Here are a few shots from my outdoor grow that I took tonight.

The Sour PAtch Kids are not quite ready yet, but I might start cutting them down this weekend. The worms kind of had a big party in a lot of the buds. I think just about all of the worms have been methodically picked out and squished on the deck, but they already did their damage and I affraid of getting bud rot. But the buds are big and heavy and just falling all over the place. It's hard to keep them upright now.

The Strawnana is doing great and is getting bigger and bigger by the day. The buds still have a long way to go though. I have a feeling this might be a late October harvest. The tops are taking forever to thicken up. But it's still nice and green, so I don't think there is a problem. I just think they are late bloomers, literally. The fan leaves are still growing out of the tops like crazy. I've never seen that many new leaves this late in the season. I think this plant thinks it's still late July.

Here are a few shots from my outdoor grow that I took tonight.

The Sour PAtch Kids are not quite ready yet, but I might start cutting them down this weekend. The worms kind of had a big party in a lot of the buds. I think just about all of the worms have been methodically picked out and squished on the deck, but they already did their damage and I affraid of getting bud rot. But the buds are big and heavy and just falling all over the place. It's hard to keep them upright now.

The Strawnana is doing great and is getting bigger and bigger by the day. The buds still have a long way to go though. I have a feeling this might be a late October harvest. The tops are taking forever to thicken up. But it's still nice and green, so I don't think there is a problem. I just think they are late bloomers, literally. The fan leaves are still growing out of the tops like crazy. I've never seen that many new leaves this late in the season. I think this plant thinks it's still late July.

them sour patch kids are getting obese...hide the nutrients!

Bird in the hand... :)

Nothing worse than losing half the plant to rot...except maybe the whole plant :rolleyes:
Yup, so there coming down. Wish I could have let them go a few more weeks. But at least I have smoked a little bit that I had to cut off a couple weeks ago. It's pretty good and I'd hate to lose it all.

Summer harvest update
So I started harvesting today and so far it's pretty good. Some buds are toast on the SPK's, thanks to the moths. So those are coming down first. I got a late start today and I still have some work for my job to do. But I did manage to get part of one plant cut, trimmed, washed and hanged to dry. I'm not sure how much I'll lose from the damn worms, but it's sure to be a few oz. But that's pretty much the way it is around here every fall.

Here's a pic of the first part of the harvest

Here's a pic of the same buds after trimming

And lastly a pic of them hanging to dry.

@Blew Hiller
Thank you sir. I just love this time of the year!!!!

And here's another pic I took a little while ago as I was cleaning up.

IMG_20190928_180015.jpg

Plant looked so healthy and green when you harvested her...I hit all of mine with a little fish fert yesterday.
The harvest is turning out pretty good so far thanks to your idea of early harvesting. The worms probably took out two or three oz. But I'll still get at least a couple lbs off the first. Plant. This is what I have now, but there's still some left to cut.

So I'm done for the day on this harvest. Everything turned out better than expected. There was maybe a few oz lost the the caterpillars, but that's not too bad. But the good news was that I didn't find any mold. Hard to tell what the total weight will be, but it looks like at least a lb and probably more. Here's a couple pics of the days work.

So I'm done for the day on this harvest. Everything turned out better than expected. There was maybe a few oz lost the the caterpillars, but that's not too bad. But the good news was that I didn't find any mold. Hard to tell what the total weight will be, but it looks like at least a lb and probably more. Here's a couple pics of the days work.

:yahoo::cheer::high-five::bravo::welldone::surf::theband::slide::headbanger::party:

He types with sticky, cramped hands :laugh:
Hahaaaaa. They were sticky for sure. But it all worked out well. There is a little bit of the plant still left. I have removed all of the tops with worm damage, so I may let it grow for a couple more weeks and see if I can do a second harvest.

Here's what's left. I may trim up some of the undergrowth just to keep it clean.

So, I've been focusing on the outdoor grow lately and really haven't spent much time on the indoor grows. Just water and Jacks on the weekend. But I did take a few minutes to take a few pics last night. Here are a few shots at 5 weeks into flower. Some of the leaf tips were starting to burn just a tiny bit. So I cut back the feeding to just once a week.

All of these were taken with the lights out and just the flash on my phone. These two are from about 3 feet away. The flash kind of drops off a bit. I need a little bit more light at this distance

These were taken a lot closer and some of them are in portrait mode on the phone. The flash is good at this distance and really shows the trichs. They are getting to be a sticky mess.

It's a lot better growing indoors as far as the quality goes. And I don't need to spray with neem indoors. They just look a lot cleaner without spraying them with oil.

Heres a little update on the outdoor grow. I'm kind of bummed that I had to harvest the other SPK last week, but it had to be done before the mold got out of hand. But the other SPK is really filling out good and the buds are super firm now. It's gonna be even better in a week or two

And then there's the Strawnana. It's still got about 3 weeks to go, but all of the tops are really long and filling in really nice. They are thicker than a beer can now. Woo hoo.

And the indoor grow is doing great too. Tomorrow ends week 7. Only 2 or 3 weeks left. It's the best indoor grow I've had in a while. The previous grows were done in hydro and one thing I've learned about hydro is that if you can't control the temp of your grow room, don't grow I'm hydro.y last couple hydro grows really got baked, especially the last one. Im sticking with soil from now on. Oh, and I think using the Jack's Classic nutrients helped too.

Back
Top Bottom