Have my girls gone hermi?

MorCal Ollie

Everything has gone perfectly till now. I'm 3 weeks into flower and I trimmed some fan leaves to allow light and air. Then I read that I could have gone too far. Now I'm panicked that my girls have gone hermi. This is my Strawberry Haze plant. The wife says I'm over reacting. Help me Obie Wan, you're my only hope.

photo_1214.JPG

photo_2183.JPG

photo_3144.JPG

photo_4116.JPG

photo_564.JPG

Strain - S/I Strawberry Haze (pictured)
# of Plants - 3 - Grown with 1 S/I Train Wreck and 1 I/S Platinum GSC
Grow Stage - Flower, 3rd week
Setup - Closet
Light - 600 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Fox Farm Soil
PPM - 1100
PH - 6
RH - 40-50
Room Temperature - 69-75
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 20
Pests - None Known

To me, if youre refferring to the small Calyx with the pre-hairs coming out at the stem/branch joint, that is perfectly normal. That is showing you have a GIRL:) If it was a bunch of balls - HERMIE.. Or if you notice later in the buds that some weird clusters appear, then you may have probs.
But IMO you look to be fine. Also just a quick tip, GET UR PH UP. During flower it will need to stable around 6.5 so they can take in all nutes required. Some say 6.0 is fine,I usually am around 6.2 - 6.8. Just going from a chart I have which recommends certain ranges but in flower Id try keep it up a little if you can, adding some Baking soda to your water will raise the waters Ph, dont use heaps, and let it sit a min or so then check its PH before watering.
This will help raise the PH or you can add some DolomiteCal/mag lime to the top soil this will gradually increase the PH and add Cal/mag too so its probably better to do this now at where yo are so by the time the plants into flower full on then she should have things sorted.
Best of luk. Smokemup..

Thanks so much Smokemupm8. The wife was right, I was over reacting. That's a weight lifted. Thanks for the tip on the ph. I will make sure to get it to 6.5. All us noobs appreciate your guidance.

Yeah well buddy.. Just from what I tried to look at, all looks normal ok. Ill put a pic of my plant if I can find one that shows the same k..
Hope all else is fine with ur girls - Just yeah, maybe try raise PH a bit, JUST IN CASE - Some people will swear by the graph - others not so much. PERSONALLY - I never really checke my soils PH until guys made a point of checking it on here, so it made me think and usually my soil mix's PH is about 6.4 and my tap water is 6.6. So thats all ok, and I try to mix some dolomite lime Cal/mag thru my mix, and a little slo release ferts. So over time they will help feed your plant and the need for extra nutes during veg/early flower is lessend unless your plants are big and showing defic.
But yeah my last 2 grows have managed to be the same plant when I was certain I only had 1 C99xPR seed?? But there was 2.. So my protoge' Lucy I hope to turn into sumthin different, she is definately not the same as these 2. So hopin for nice buds later if she stays.
Just after your plants stretch, you may wanna trim a few fan leaves to let some light into the plants centre or lower branches. As long as you dont trim aggressively youll be ok, I usually take 1 leaf from one branch and 1 from the other beside it if theyre both blocking light from getting thru..Just to spread it around the plant is used to losing a leaf or two so its fine. And that shoud give your buds better chance of gaining in size too, All the best. Smokemup.. Ill try find a pic????

2013-01-11_17_19_32.jpg

I dunno if this pic will show it any good sorry my pic editing skills suck!!

Ahh yeah ya can just make em out, toward the upper branch, if you look at the joint of branch and stem you can see her little pre- calyxes poppin out like spikes:):) ALL FEMALE BABY!!!

The first three pics look like balls, but the pics are so blurry they could just be big calyx. You would be the best judge unless you can get us new pics. In the other pics I see no balls.

Back
Top Bottom