Hello there everyone

Been lurking and decided join. I really appreciate the shared knowledge here. I grow for personal use as medicine and relaxation mentally and physically as tending to my plants helps with this. Currently using a 2X2X4 tent with a 1000w LED to save space and it’s enough for my needs. Growing one each of white widow and northern lights feminized from ministry of cannabis. Not a lot of info I can find on these strains from this breeder but that’s ok. I’ll give it a try anyway. Here they are 23 days from seed.

Sunny

Attachments

• 11F96FB6-32DC-4B9F-84C2-D9E3A24055F5.jpeg
    11F96FB6-32DC-4B9F-84C2-D9E3A24055F5.jpeg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 71783C13-C75F-47AD-B100-B385B8755DE8.jpeg
    71783C13-C75F-47AD-B100-B385B8755DE8.jpeg
    917.1 KB · Views: 181
Hello and welcome to the forum. Plant pictures are more pleasing - and it's a lot easier to notice any problems - if you turn the blurple off before picking up the camera. I'm going to assume that the "1000w" number you mentioned is just a lie something you've parroted from a dishonest seller's advertisement, because 250 watts per square foot is a bit much. In the future, to about confusion, please use actual wattage (consumption) when discussing such things (thanks!).

You'll find links to a thread explaining how to create a grow journal thread (and other helpful links) here:

Have fun, (read and) learn a lot, and maybe teach us a thing or two. If you need anything, but cannot find it on your own, just ask. And good luck with your grow!

My apologies. You are correct it is sold as a 1000w led but it only pulls a 150 Watts from the wall if I remember the specifications correctly. First led I have ever bought and it was fairly inexpensive on amazon so I’m hoping for the best This is the first time growing with a led light as well. I’ve grown with my/hips in the past but I like how cool the led stays so far. I’ll get some pics without the blurple light on. Thank you for the welcome and response and I look forward to learning more from others that use led’s

Sunny

Wouldn't be cooler than a 150-watt high pressure sodium, lol. Especially since most folks would move the ballast from one of those out of the tent, but most LEDs of that type have the power supply built into the case and (again, most) people probably don't bother to add longer wires in order to make them removable. Which is fine, as long as the people understand that they don't produce less heat because of some sort of "LED magic," lol; they produce less heat because they're less (IOW, produce less light).

It should be okay in that size space, though. But you might think about adding some small amount of supplemental light within the next two or three weeks. Maybe 50 watts' worth, give or take. A 23-watt CFL in each corner might work really well with that LED product, as long as you were able to keep them close (1" or close to it) to the top of your plants. Or, if they'll fit, maybe a couple of those 2' twin-bulb tube type fluorescent fixtures, one across the left side and one across the right. Anything, really, as long as it is usable as a "grow light." Either way, you could use an equal number of 2,700K and 6,500K bulbs all the way through. Or use all 6,500K until the plants begin flowering and then switch them all to 2,700K. Or even just use all of one or all of the other in attempt to bias your grow slightly - all 2,700K, all the way through, for slightly more yield; or all 6,500K, all the way through, for slightly more compact plants.

Or, again, you could just keep using only the one light. It'll work. Your harvest will just be a little less than it could be.

Welcome

Wouldn't be cooler than a 150-watt high pressure sodium, lol. Especially since most folks would move the ballast from one of those out of the tent, but most LEDs of that type have the power supply built into the case and (again, most) people probably don't bother to add longer wires in order to make them removable. Which is fine, as long as the people understand that they don't produce less heat because of some sort of "LED magic," lol; they produce less heat because they're less (IOW, produce less light).

It should be okay in that size space, though. But you might think about adding some small amount of supplemental light within the next two or three weeks. Maybe 50 watts' worth, give or take. A 23-watt CFL in each corner might work really well with that LED product, as long as you were able to keep them close (1" or close to it) to the top of your plants. Or, if they'll fit, maybe a couple of those 2' twin-bulb tube type fluorescent fixtures, one across the left side and one across the right. Anything, really, as long as it is usable as a "grow light." Either way, you could use an equal number of 2,700K and 6,500K bulbs all the way through. Or use all 6,500K until the plants begin flowering and then switch them all to 2,700K. Or even just use all of one or all of the other in attempt to bias your grow slightly - all 2,700K, all the way through, for slightly more yield; or all 6,500K, all the way through, for slightly more compact plants.

Or, again, you could just keep using only the one light. It'll work. Your harvest will just be a little less than it could be.

I’ve never tried a mh/hps in the lower wattages before but I also had a bit more growing space too. My last grow set up years ago was 600w mh/hps but life happens and had to put growing on the back burner for awhile. Getting back into the swing of things and in a much smaller space so I jumped on the led band wagon lol. Appreciate the additional light suggestions. I’ll prolly add more light as I get them going in flower. I don’t smoke as much as I used to before. Mainly after work and in the evening after a long day but I if my anxiety is up and I got hammering migraine I will medicate. thank you again

Sunny

Typical town on my Island

20191216_082516.jpg20191216_082558.jpg

Newfoundlanders like to name things a little different.

Pic below is called Shag Rock. I live close to towns named Dildo, Come by Chance and Heart's Delight & Heart's Desire.

And if you are not called honey or dear or love or "my lover" by a complete stranger at least 3 times a day you are in the wrong place.

No place like Newfoundland Canada.

20191216_085604.jpg

Typical town on my Island

20191216_082516.jpg20191216_082558.jpg

Newfoundlanders like to name things a little different.

Pic below is called Shag Rock. I live close to towns named Dildo, Come by Chance and Heart's Delight & Heart's Desire.

And if you are not called honey or dear or love or "my lover" by a complete stranger at least 3 times a day you are in the wrong place.

No place like Newfoundland Canada.

20191216_085604.jpg

Aloha GH!!

Absolutely beautiful!! @GHempster Reminds me of Alaska.. that water looks hypothermic for this Hawaiian but give me a thick enough wetsuit and I’m in there like swim wear.
View media item 1736713
View media item 1736714
View media item 1736715
View media item 1736716

OMG maybe that was a mistake. It is way too beautiful there. Now I'm jealous.

On the wet suit, tried that still way too cold in the middle of summer to attempt. There is a handful of people here that actually do dive but they are a breed of their own.

I threatened SweetSue that I was gonna show up on her front lawn as it is so beautiful in Florida where she is but I am thinking I may show up in Hawaii instead. So if strange pale skinned Canadian sleeping on your lawn one morning please don't call the cops as I'm harmless. :lot-o-toke:

Haha I wouldn’t recommend the lawn for sleeping! Our dog likes to take these sneaky shits in the yard.. I guess it’s her way of being courteous? Then again someone always ends up stepping in it and when I say “someone” I mean me because I’m out there trying to clean it up so the kids don’t get into it. Inside is much better.. we got food and weed :laugh:

I’d dive it! Hunt me a cold water cod or flatfish and cook it on the fire.. ocean is just ocean and I was swimming before I was walking as I am told.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom