Have My She's Become He's? Help

Crippled

20161103_163311.jpg
20161103_162730.jpg

Spotted some of these on some of my girls they are 2 weeks into flowering and im slightly worried some help would be massively appreciated thanks

I get those too, pretty often, I never know to cut them off or not, but I usually will.. Always have the same thought as you. There was one time I didn't cut them off, and nothing changed for me.

So I'd like to know as well, if someone has good information on what this is exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They're not male flowers. Just swollen calyxes. Female flowers. They often appear on the stem like that at the base of the buds. Those ones often seem to get a little bigger than the calyxes that form the buds. Nothing to worry about.

Thank god for you guys man honestly lol i just went through one plant trying to pick them off. So definitely not some male genitalia trying to form ? I was so worried

Definitely not. You can even see the female pistils sticking out of the ones you trimmed. Male flowers do have a somewhat similar look but don't have the pointy end on them, and when they open up they have yellow flowers inside, never pistils.

EDIT- a little more info.

If you see any yellow flowers, then you have hermie stuff going on.
Hermie flowers come in two forms
- the regular male 'seed pod' variety, which open up to show several tiny light yellow coloured banana shaped flowers inside. These generally appear in or before early flowering if they're going to happen.
- 'Nanners' - which usually appear late in flowering. They are the same banana-like flowers but without the round 'pod' casing. They often appear as single yellow things in the buds, or sometimes in bunches of several. They are less of a threat than full blown male hermies with the pods.

Nanners can be removed with some success.
A full blown hermaphrodite with true male flowers isn't good for anything but compost in my opinion.

Those mess with my mind too as I'm half blind anymore, thought I saw some pistols in one in your pics which would mean a female, but I'm learning still and didn't want to say and steer you wrong if I was way off on my understanding.

Thank you very much for your help guys im a beginner they just looked too similar for me not to worry ! Back to the stress free life it is :)

Back
Top Bottom