Help please?

judemon

Im about 6-7 weeks at the most into the grow cycle.. for the inital 5 weeks I was mostly giving the lil guy 24 hours direct. For the past 8 days ive been doing strict 18 - 6. Im wondering why my plant looks so healthy but its slow growth in height might have something to do with the light cycle? I want to know how long untill I will be able to flower and I cant judge the strain to see if its a small bushy guy or is just taking its time to sprout. Let me hear some intellectual opinions

20131117_105545.jpg

View image in gallery

Yeah we all love the ladies mon. Im feelin her vibes no worries. Apprciate the advice! Shes looking like she gon be a good one

Hi judemon.

Let me start by welcoming you to :420:!

Photo's would be beneficial to us helping you figure out what's going on with your plant and offer thoughts on when you should best induce flowering. It would also help if we knew what kind of lighting your using.

One thought I can offer is that having never grown an auto (photoperiod only for me) I have noticed that my plants really seem to enjoy a dark period. I can't offer any scientific facts, but any growth I see, seems to occur overnight. Perhaps the 24 hrs of light has slowed their growth some. Have you noticed any changes in the plant in the last week of 18/6?

Technically, I believe you can begin 12/12 any time, but doing so too early may not benefit your yield.

I'll check back later for some photos.

Be well and again, welcome to 420 Magazine.

Im also using a fertilizer high in nitrate used for mums every few waterings. Its a mist squirt to just dampen the leaves and soil with its wonders. Its been working great. She seems really healthy and very light green toward the center of the sprout. Do you recommend more light fixtures? And also. What is the best ph level for this point in grow added to sterile spring water? What to use etc etc

Is that good? Or lower? What if the leaves start to burn? Should I up the ph? Or just higher the light at that point

HI judemon,
I agree with ricorico, you can lower that light to within a few inches of the plant. If you are worried about heat, place your hand just above the plant and under the light and if it feels uncomfortable then raise the light a little. CFL's don't give off a lot of heat.
Also, just wanted to mention that CFL bulbs give most of their best energy from the side of the bulb. If you invest in a "y" socket adapter for a couple of bucks you can get two CFL bulbs in there and they will be at an angle where you can maximize your usage of the bulbs. I have the same reflector units that you are using and I have two bulbs in each one.
Hope this helps some and Welcome aboard!!:thumb:

Are you sure your bulb is not 46w = 120 incandescent? you can get a 125w grow cfl and molge socket fixture for like $50-60 US. the blub can be up graded all the way to 700w + (industrial cfl) if you really look. molge socket with cord for $15. for a few bucks more than household cfls you can get better.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom