Heavyherbs First Grow

What's up heavyherb, good to see we got some infowars people on the site, coincidence? i think not.

Hey nice to meet ya Raekwon! lets hope more people wake up to whats really going on before its too late. Btw what do you think of my girls....im gonna start them blooming real soon. :ganjamon:

by the way.....can anyone tell be what would be the best fertilizer to give them when I put them on the 12/12 schedual for blooming???? thanks :ganjamon:
Also I think I will make a few clones before i do that.

Hey Heavyherb...looking nice. I'm a noob so i can't give nute advice but wanted to mention I'm tuned in to see how your girls grow. I have nute burn one the one plant I have going outside so i suppose I could give advice. Go slow with whatever nutrients you use - easy your plants into the nute routine. I have Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Grow Big. I've heard good things but haven't the experience to say much more.

Hey Heavyherb...looking nice. I'm a noob so i can't give nute advice but wanted to mention I'm tuned in to see how your girls grow. I have nute burn one the one plant I have going outside so i suppose I could give advice. Go slow with whatever nutrients you use - easy your plants into the nute routine. I have Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Grow Big. I've heard good things but haven't the experience to say much more.

hey thanks dude, I am new to growing as well. This is my first attempt so far so good. I have also heard good things about Fox Farms fertilizer as well, I used their ocean forest soil and it is the bomb! thanks for the advice, I will go easy on the ferts, maybe use 1/2 of what they recomend to start. :ganjamon:

what kind of organic fertilizer is best to use for blooming? anybody? :cool:

Added another light panel now it looks like a tanning bed LOL...I think I will let them get a little bigger before I start blooming...maybe another 6 inches to a foot taller. I am also going to start fertilizing with fox farms open sesame
IMG_2006_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2004_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2005_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2007_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2008_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2009_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2021_Medium_.jpg

IMG_2023_Medium_.jpg

the last picture shows how nice and thick the trunks are getting, I am also cutting off all the small growth around the trunks and making clones, so far I have 10, I think there are another six I can make....I hope you all enjoy these pictures as much as I do....cant wait to start taking bud pictures.

So, how many watts of light do you have now? lumens?

well lets see each tube is 54 watts times 92.59 lumens per watt...equals 4999.86 lumens per tube.....times 12 tubes equals...59,998.32 lumens total almost 60,000 lumens....wow that seems like a lot but I have no idea what this means, all I know is that they are real bright but do not give off much heat at all. each panel has 6 tubes in it and I paid 200 dollars for each panel, so I figure if I get one ounce off these plants ( i think ill get a lot more hopefully) then they will pay for themselves. :cool:

damn now you werent joking when you said it looked like a tanning bed..they look nice and healthy.Great job bro..

thanks man...but not even in the same class as your gimungous sea of green LOL:grinjoint:

thanx man!!the way you have them spread apart is perfect with side light, now thats off the hook!!

thanks Butcher, but really I have no idea what i am doing....it seems to be working out ok tho LOL. hey btw do you know anything about the lumens and how many should you have ect. any info would be appreciated, thanks :cool:

Hey Heavy, your herbs look good. Got an answer that's an old 'rule of thumb'.
50 watts HPS per sq ft. Lets say 1000 watt bulb, 20 sq ft. 150,000 lumens/20, 7,500 lumens per sq ft. Lumens as a useful measurement gets arguement, but for a rough comparison it'll do. Your light is comparable to this. I think you'll be happy when it's cut and dried.;)

cool thanks propa gator.....I just divided my 60,000 by my 8 sq ft and it exactly 7,500 lumens per square foot. jus wondering how did you come up with the 150,000 lumens tho? thanks, HH

nice plants heavyherb, sour d is my fav.

the open sesame works good, can't wait to see them bloom... :yummy:

just some information for you concerning your lighting question this chart will give you any info you need :

Foot-CandlesHPSDoneNow1.jpg

hope this helps you out.

thanks bro but im not sure what i am looking at, like what do the numbers at the far left represent? seems kinda confusing......my tubes of 54 watts are not even on the chart, not sure if this even matters because they seem to be growing really well and healthy,and bushy, ill have to do some more research into this....in the meantime lets just see how they turn out in the end. this grow has been really fun, and its been great getting to know a few of you here on 420, everyone has been a lot of help and a lot of fun, the best is yet to come when they start to bloom! Thanks to everyone! HH

nice plants heavyherb, sour d is my fav.

the open sesame works good, can't wait to see them bloom... :yummy:

Thanks hightide, Today is day 46 of vegging, I just watered them with about 1/2 tsp of open sesame per gallon. I will do this every other watering. I have not started the 12/12 yet, will let them get just a little taller, right now they are about 19" inches tall. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom