Help me grow my weed please

kayciweed

Hi all,

So, I started again with a new light, in this case a Viparspectra 450 watt.

I started the 3 biggest here on a 22w CFL. The two bigger ones being a Northern Lights and a Blue Dream were all good. They are almost 4 weeks old. The smaller is a Chemdawg at around 3 week old. The 2 smaller ones are new as I can already tell these are not going to move.

The issue:

The main 3 seem like they're not growing much and seem to have slowed since about Week 2 or 2.5. I made the mistake of using some nutes in a feed, potentially too early and I'm thinking the burn is due to it and not the light being too close. I'm not sure.

I also felt I overwatered it, but then felt it was underwatering, I find this part so difficult tbh. I follow Emilya's watering advice, but no matter what to this date, I can not grow any biggest than this. Funny shit! At this stage they are not getting a great deal of water as I feel the pots still have water, I water the two bigger ones maybe every 5 to 7 days now. The smaller ones require less more often.

Has anyone got any tips? Does anyone have a feeling on why the edges are browned? If you look closely you can see a brown dot in one of the leaves (middle) which is what is making me think Nute burn.

I am still a new grower and at this stage a little frustrated!

Attachments

• 94688580_587665978512004_3526602736281845760_n.jpg
    94688580_587665978512004_3526602736281845760_n.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • 94772242_241857060346733_6874826164976746496_n.jpg
    94772242_241857060346733_6874826164976746496_n.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 94889305_645354536247446_8429734682681147392_n.jpg
    94889305_645354536247446_8429734682681147392_n.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 94891777_554443071874633_1413298897584914432_n.jpg
    94891777_554443071874633_1413298897584914432_n.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 94978928_235753807647619_9093278671459844096_n.jpg
    94978928_235753807647619_9093278671459844096_n.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 44
oh yeah that helped :rolleyes:

real light pics. pls.

actually i think you might need a real light period.

Natural light helps! Few questions....
What's up with the cup inside the container?
What's your temp? Are they sitting on a concrete or cold floor?
They are a cup inside a cup. The cup inside has holes cut in it, so that I can simply grow the auto in a smaller container, then take it out and replant into a bigger pot without stressing the plant (that's the idea at least). I learned this method from a post here, and tbh prior to doing it like this, my autos would not take off (small plant in big pot).

Temps are around 25 degres, humidity between 60 and 80. They are not on a cold floor, they are sitting in the cupboard, the temperates are not that coldm

I'd be suspicious your cup holes are not big enough and possible root bound.
If you are certain they are big enough I'd suspect over watering.
Yeah certain of that. I suspect you're right, but when does it change? They've been in limbo for a week or so and I've stopped watering the big ones for the most part minus a spray or a few drops (been over 5 days from a proper watering now).

Here are some natural light photos for those who want it.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 82
To answer your question about if the light is too close: for seedlings they say keep them around 30 inches away from the light, and every week you can bring the light an inch or two closer. Most LED lights shouldn't be closer than 18 inches in my opinion. If your plants leaves seem like they have a leathery feel and don't bend easily(feel like they might crack) and don't point slightly upwards then they are probably too close, leaves that are too close to the light tend to sag downwards to escape the light. Are you growing autos or photos? Auto's need nutrients after a week or so, photos usually need it around week two. When you first give nutrients, take the recommended amount on the bottle then cut it in half, and then cut that half down by 1/8. If the plant is looking like a pale green color on top and the bottom leaves are slowly dying, thats usually a sign that they need nutrients or need more nutrients. Are you using bottled water or tap? sometimes tap water has certain chemicals in it that can harm the plant, they say leaving your tap water out for 24 hours can help get rid of those chemicals. Water your plants when they feel light compared to how they feel right after watering. Lastly I noticed your fan is pointed directly at the plants, that would be fine if it was much further away. Instead point it at the wall next to the plants, the indirect wind should be better on your plants.

Oh and btw if the plant is still pretty small like yours, it can take a while for the plant to absorb all the water in a big pot. Sometimes it can take two weeks or more. They say for young and small plants you should water in a small circle around the plant until it can handle more water.

Oh and btw if the plant is still pretty small like yours, it can take a while for the plant to absorb all the water in a big pot. Sometimes it can take almost two weeks. Sometimes its better to water in a small circle around young plants until they can handle more.

I agree to a extent. Yes, exactly what you say for soil but coco needs watered daily n feed daily. Ph 5.8 as well.
In the natural light pic it doesn't look like coco but the pics aren't clear enough for me to make a decision what exactly the medium is.

I agree to a extent. Yes, exactly what you say for soil but coco needs watered daily n feed daily. Ph 5.8 as well.
In the natural light pic it doesn't look like coco but the pics aren't clear enough for me to make a decision what exactly the medium is.
I should of specified my tips were for soil grows, that's my bad

@Marzbadrock here is the link to the soil I'm using. It's the Premium Potting Mix.
I also always PH my watering at 6.5 for soil.

@KevTheMadMan interesting how you said they sag. I've put the light up further around 24 inches roughly now. They are autos.
As for the nutes, I did give them a very low dose and since then (about 2 weeks ago) haven't given more. I'll put the fan towards the wall, I've been doing that mainly anyhow as it seems very strong and lately not using it at all (they are tiny).

Hi everyone and to you @kayciweed. Your plants are stressing a little bit, but it is not yet a crisis. Good eye though, seeing that already a problem is developing.

I think it has been established that this is a soil grow now, and I would like to suggest that the correct place to adjust your pH for your incoming fluids is 6.3 pH. It can be shown that mathematically more nutes are more available at this pH than at any other, but there is a bigger reason to come in at the lower end of the soil scale. Soil has a base pH, usually set up near the high end of the scale, around 6.8 or slightly higher. This is done so that as your soil dries out and indeed immediately after you water at 6.3 pH, the buffers start working and your closed container starts to drift the pH upwards and as it does, it picks up all of the nutrients in their turn, as they become the most mobile to the plant.

As far as fans go, too much breeze of course is a bad thing, but i like to exercise my plants with a good strong oscillating fan hitting them regularly. I don't think it is the fan bothering your plants.

Next, the water. If you and your pets can drink it without dying, it will be fine for your plants in soil. The chlorine or any of the minerals in your water are not going to harm your plant, and in fact your plant can use a lot of what comes in that way, including the chlorine. In soil you do not have to filter or otherwise process your water, unless you wish to encourage beneficial microbes to grow in your soil to enhance your grow, but if you are planning to feed your plants from a bottle, feel free to use your tap water, it is not going to hurt a thing.

79 degrees Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature for cannabis. You are not far enough away from that to have that be a problem. It is not the heat in your room that is the problem.

I don't like the white cups set down into the soil of the next container. The problem is that moisture has been locked in your cups inside of those holes in the larger container, and any runoff is heading straight down into the new soil. Tap roots have no doubt already extended outside of that cup, trying to figure out the space below and chase that water. The roots inside that smaller container are in trouble for three reasons... first, the double insulation has them too wet for too much of the cycle, some of the roots are no doubt beginning to feed outside of the cups, and most importantly, your fast growing auto is already root-bound in those first cups.

You need to get them out of the trainer cups and into the larger container, now, and let those roots start to spread out. Unfortunately, by overthinking this and trying not to stress the roots of your Autos, you will now have to do exactly that. Never fear, the precautions against doing this are mostly a lot of hype and your plants will settle in just fine... give them 12 hours in the new soil and they will take off. Do as you planned and set your plants down in that hole, and try not to wince too hard when some of the roots coming out of the bottom are damaged in the process. Live and learn.

Then after all this, I would like you to read my piece on how to water a small plant in a large container... the link is down below. Good luck!

Bump your temp up to 82 to 84 F.
What medium are you in?
I will need a heater to do that. I'll look into it, thanks.

The medium is around 40% perlite and a premium potting mix found from my local garden store.

The medium is around 40% pearlite

The medium is around 40% perlite and a premium potting mix found from my local garden store.

Hey Kayciweed, nice plants, I listened to your questions, you got some great feedback, that's what I like about our forums just knowledge about the plant. First do you have space for a 3'x3'x6'-5" or a 2'x2'x6'-5" grow tent, the smallest you could get, and a 600w led with separate grow and bloom switch it will give you total coverage in the tent I have used CFL's for grow and bloom: 250w CFL; 6500K and 2700K with reflection wing, 4- 42w/6500k for veg and 4 32w/2700k for flower

Back
Top Bottom