Help needed

hi no it is set at 25. all the other plants are fine. i will pull the leafs off tomorrow and keep an eye on it. thanks

ps well done on being member of the month:thumb:

hi no it is set at 25. all the other plants are fine. i will pull the leafs off tomorrow and keep an eye on it. thanks

ps well done on being member of the month:thumb:

Hmmm... do you have a digi thermometer with a memory? I'd like to see if it's getting above 28 during the day. Or do you have some kind of climate control in there?

Hey! Thanks for the praise! It means a lot to me.

hi the temp is 25 in the day. i have pulled the bad leafs off and it looks like the plant is dieing :phew: it was my biggest plant i am gutted i am hoping it mite come back

may the force be with the plant and i wish her a speedy recovery,the plants look really well formed,like a buxom maid from days of yore.do you have anythiing in your post about how to get the top bud too be so big and healthy?

hi the temp is 25 in the day. i have pulled the bad leafs off and it looks like the plant is dieing :phew: it was my biggest plant i am gutted i am hoping it mite come back

What method do you use to test if they need water.

Also, what are you feeding them, now? have you switched nutrients or strength lately?

hi
i use rain water so i have never tested it, all other plants are fine. i have been feeding with this feed
feed2.JPG

hi
i use rain water so i have never tested it, all other plants are fine. i have been feeding with this feed
feed2.JPG

NPK: 5-3-8 + micro nutrients pretty good for flower food as well. Might think about adding a little Potash, though.

As for method, regardless of what water is used, how are you testing to see if it needs water?

i test to see if they need water by looking at the peat if it is dry and i can see a gap between the pot and peat then i water to the top of pot.??? i will check my plant in abit it didnt look good last night

i test to see if they need water by looking at the peat if it is dry and i can see a gap between the pot and peat then i water to the top of pot.??? i will check my plant in abit it didnt look good last night

To test in the future, there are two really good ways. One is simple, stick your finger down to the second knuckle, half way between the edge of the bucket and the trunk of the plant, and remove. If it is moist, no water is needed. If it is dry, add water

The other is very simple, yet unless you know the weight by feel of a dry bucket, I would suggest the first... Lift! If it feels light, add water, if it is heavy, leave it.

I'm thinking the problem is the the peat. It stays really wet/moist, and can cause some nutrient problems as well. I would suggest trying some other medium in your pots in the future to alleviate that problem.

hi here are some photos from the pot to the top lower leafs look ok to me
100_37302.JPG
100_37311.JPG
view from the top

looking at these photos it really looks as though it's getting too hot at the tops, like there's a "Hot Spot" in your greenhouse... Still researching about top-to-bottom necrosis, and up-curling of leaves, and there's a LOT to cover...

If it's not heat, then, I would think it's phosphorus.

Okay, we need to go back to basics here... What's your runoff pH? have you tested it lately?

I think I'm gonna summon some help with this one... OldMedMan is pretty good in soil, let's see what he has to say.

Hi Guys.

I'm at a loss too. jandre, you have covered everything I would have and truthfully more.

Last resort...move the plant to a different location and see what happens. Sure looks like heat to me. OMM
:smokin:

hi i will move the plant tomorrow if it is root rot is there any thing i can do to save her

Maybe... 1/4 cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in a gallon of water(60ml 3% H2O2 in 3.785 L). But it will also sterilize your soil as well. You'd have to rebuild the beneficial microbes again.

Back
Top Bottom