Help needed

hi what does GLR stand for?
thanks for the info. what can i do about pic 3?? none on the other plant have this. how many plants do you grow in your room?

yup jandres right about the flower they are looking good, glr is gas light routine( not sure about the last word) but its a light schedual 12Hrs on 1hr off 5.5 on 5.5 off then then repeat cycle I havent tried it yet, but everyone here seems to rave about it. so your gonna have to lst them as best as you can to keep the height down. hope this helps :)

hi what does GLR stand for?
thanks for the info. what can i do about pic 3?? none on the other plant have this. how many plants do you grow in your room?

Gas Lantern Routine. Basically it's 12/12 with an hour of lights on in the middle of the dark period for vegging plants.

About pic 3: damage done. Can't be fixed.

Nope, GLR, or 12-1 pushes the plant just to the brink of flowering, but the 1 hour at night keeps it from going over into flower. Get's great growth, and when you flip to flower, the longest I've seen was a 90% Sativa that took 5 days in transition, vs. 2-3 weeks otherwise. And that was an 11 week plant... Very Slow Growing.

So I think that being so quick to transition, there is no time between Veg to Flower so there's very little time to stretch before full flower mode sets in.

i see very intesting jandre you seem to know every thing, can i have this weeks lotto numbers lol.
i got this slow drip system that you connect to a tank for when i next go away it was £5 on ebay with 10 drip wires
wired it up yesurday it is like 1 drip every 10secs all seems ok at the mo

hmmm... is there a way to slow that some? Maybe 1 drip every 30sec or so?

If not, put the ends down near the bottom of the pot and let it drip into the saucer. That should be okay, I think to tide them over if you go on holiday again.

I fear that if left in the top, the pot will stay too wet the whole way through and cause some pithium problems. Root rot is a bugger on plants.

ok jandre i can slow the drip down will try 1 drip every 30secs i dont go away untill 18th so i will test it and make sure they down dry up.
if i wanted to do a grow in the winter we would only get 8hours of light would that be ok or do you need 12 min?? thanks

hey rd hope you are doing well and your grow is going good.just a quick question,i have decided to force flower in two weeks time and heard a surface dressing of sulphate of potash will help things along.is this true and how much should i use?

hey rd hope you are doing well and your grow is going good.just a quick question,i have decided to force flower in two weeks time and heard a surface dressing of sulphate of potash will help things along.is this true and how much should i use?

Anything which will up your Phosphate equal to, or above Nitrogen, and make the Potassium about 20% higher than those will help flowering cannabis. Basically you should be looking to LOWER N, and raise P and K.

Also putting the plants into a dark room for 12 hours a night for the WHOLE time they are flowering will force them to flower. Once the nighttime lengths get to 12+ hours a night, you can leave them outside as long as temperatures will not get below 12.8*C. Any colder than that might cause damage to the plant. At 13.3 they will start to purple, if it in the phenotype to do so, and the others will turn blue or red. At 10 they will start to sustain damage. At 7.2 they could sustain enough cold damage to die.

hi greenhouse the best guy to ask is jandre i only know what he has told me.

thanks
ps my grow seems to be going very well.
i have put 2 plants in a dark room for 12/12 and all seems good

hi greenhouse the best guy to ask is jandre i only know what he has told me.

thanks
ps my grow seems to be going very well.
i have put 2 plants in a dark room for 12/12 and all seems good

:cheesygrinsmiley: thanks for the props!
Glad everything is well with your plants! Here's some grow-green energy, give some love to your plants for me, huh?

hi here is a photo update
one for my plants has gone werid i am looking for the answer from the master (jandre)
100_37123.JPG
100_37092.JPG
100_37105.JPG

here are my cutting 2 weeks old
100_3711.JPG

and here are my 12.12 day 26
100_37064.JPG
100_37073.JPG
100_37081.JPG

100_37053.JPG

Hmmm... I can't remember, you're in soil in the greenhouse, right?

Yeah, I see now.. Maybe a Phosphorus Deficiency... Flush your pots with 3x more water than the volume of your pots, and 3 days later feed as normal. If it progresses, up your phosphorus.

With the others flowering like they are and this one not, I would suspect N is too high as well, and K might be too low, too.

Here is a ready reckoner for Cannabis plant and pest problems. It has been put together by a master grower. I have edited for content and added to as needed. I hope you learn from this treatise.

<snip>
Phosphorus (P) Mobile Element and Macro Element

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most important parts of Phosphorus is: It aids in root growth and influences the vigour of the plant and is
one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate seedlings.
Phosphorus is an essential plant nutrient, and since it is needed in large amounts, it is classified as a macronutrient. Phosphorus is a MAJOR important nutrient in the plants reproductive stages. Without this element the plants will have a lot of problems blooming without proper levels of Phosphorus.

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size of your plants. Not enough causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of Phosphorus causes slow growths in leaves that may or may not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or half of the leaves can be brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl up in the air a bit. Fan leaves will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue colour to them. Sometimes the stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus deficiency. This isn’t a sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show the red petioles and stems from its genes.
So pretty much the overall dark green colour with a purple, red, or blue tint to the fan leaves is a good sign of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome for plants.
Many people get a Phosphorus deficiency confused with a fungus problem because the ends of the leaves look like a fungus problem, But the damage occurs at the end of the leaves. side of the leaves and has a glass like feeling to it as if it had a ph problem. Parts affected by a phosphorus deficiency are: Older Leaves, Whole plant, Petioles.

Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc, potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates when concentrated and combined with calcium

Problems with Phosphorus being locked out by PH troubles
Cold wet soils, acid or very alkaline soils, compacted soil.

Soil

Phosphorus gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Phosphorus is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-7.5 (wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Phosphorus gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5.
Phosphorus is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0- 5.8. (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix. Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal, which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrous Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

Organic

Dr. Hornby's Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Note: Blood Meal, Dried Blood, Guanos, Kelp Meal, Cotton Seed Meal, Peat Moss,
Sulfur and fish meal are all acidic and can bring your ph down, so if you add these please monitor your ph when using those.

Note: Bone Meal, Rock Phosphate, Wood Ashes pretty much all ashes, Shellfish Compost and Crab Meal are all alkaline and can make your ph go up, so if you add any of these please monitor your ph.

Picture 1 is a Phosphorus deficiency during vegetative growth.
Picture 2 is what a phosphorus deficiency looks like in flowering.

(Picture 1 is Mine)
1134Phosphorus-deficiency1.jpg

1134nl-Phosphorous2.jpg

<snip>

These pictures is what heat stress looks like.
Only way to fix this is to Move the lights away from the plant!
And get better ventalation, and or add more fans! Heat - If the lights are too close to the plant, the tops may be curled,
dry, and look burnt, mimicking a
nutrient problem. Your hand should not feel hot after a minute when you hold it at the top of the plants.

(Picture 1 and 2 Provided by Mosfed)
1134heat-stress-RD1.jpg

1134Heat-stress-2.jpg

The above was from:

Note with the heat stress, the curling of the leaf along the length. I noticed the same in your plants. Are you sure it's not getting above 30C in there?

hi
my plants are in flower pots with peat. i use rain water to water them with and put 1 cap full of the feed every second feed. i will just use water for the next 3 watering times. do i just leave the bad leafs on the plant or pick them off???

hi
my plants are in flower pots with peat. i use rain water to water them with and put 1 cap full of the feed every second feed. i will just use water for the next 3 watering times. do i just leave the bad leafs on the plant or pick them off???

To pull them would be best, as after they're damaged, they will just suck water and nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom