First DWC

What do you guys keep the humidity at in your area during flower while the lights are on and the lights being off?
I usually have it between 30 and 40. I have never paid attention to whats happening at night. I know its different, but ive also never had an issue with mold. If you are always between 30 and 40 I feel pretty comfortable in saying you'll be good unless your plant is sensitive to mold.

I live in Southern California so the RH favors the dry side. We just had major winds and my humidity is under 20. To control your humidity you can do a few things... pick a strain that is good against fungus (mildew isn't really driven by RH so much. Silica will help with that). Dial in your environment. Make sure you have a positive air intake and in this instance, make sure you have a very positive exhaust. I use two fans for this in my closet. Works killer. An air conditioner can dry the air a bit, but its awkward in a tent. You usually have an exhaust of hot air from the AC that needs a place to go , and they need a way to collect the water. I use a dehumidifier. It works well, but takes a lot of power, and again you will have condensate water to get rid of. A lot of these have a built in bucket you can dump. Mine blows out warm air that could be an issue in a tight space.

Silica is the Swiss army knife of nutrients. Helps with heat, helps with cold, drought, overwatering, sucking bugs and systemic pathogens. Its an amazing thing. Someday you should give it a try. If you do, don't bother with those made from Potassium. Get the process made from monosilicic acid. It costs more but its so much better.

Ty for your reply I can keep the conditions perfect during the day around 50% Rh my problem is as soon as the lights go out and I make it dark for the 12 hrs my rh shoots up to 70% I have a few fans running around the tent at night

Check this out...

And a photo of the meters showing the vitals
20201129_134553.jpg

Check this out...

And a photo of the meters showing the vitals
20201129_134553.jpg
Damn thank you stltoed for that definitely more then I expected and by the way very nice setup you got. My tent is in my room cause I live in a apartment but watching your video has definitely given me a few ideas

Damn thank you stltoed for that definitely more then I expected and by the way very nice setup you got. My tent is in my room cause I live in a apartment but watching your video has definitely given me a few ideas
Shit.... if you like videos!
Here are a couple more i did this week. The PK vid is kind of a broader explanation of my shed the scrog one is just me loaded thinking about my next step

Shit.... if you like videos!
Here are a couple more i did this week. The PK vid is kind of a broader explanation of my shed the scrog one is just me loaded thinking about my next step

I'm jealous of your setup wish I had more room growing in a apartment kinda sucks wanted to keep my tent out of sight to visitors so only logical place was my bedroom but it seems to be working

I'm jealous of your setup wish I had more room growing in a apartment kinda sucks wanted to keep my tent out of sight to visitors so only logical place was my bedroom but it seems to be working
There's always gonna be better stuff out there. Maybe they can grow more, or he spent a fortune on cool lights. My shed is a work in progress, that started over 3 years ago. Just always buy good stuff and know how to put it to use. You can grow killer quality bud. Just grow the best bud you can

At the stage you're at, I run, 1ml Silica, 2ml Calmag, 4ml Micro, 4ml Grow, 2ml Bloom. With 2 gallon RO this equals roughly 0.6ec ( I run this until the 4th day after flip, then the proportions change. Every strain and environment is different but my ec would be about 0.6 for your stage and continue to rise to 0.8 through veg.
For res sterilization I use 35% H2O2 at 1ml per gallon. Really recommend it over hydroguard for 2 reasons, price and i don't use bennies in my res. Complicates things imo.

EDIT. Just saw you are transitioning to flowering. The guys seems to have you covered though so thats good. I use 1ml silica 2ml calmag 3ml micro 3ml grow 3 ml bloom as my proportions for week 1 of flower. I also use liquid koolbloom starting the 2nd week, its good stuff.

There's always gonna be better stuff out there. Maybe they can grow more, or he spent a fortune on cool lights. My shed is a work in progress, that started over 3 years ago. Just always buy good stuff and know how to put it to use. You can grow killer quality bud. Just grow the best bud you can
Yeah I know just wishful thinking lol

Yeah I know just wishful thinking lol
If you stick with it you'll be all dialed in, and someone will feel the same about you. You definitely have a lot of potential

At the stage you're at, I run, 1ml Silica, 2ml Calmag, 4ml Micro, 4ml Grow, 2ml Bloom. With 2 gallon RO this equals roughly 0.6ec ( I run this until the 4th day after flip, then the proportions change. Every strain and environment is different but my ec would be about 0.6 for your stage and continue to rise to 0.8 through veg.
For res sterilization I use 35% H2O2 at 1ml per gallon. Really recommend it over hydroguard for 2 reasons, price and i don't use bennies in my res. Complicates things imo.

EDIT. Just saw you are transitioning to flowering. The guys seems to have you covered though so thats good. I use 1ml silica 2ml calmag 3ml micro 3ml grow 3 ml bloom as my proportions for week 1 of flower. I also use liquid koolbloom starting the 2nd week, its good stuff.
Thank you Tyson may pick some up Kool bloom next weekend

Back
Top Bottom