Help - Replace 2x VipSp. 600w with 1x Mars 2 1600w?

vyserage

So from just looking at it myself, i can see the mars seems to outperform in umol's hands down. What do you guys think, is it a damn good replacement or just a 'ok' replacement? For example would you say i could get a 20% increase in bud quantity by using the mars over 2 vipars in my 48x48x96 tent? (4x4 tent)

Here is some quick info on both lights:

Vipar:
draw: 276 watts

And here is the Mars 2 1600
Draw power 110V:Growth:427W±5%|Bloom:632W±5%/ 220V:Growth429W±5%|Bloom:630W±5%

Its prety clear that the mars is the better light in both wavelength and umol's/par. I dont however know how to factor in that i have 2 vipars and not just 1. Also you will notice the vipar reading is at 24' and mars is at 18', but even if the vipars were at 18' i doubt they would be over 1100 umols.

From my point of view if im not wrong, with the mars even in my corners of my 4x4 i would be getting 1200 umol's at 18'! With my vipars, not even 100 (although i have 2 in there so a bit higher likely). Is that accurate or am i mis-reading?

And thus here i am, trying to figure out if upgrading to a single mars and retireing the 2 vipars is an 'upgrade'!

So from just looking at it myself, i can see the mars seems to outperform in umol's hands down. What do you guys think, is it a damn good replacement or just a 'ok' replacement? For example would you say i could get a 20% increase in bud quantity by using the mars over 2 vipars in my 48x48x96 tent? (4x4 tent)

Here is some quick info on both lights:

Vipar:
draw: 276 watts

And here is the Mars 2 1600
Draw power 110V:Growth:427W±5%|Bloom:632W±5%/ 220V:Growth429W±5%|Bloom:630W±5%

Its prety clear that the mars is the better light in both wavelength and umol's/par. I dont however know how to factor in that i have 2 vipars and not just 1. Also you will notice the vipar reading is at 24' and mars is at 18', but even if the vipars were at 18' i doubt they would be over 1100 umols.

From my point of view if im not wrong, with the mars even in my corners of my 4x4 i would be getting 1200 umol's at 18'! With my vipars, not even 100 (although i have 2 in there so a bit higher likely). Is that accurate or am i mis-reading?

And thus here i am, trying to figure out if upgrading to a single mars and retireing the 2 vipars is an 'upgrade'!

Hi!

I m not an expert but I have done tons of researches about led lights to buy the best for the bucks for my grow. The thing you have to think about is that in fact the mars Hydro is more powerful but the problem is that you will have to put it higher than the viperspectra if you don't want to burn your plants. Secondly, with two lights you can place then in a smart way and have better covering imo.

Last point. If you have time have a look at my grow journal. The last 2 pages should be enough. I give links about light test on YouTube. If you want the short story I would advice 600w white full spectrum led. Buy 2 or 4 depending on your budget. Tests show better results with white full spectrum than red and blue. Take a look on YouTube that's where I could get good info with people making tests with measurements. If you have time to look at my journal (in my signature) you will see I could even experiment in my grow that two plants had parts that grew stronger and taller than the rest. This happened just because they had beeb under a brand new white full spectrum 600w led light for 2 weeks! I was amazed and it confirmed what I had seen on YouTube. Anyway trust me you won't be disappointed and I think for the money you may even be able to take more than 2 as they are not expensive for what they worth (amazon)

The 2 points you made in the beginning:

They would be just fine at 18' above canopy and since its led, less heat to begin with, so that point doesnt really apply to me and even if i had to hang higher, i can as i put 2 holes in the top of my tent to hang the light straps all the way to ceiling so i can pull the lights all the way to the top of the tent if need be (doubt i would ever need to tho)

Secondly: that mars hydro has amazing coverage in umol's int he corners, are you saying in my 4x4 tent that 1k plus umol isnt enough? With my 2 Vipars i have dark corners and those umol's drop down quite fast in comparison the further out it goes. With the mars in a 4x4 tent its already covering everything, so 2 lights arent needed if you have 1 of those. Although i did think of putting 2 of them in there! lol it would be sooo overkill, i wont do it tho cause thats just too much money and a waste imo.

Regarding your last point, i may need to look into the whole bright light thing, but for now im just focusing on the absolute best single light that fully covers a 4x4 tent without needing any supplement, has beautiful umol coverage even in corners and is less than $500, $600 being the max (out the door). I'm wanting the best yield/quality i can get.

The 2 points you made in the beginning:

They would be just fine at 18' above canopy and since its led, less heat to begin with, so that point doesnt really apply to me and even if i had to hang higher, i can as i put 2 holes in the top of my tent to hang the light straps all the way to ceiling so i can pull the lights all the way to the top of the tent if need be (doubt i would ever need to tho)

Secondly: that mars hydro has amazing coverage in umol's int he corners, are you saying in my 4x4 tent that 1k plus umol isnt enough? With my 2 Vipars i have dark corners and those umol's drop down quite fast in comparison the further out it goes. With the mars in a 4x4 tent its already covering everything, so 2 lights arent needed if you have 1 of those. Although i did think of putting 2 of them in there! lol it would be sooo overkill, i wont do it tho cause thats just too much money and a waste imo.

Regarding your last point, i may need to look into the whole bright light thing, but for now im just focusing on the absolute best single light that fully covers a 4x4 tent without needing any supplement, has beautiful umol coverage even in corners and is less than $500, $600 being the max (out the door). I'm wanting the best yield/quality i can get.

When I talked about the risk to burn the plants I was thinking about lumens. In fact leds can be placed pretty close but if the plant receives more than 100000 lux constantly it can have severe light burn. I had this problem before I bought a lux meter. Anyway you should take the mars Hydro as you already seem sold to it! Take a look at the YouTube videos of the guy I linked in my thread.... He has some tests with lux measurements etc.... That's only facts

Ooooh yeah, I completely forgot about the 100k lux burn haha. I'll need to look into that but ya you are correct, I do seem pretty sold on the Mars lol. I would be very happy with roughly 1200 umols across entire canopy the entire grow. I don't have c02 so not like I can take advantage of that 1500plus umol but I still enjoy knowing with the Mara im there or damn near it!

Don't trust those charts from Mars, they are lying!

Notice how they ommit common geometry, 5,5 x 5,5 is not 4 times bigger than 4,5 x 4,5, at all....

This has been brought to Mars' attention, but they don't seem to care about misleading customers.

Don't trust those charts from Mars, they are lying!

Notice how they ommit common geometry, 5,5 x 5,5 is not 4 times bigger than 4,5 x 4,5, at all....

This has been brought to Mars' attention, but they don't seem to care about misleading customers.

Thats probablly why they have discontinued production of them and have the new pro series, which i still question tbh. I havent made any rash decisions of purchasing yet, the more i think about mars, the more i hate how a decent amount of reviews show parts breaking within 1-2 years and requrieing you to fix the lights yourself (which isnt that bad but its still a con). Each day i get more and more turned off to the mars company. I was thinking maybe i could get away with 1 of these vs 2 of those diy kits you have shown me haha, would save 100 bucks but i mean 1-2 years and parts break? thats kinda bs. So much for 50k hours lol.

Hey, here is a good news about our 420 promotion.

10% off based on our official website: www.mars-hydro.com
You can use discount codes'Cathy" to get that price during 20th--22th in this month. We have never gave so big discount before . Paypal can be used our website. If you want to use card, pls email me, we will send you invoice to help you make the payment. My email: 420flower@mars-hydro.com

Back
Top Bottom