most strains fall somewhere in the middle. Most your plants will fall in the 30 to 50% stretch if my guess is right. Like I said that is a guess. Fits the White Widow I have grown. Never grown out Big Bud so that one I am not sure of.

Hello buddy yes i think i may do the same, if we keep in contact we could maybe compare throughout the grow?

Im running a 4x4 as its the only tent iv got plus a 1x1m tent but because there so small when i flip, by the time there in flower they may have enough air space between them.

Your plants are 3x the size of mine, but mine are in there final 12L pots, iv got 4 O.G. Kush and 4 Northern Lights getting flipped on the 20th too.

The ones in that went into the bigger pots early will usually catch up and may do better. The bigger and more established the root ball is when the plant is put into flower the better it will do. It will spend most of its time growing not having to expand its roots. This might also add to the stretch as most their energy is going up. If I am worried about stretch I will re-pot right when I go into flower.

Thats quite a good idea that, i will be happy for 50-70% stretch when i flip mine to 12/12, the biggest advantage im wanting from these are not only quantity to a certain extent but absolute perfect bud structure, no loose airy buds, im also wanting a trichome enhancer.

Just a quick question, im 5 days from harvesting my other plants, any ideas to really increase trichome enhancement?

Iv heard ice and water 2-3 days before harvest really shocks the roots to finish then causes the plant to create more trichomes.

Best thing to do is nothing. If you have grown them well then they are probably going to be as strong as they can be already. Shocking a plant into producing more trichomes is better left to pro's if it even works at all. Genetics has a lot more to do with it then anything else. Most practices will do nothing but risk all the work you have did up to that point. Why F*#k it up now.
The only practice I have tried is the total darkness for 3 days before harvest. You want to harvest when the soil is dry. So if you water it before it goes into the darkness it will give it the moisture it needs to survive it. They will suck up the water even in the darkness. This may or may not increase trichome production but it doesn't hurt them. If you have 2 of the same pheno's then do it with one and harvest the other how you normally do. It may show you a difference. All I know about this practice is it doesn't hurt them. I have seen no proof it helps them.
Some of these other practices might not hurt the plants. Some might. Like I said better not to mess it up now. Trust me most of them are bullshit. Most are something that worked out for Joe Blow on a certain strain and now he is a genius with a new way to make weed stronger. Just because you think you made the plant better doesn't mean you did.
Okay I am getting off my box and will quit preaching LOL.

Best thing to do is nothing. If you have grown them well then they are probably going to be as strong as they can be already...
Some of these other practices might not hurt the plants. Some might. Like I said better not to mess it up now. Trust me most of them are bullshit. Most are something that worked out for Joe Blow on a certain strain and now he is a genius with a new way to make weed stronger. Just because you think you made the plant better doesn't mean you did.
Okay I am getting off my box and will quit preaching LOL.
That's completely on the money! Dead on.

Very nice ! , running that strain as well , I have 2 diff runs , a patch outside and a 3x3 indoor , lst on a vertical grow utilizing all 4 sides, 30 days in with swelling buds , contained the stretch with the lst method

Here is my indoor vertical grow, o ly vegged a couple of weeks as I was curious on how the vertical system was going to be , wow I seemed to be utilizing the 400 maximizing all sides. Temps are at 24 , I'm going to add another cool tube and additional 400 hps in a series so I can go taller
20180819_115333.jpg
20180819_115354.jpg

Hello buddy, what type of training did you do?
I used the manifold technique.
new-nebula-manifold-cannabis-training-stem-sm.jpg
I topped it and removed all the branches except the top 2. After that grew out I topped those 2 branches and removed a couple more inbetween to give it 4 main branches on each side for a total of 8 colas per plant

5x5 tent with a 1000 watt Kind LED light

Hello, we are still on this topic, so there around 10" tall, 8 survived so not so bad, there at there 5th node now and the node stems at the bottom arent catching up quick enough some are around 6 inches below and by the time i flower them they wont be seen so, should i top them at 5th node so they can put all there effort into the remaining stems? im planning on flipping in around a week to 10 days, theres 8 and all going in a 4x4 so space is a factor.

Back
Top Bottom