Hello all!

Welcome NMBurrito to 420 magazine. Let’s get you started on how to get a grow . Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one. Plus check out the sponsors they can help fill that grow room .

Welcome NMBurrito to 420 magazine. Let’s get you started on how to get a grow . Below on my post is a link for new members the helpful one. Plus check out the sponsors they can help fill that grow room .

I appreciate the links and assistance. I'll definitely look into the sponsors as I start building out my room.

Welcome NMB! This is a great place for that! Enjoy

Cheers!

Hey @NMBurrito , welcome to 420 magazine!!! And get ready to learn!!! lol :)

Have you decided on what strain you are going to grow yet?

Have you decided to use coco/soil/hydro?

Are you indoors or outdoors?

If you have any questions - just let us know - there's always someone here to help.

Actually, we have a lot of sponsors here that can give you discounts and help get you going.

And we're not just trying to sell you stuff! We're actually giving stuff away for free :)

We have our monthly contests and @George from The Vault has some free giveaways going on right now - if you're into free stuff ;)

So please click on the links below and enter for your chance to win!

Hey @NMBurrito , welcome to 420 magazine!!! And get ready to learn!!! lol :)

Have you decided on what strain you are going to grow yet?

Have you decided to use coco/soil/hydro?

Are you indoors or outdoors?

If you have any questions - just let us know - there's always someone here to help.

Actually, we have a lot of sponsors here that can give you discounts and help get you going.

And we're not just trying to sell you stuff! We're actually giving stuff away for free :)

We have our monthly contests and @George from The Vault has some free giveaways going on right now - if you're into free stuff ;)

So please click on the links below and enter for your chance to win!
Hey @DrCannaCanadian I appreciate the welcome!

- First grow will be Indica
- Leaning towards soil for the first grow, but considering coco.
- Indoors / I have a workshop with space to build out a grow area.

My thought was to acquire seeds and get them to germinate and quickly build out the grow area. I need to sort out the light situation, ventilation won't be an issue, and as mentioned above determine if I'm going soil or coco.

Hey @DrCannaCanadian I appreciate the welcome!

- First grow will be Indica
- Leaning towards soil for the first grow, but considering coco.
- Indoors / I have a workshop with space to build out a grow area.

My thought was to acquire seeds and get them to germinate and quickly build out the grow area. I need to sort out the light situation, ventilation won't be an issue, and as mentioned above determine if I'm going soil or coco.

I started with soil and I'm now in coco and loving the results. If I get a chance, I'd like to try hydroponics one day.

You should check out @Preston9mm 's journal - he's built out a great attic system from scratch - coco, veg room, flower room, auto drip system, and more!

Lights and seeds are critical - don't skimp on either if you want a great harvest!

I'm using Mars Hydro - and I like their SP 250 of course.

But there is also @Budget LED here you can get a discount from.

Just make sure you get a light with full spectrum, full even coverage and high efficiency!

Are you set for nutrients? Don't spend tons of money on watered down nutes - get Green Leaf Nutrients Mega Crop.

And Green Leaf Nutrients Mega Crop has a lot of support here at 420.

Alright, keep us posted!

Hey @Budget LED - nice to see you work weekends too :)
Haha thanks. I try my best to be responsive on this forum. Without all of you recommending us or selecting us as your light company, we would not be where we are today!

Hello!

I am new to growing and look forward learning.
Welcome! You came to the right place for learning to grow and get alot of great feedback. I reccomend getting a grow bible. Alot of great info and general knowledge.

If you are ever in the market for new lighting, give us a shot. You will not be disappointed.

I started with soil and I'm now in coco and loving the results. If I get a chance, I'd like to try hydroponics one day.

You should check out @Preston9mm 's journal - he's built out a great attic system from scratch - coco, veg room, flower room, auto drip system, and more!

Lights and seeds are critical - don't skimp on either if you want a great harvest!

I'm using Mars Hydro - and I like their SP 250 of course.

But there is also @Budget LED here you can get a discount from.

Just make sure you get a light with full spectrum, full even coverage and high efficiency!

Are you set for nutrients? Don't spend tons of money on watered down nutes - get Green Leaf Nutrients Mega Crop.

And Green Leaf Nutrients Mega Crop has a lot of support here at 420.

Alright, keep us posted!

Thank you for the coco feedback, it seems like it might be the best place to start for my first grow.

I'm look at different seed purveyors and hope to get an order in by tomorrow. As for lights, I appreciate the heads up regarding @Budget LED and I'm checking out the site now.

I'll be sure to research Green Leaf Nutrients!

Welcome! You came to the right place for learning to grow and get alot of great feedback. I reccomend getting a grow bible. Alot of great info and general knowledge.

If you are ever in the market for new lighting, give us a shot. You will not be disappointed.

Thank you @Budget LED I appreciate the welcome!

So my grow area is 5x5 with a ton of room to add an additional tent later. Building out my grow space, which light would make more sense:

1. Series 2+ Red Spec 480 Watt
  2. Series 3 Samsung LM301H 500 Watt
So forgive the complete lack of knowledge, but can I also use either of these lights from seedlings all the way through harvest?

Thank you for the coco feedback, it seems like it might be the best place to start for my first grow.

I'm look at different seed purveyors and hope to get an order in by tomorrow. As for lights, I appreciate the heads up regarding @Budget LED and I'm checking out the site now.

I'll be sure to research Green Leaf Nutrients!

Thank you @Budget LED I appreciate the welcome!

So my grow area is 5x5 with a ton of room to add an additional tent later. Building out my grow space, which light would make more sense:

1. Series 2+ Red Spec 480 Watt
  2. Series 3 Samsung LM301H 500 Watt
So forgive the complete lack of knowledge, but can I also use either of these lights from seedlings all the way through harvest?

Your grow tent is a 5 x 5? The lights you mentioned are both great. I am personally biased to the Red Spec because that is what I use. It produces. However in a 5 x 5, two of our 350w lights would be better.

Either light can be used for full cycle. We would reccomend getting it in the 3500k spectrum.

I reccomend getting a grow bible. Alot of great info and general knowledge.

I've been reading Ed Rosenthal's book and it's been a wealth of information.

Your grow tent is a 5 x 5? The lights you mentioned are both great. I am personally biased to the Red Spec because that is what I use. It produces. However in a 5 x 5, two of our 350w lights would be better.

Either light can be used for full cycle. We would reccomend getting it in the 3500k spectrum.

I was wrong on the tent dimensions, just looked it up: 96"x48"x80"

Based on the above size, would two 350w lights work for overall coverage?

I've been reading Ed Rosenthal's book and it's been a wealth of information.

I was wrong on the tent dimensions, just looked it up: 96"x48"x80"

Based on the above size, would two 350w lights work for overall coverage?

You would want two 480/500w lights to cover that 4 x 8 tent.

You would want two 480/500w lights to cover that 4 x 8 tent.

What are the major differences between between Series 3+ and Series 2+ beyond the watts? Curious if I should wait until you have more of the Series 3 in stock.

Nice, there is a wealth of information here you’ll find useful.

Best of luck with your grow :)

Thank you @Ladon - just checked out your journal, impressive work man. I really appreciate the amount of information you shared.

Back
Top Bottom