Help! Leaves with chlorosis and necrosis

jmsofarelli

420 Member
Hello growers!

Disclaimer: I would like to say that I am a complete beginner with almost no experience growing Cannabis.

This girl is an Auto Super Skunk (Geaseeds) and was put in 1L Airpot (with Biobizz Light Mix soil) after seed germination and she was going very well for around 3-4 weeks.
I think at this moment I have overwatered her and decided to make a transplant to a bigger 9L Airpot with "Biobizz All Mix" soil.
I have noticed some tip burns and I guess it happened because "All Mix" has some nutrients in the composition.
The plant has developed reasonably well until it was overwatered again :(
She stayed bad for more than one week and slowly recovered, but with a symptom: some lower leaves were having initially a bit of chlorosis (becoming a bit yellow/orange) and then necrosis.
I though it was some nutrient defficiency so I have decided to feed the plant (for the first time) with 1/3 of the recommended amount of fertilisers (Biobizz Grow, Biobizz Bloom and Biobizz Top-Max).
The plant started to have more chlorosis and necrosis in other leaves (older ones) after some days but I am not sure if the cause was a lack or excess of nutrients or some other issue.
I didn't give any more fertilisers but the situation is getting worse and worse. I did a lot of research but could not get to a conclusion by myself about the cause and how to solve the problem. I feel that if I don't fix the problems it will evolve and the plant may die but if I take the plant decision can also kill the girl.
What should I do? Pleeeese help me!

Notes: I water the plant every second day only with around 0,5L of water at pH 6.2 - 6.8. The environment is kind of stable with humidity around 50% and temperature around 20C (78F). The plant is about 20in distant from the light (SpiderFarmer SF1000 / ~100W LED)
The germination happened around 60 days ago.

Thanks for any input.

menina1.jpg

menina2.jpg

That's toxic salts buildup you got there. She's been on too rich a diet for too long and nutrient salts have built up in the leaves until they start to fry. Just going to progress up the chain and even heavy flushing won't stop it tho will slow the progress. Minerals in tap water can contribute to the problem.

You should remove any badly damaged leaves and even cut off damaged portions from other leaves. Then you can see how much and how fast it is progressing.

:peace:

Yeah I'd guess that the overwatering has made a mess of the roots. Not sure it'll help but I'd probably let the pot dry out fully then give a good soak with 20% run off with a light nutrient solution pH'd at 6.3. She's been severely stunted that's for sure. Learning experience though bud :thumb: @NuttyProfessor you got any thoughts with this one?

Also I'd say the temp is a little low.

I think you have not been watering deep enough , i used those pots before , i had to water low and slow for run off , if you dont go low and slow for run off you will get a build up of nutrients then the plant can not take anything up , the plant then looks hungry then you feed and add to the problem , 0.5 litre will just wet the top , so every thing else is sitting stewing
up potting an auto late on is another big mistake , they stall and flower
Another reason is your heat, low heat they don't suck up as much , get that up to 26/29 then they will take up nutes faster and dry quicker between watering's , water deep let dry water again :goodluck:

How to use it?​

When using All·Mix for the first time, moisten it with water and leave to stand for 36 hours. This gives the Pre·Mix active fertilizer and microorganisms inside the substrate a chance to start working their magic before the plants goes in.

Keep the soil slightly warm at all times – if it’s too cool, the microbial activity slows down, which makes it more difficult for the plants to grow. You also want to allow the soil to dry out between each watering. Because, as the All·Mix substrate dries out, fresh air gets in, which helps the soil to breathe.

I think you have not been watering deep enough , i used those pots before , i had to water low and slow for run off , if you dont go low and slow for run off you will get a build up of nutrients then the plant can not take anything up , the plant then looks hungry then you feed and add to the problem , 0.5 litre will just wet the top , so every thing else is sitting stewing
up potting an auto late on is another big mistake , they stall and flower
Another reason is your heat, low heat they don't suck up as much , get that up to 26/29 then they will take up nutes faster and dry quicker between watering's , water deep let dry water again :goodluck:
Hey NuttyProfessor! I am jmsofarelli, but have decided to create a new username to preserve some privacy! I think you are right :) I was not using too much water but I had the feeling that the soil was always wet close to the ground level. Measuring the weight of the pot using a kitchen scale, it was getting lighter, but maybe because edges tend to dry quicker due to of the holes and my fans. Today my pot was quite light (~3.1kg) I have decided to water it slowly and deeply until some water could run off from the bottom, following your suggestion and @VetSmoke85 :) It was about 1L of water. Let's see how the girl reacts in the next couple of days. I don't have much control over the temperature but its higher theses days, around 24C.

How to use it?​

When using All·Mix for the first time, moisten it with water and leave to stand for 36 hours. This gives the Pre·Mix active fertilizer and microorganisms inside the substrate a chance to start working their magic before the plants goes in.

Keep the soil slightly warm at all times – if it’s too cool, the microbial activity slows down, which makes it more difficult for the plants to grow. You also want to allow the soil to dry out between each watering. Because, as the All·Mix substrate dries out, fresh air gets in, which helps the soil to breathe.
Really cool information, I didn't know that. How much water should I use to moisten the soil? Until I have some run-off?

Well, not good news so far with this ladie :(
After the "light flush" I did, the plant continued to consume the leaves upwards!
Even younger leaves are being consumed as you can see in the picture.
When a leaf is completely dead and dry I cut it out to not block other parts of the plant.
The plant seems to be not growing, except the buds, that are bigger and getting more brown. What that means?
I am waiting to dry a bit more and will water with some basic nutrients and probably add some CalMag
As I don't have any other plant in this stage, I will take it until the last moment! May I get some 10-15g at the end?
Ideas?

menina3.jpg

I hate to say it, (not really), but I told you so. Toxic salts buildup as I said way back.

Feed lighter from the start or suffer the same fate in the next grow.

Better luck next time.

:peace:

That plant is calcium starved either due to salt build up or not feeding enough and watering well with tap water because tap carries all the proper dissolved solids like calcium and magnesium to maintain proper PH and calcium uptake which is much higher during the bloom for certain strains I am going to guess she is a calcium lover. These are mine I grow in Happy Frog with tap water and my plants always look this healthy till harvest.

Back
Top Bottom