Help me to identify their gender: Suspicious hermie, she has balls

Oh I would cut it to be sure

have you stood inside your grow area at lights out and not been able to see your hand in front of your face ?
If it is indeed 100 percent total darkness , and you are not messing with your light schedule , I would shop for a different bean source .?
.I can‘t imagine the temps hermie in a plant but why are the temps doing that ? Maybe put your fans on the same timer as your lights so they are not cooling your area when the girls are sleeping ?
anyways ..hoping to learn so it doesn’t happen to me sometime hahaha

Check for power strips or anything inside the tent that has a light. Many of people have had grows ruined by a power strip with a light up switch.

The temperature swing shouldn't have a hermie effect. Heck right now I have daytime highs of 75F and lows of 40F without any hermies in my outdoor plants.

In my experience drastic temp change has not caused hermie. I grow outdoors in Cali in the valley. We get days at 70+ and nights at 50 during flower. These temp changes cause leaf tips to turn right or left. If leaf tips "cork screw" its pH issue. Tips fry, over fert...moving on.

Power strips with exposed lights? Are you in a tent? Home made grow box? Closet? Card board box? A yurt? What ya got? I think its possible light intrusion. Temps wouldnt cause it. IMO. I smoke dope soooo...my credibility is out the window with the smoke.

They're under HPS lights, it makes the tent temp. ok but when It goes to night period, temps going down. I'm glad to hear that is not about temperatures.

It looks like power strips. Yes, there is a power strip with a light up switch. I wouldn't have thought a little red light could cause this. Covering it right now...

If I wanna keep this plant, Is there anything to do for it? I'm worried that nothing will be left for smoking except this tiny GDP.

And other question: I have space in my tent for new pots, can I start seedling in 12/12 cycle? :rolleyes:

Those pesky power strips! If you want to keep growing it you would want to go and pick the sacs off of it. Then check it daily or more to make sure new ones don't pop up and open. As for starting a seed under 12/12 I would look for an autoflowering strain. There's some members growing sativas, like haze, under 12/12 from the start. The plant will start to flower as soon as it reaches maturity, this keeps the sativa from getting massive.

OK then let's continue with this hermie and see what's gonna be like. I will check them on a daily basis as you said @The Phantom . 5-6 weeks left to harvest.

I found two spiral energy saver 75W bulbs at home. It's 6400K. I can go with these lights on the 18/6 cycle for the new seeds. But I'm not sure are they be the right choice?

It's something like that:
2155.jpg

By the way, thank you so much for you all.

Hate that this happened to ya :( I had a really big girl last grow that i unknowingly left to close to lights for like a day or 2..was not long and even seemed to recover color nicely and i thought all was well then bam! full out hermie, ended up having white blooms later but anyways i tried all i could these folks are right, once she went it was impossible to keep up with the balls until i finally removed it. And i have a power strip ziptied to a pole in my tent, i wouldnt have dreamed a red light could cause this but im definitely going to take a good, hard look and make sure i have nothing that lights up!! Growing these plants are definitely a learning experience and another reason i love 420magazine so much. Thanks all and hope you have better luck from here out my friend

Yes those should do the trick to start seeds under and even veg. Have the bulb lay flat over top the plant instead of vertical like you would normal do with a light bulb, it gives off light much better that way. You can also place the bulbs pretty close (fee inches) to keep them from stretching.

Yes those should do the trick to start seeds under and even veg. Have the bulb lay flat over top the plant instead of vertical like you would normal do with a light bulb, it gives off light much better that way. You can also place the bulbs pretty close (fee inches) to keep them from stretching.
I did some trim on the hermie by cutting off the lower branches and colored flowers just in case if they seeded. Also, I moved hermie to the wardrobe. There is not good air circulation there but better than seeded the GDP. There are no balls for 2 days... (fooling myself :D)

As I mentioned in the first post, was changed the light cycle 12/12 on 25 Nov just because autos and photoperiods were together.
Now, this little Auto is alone in a 4x4 tent under HPS light. I wanna use the tent for new seeds.

My question is If I change the light cycle back to 18/6 does it hurt the Auto? And putting the new seeds in a corner in the tent, does HPS kill the new seeds? Corners having a little less light than the middle. Or covering the top of the new seeds with something like... Like transparent paper or some?

What Phantom said ..I treat autos like photos ..probably shouldn’t ...but I do ...if you put her back on 16 she could reveg, hermie , or bloom . Tough to know what they think particularly because genetic, same strain even , can be so different plant to plant
..I think with your shitty luck with hermies you should probably just let her ride on whatever she’s on ? Good luck !

I figure out that why they turned into hermies. First, closer lights and second, light leaks. There is also another factor which is high humidity at the night time about 80~ but this seemed a lower possibility to me...

I'm pretty sure the stress caused that. So, I have 1 regular Thai Stick (hermie) and seeded 1 auto GDP now.

I'm reading the topics for a few days, natural hermie seeds can go most likely hermie again but how about stressed one's? I'd like to plant them If there is a high possibility to success like %80 fem... What do you think?

And I will have Auto Fem GDP seeds from this GDP plant, right? Just curious. I see huge seeds on GDP and all those seeds could be enough for a life time. lol

I have only 1 thai stick and 1 handicapped little GDP now. :(:(:( If I grow that hermie, can I have mostly female seeds or pulling the balls out could be a solution?
Depending on size of plant and amount of balls it can be difficult to find them all. All it takes is one to pop open and all your girls will be pollinated you some degree.
That will produce airy buds with seeds and no kick.
Personally if something has balls I get rid of it like lightning. While you are taking pics and talking about him he is trying desperately to get laid. And there is no such thing as a pot contraceptive. Showing him the door is best heartbreaking as it is.

I figure out that why they turned into hermies. First, closer lights and second, light leaks. There is also another factor which is high humidity at the night time about 80~ but this seemed a lower possibility to me...

I'm pretty sure the stress caused that. So, I have 1 regular Thai Stick (hermie) and seeded 1 auto GDP now.

I'm reading the topics for a few days, natural hermie seeds can go most likely hermie again but how about stressed one's? I'd like to plant them If there is a high possibility to success like %80 fem... What do you think?

And I will have Auto Fem GDP seeds from this GDP plant, right? Just curious. I see huge seeds on GDP and all those seeds could be enough for a life time. lol
If you grow Hermie seeds from a Hermie plant you will be disappointed guaranteed.
Imo they are garbage. I dont know what would happen if you took clones from a Hermie. You could grow a couple back to veg and try. I’ll look into that and get back to you.

If you grow Hermie seeds from a Hermie plant you will be disappointed guaranteed.
Imo they are garbage. I dont know what would happen if you took clones from a Hermie. You could grow a couple back to veg and try. I’ll look into that and get back to you.
Ok from what I have found if the Hermie isn’t genetic ie stress related it is possible to take a clone and reveg it and remove the Hermie trait. I think it will be more susceptible to stress but no experience with it.
If your access to viable seeds is limited then you can try cloning her. Perhaps there is someone here who has done it and can advise.

the more hermie crap out there the more we fuck the genetics. stop the madness. lord jah..

Back
Top Bottom