Help with first time DWC grow pH level

Igot1two

So I can't control my ph level. I'll get it to around 5.6 every morning and by the next it's risen way out of control. Im into this 3 weeks with 1/4 strength in the nutrients changing water every 7 days just to be comfortable with myself ppm is around 379. Please help I don't want to ruin a first attempt at such an amazing thing.

So that is a big difference from 10 pm last night was around 379 right now as I check it's at a 318 normal. Wow ok so more nutes how do I go about that I've been using 1/4 of recommended so what would I do double it I just changed res water last night ?

Wow! Thats fast. Ive never experienced that. Guess ive been lucky so far bumbling through dwc. Its fun but can be nerve wracking if you have any kind of ocd. lol
just saw your other post... Yeah, i pull about a half gallon or more out and dilute my nutes into that before pouring into the rez. I hate wasting ro so if i just changed the rez i wont do a switchout but you cant add nutes directly to the rez.

Solid advice rhetorrikz. I was only speaking of my methods Igot1two. I am very new to dwc and only have a few other grows under my belt. I do not want to steer anyone wrong. Like i said, ive been lucky so far and i overkill the research.
BTW how do your roots look and smell? I know sometimes root issues can cause ph fluctuations.

Good to know and yeah I'll have to see if some more comments come in. I was worried also that When I switched res I also switched containers moved to light proof 5 gal bucket. But when doing so notice a slight slime on air lines and looked like a bit on bottom of net pot but didn't check that 100%. Did some looking and thought that maybe it was an algae but today water is clear net pots aren't slick seems ok??? I don't know just a bunch of questions questions questions. Could that be contributing to ph imbalance? Should I add a few teaspoons of h202? I mean I can read a bunch of research but need some real skilled knowledge all is welcome thank you

Yeah i would wait. I definitely dont want to be a contributing factor to the collapse of your grow. I run a living rez so cant speak about H2O2 or its usage. Good luck bro. Ill check back to see what others have to say.

0322162240a_HDR.jpg
0322162239.jpg

The bottom pic doesn't show well but at the bottom of net pot roots seem to be yellowish slight hint of brown and the top photo the roots are as white as the clouds

Your plants dont look old enough to need more nutes yet so hold up on that too... are your net pots submerged in the res .. if so lower the res level and let the roots grow down into it.. have you got plenty of air stones in there? Water temp ? Is very important also. What nutes are you using? Have you read up on live or sterile res and which way youd like to go?

Net pots are 2-3 inches above water give or take a little. Have double air stones in each bucket with 20-60 gal air pumpwater temp in the area of 69. Also using the 3 step general hydroponics. And the live or sterile red is New t9 me know nothing of the two sorry but I am ignorant in the aspect of that.

Going for a steriLe may have to go with a live route with a brew tea... So I checked earlier it was back up to 6.49 damn...

Back
Top Bottom