Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

I'm using filtered well water.PH is around 6. Im hoping to get by with just OC+ but we will see how it goes.

Mr.BlueDog..

Your Ladiez are looking good Sir.. !! .. I took a few new Pictures of my Ladiez in the Flowering Tent and Posted them up in my Journal.. But I wanted to throw a Picture of my *SilverHaze* Lady @ 25 Days into 12/12,, thought you might be interested.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, my Friend.. ..

High da goon and welcome to my grow!

What you say resonates with me, because how could you translate indoor flowering times to outdoor times if you count by when you switched the lights? Plus it makes my buds look better if they're not so far along :)

I've never tried the dark period, although my last grow I left some of them in very limited lighting for a few days while I was harvesting, just what leaked in through the shades.

What did the trichs look like when you harvested your lucy? I think I'll strive for maximum impact with her... half amber?

It will be fun having a grow where the trichs actually turn amber in quantity, haven't been able to accomplish that yet. :wood:

Thanks for your kind words and hope you stick around.

At the most, I had maybe 25% amber. The dark period really leaves the girls all wet and sticky, and I like my girls wet and sticky.
Look at taking a small sample around 7 weeks after your first flowers and you'll get a good idea of what's coming. You won't be disappointed.:cool:

Thanks buddy, I left a few lower growth on the LS just so I could sample some in the very near future. "all in the name of science" lol

Take care amigo. :cool:

That was some excellent planning Dr. Sisco! :tokin::tokin::tokin:

Mr.BlueDog..

Your Ladiez are looking good Sir.. !! .. I took a few new Pictures of my Ladiez in the Flowering Tent and Posted them up in my Journal.. But I wanted to throw a Picture of my *SilverHaze* Lady @ 25 Days into 12/12,, thought you might be interested.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, my Friend.. ..

Hi Mr. RedDawg thanks for dropping by!

She looks so much better than my girls I want to cry :)

I'll be stopping over to check things out, you always have the coolest pics. LED's rock.

:peace: to you my friend

At the most, I had maybe 25% amber. The dark period really leaves the girls all wet and sticky, and I like my girls wet and sticky.
Look at taking a small sample around 7 weeks after your first flowers and you'll get a good idea of what's coming. You won't be disappointed.:cool:

Ok I think I'll have to try this out... 3 days you say? I'm guessing you mean total darkness? How about temps?

What do you think is happening to the plant during this time? Our plants continue to amaze me.

:peace:

Hey Blue :hmmmm:

The dark period! Here's what I know......and this is not counting OC+.
Supposedly you put them in the dark for 2 or 3 days, having flushed them and have not watered them for a day or two. The idea is to have the plant try to save themselves having no water they send the last of their water an nutes to the top of the plant to save the buds..
That's the idea!
However with you not even in soil, I don't see the point in it. Both of us are using OC+ and flushing would do no good. Last grow, I didn't flush at all, the OC+ would just release more nutes. It didn't seem to effect the taste of my buds.

With Hempy you might be able to do something.

My first two grows I did the flush and the darkness too. My 2 cents worth.

I read somewhere that the reason to put them in dark for a day or 2 is for the plant to use up it's nutes and not take anything else in. Plants are dormant at night as far as nutrient uptake so in a way this will keep it from taking in any other salts etc. The idea is to cut as soon as lights on before anything new is absorbed. This will leave you with a great smelling and tasting product that will cure much quicker. Just something I read about.

I read somewhere that the reason to put them in dark for a day or 2 is for the plant to use up it's nutes and not take anything else in. Plants are dormant at night as far as nutrient uptake so in a way this will keep it from taking in any other salts etc. The idea is to cut as soon as lights on before anything new is absorbed. This will leave you with a great smelling and tasting product that will cure much quicker. Just something I read about.

Sounds good to me! ;)

looking good bro

Hey Slim how you doing? Hope things are going well, I know you've been busy. Take care!

Hey Blue :hmmmm:

The dark period! Here's what I know......and this is not counting OC+.
Supposedly you put them in the dark for 2 or 3 days, having flushed them and have not watered them for a day or two. The idea is to have the plant try to save themselves having no water they send the last of their water an nutes to the top of the plant to save the buds..
That's the idea!
However with you not even in soil, I don't see the point in it. Both of us are using OC+ and flushing would do no good. Last grow, I didn't flush at all, the OC+ would just release more nutes. It didn't seem to effect the taste of my buds.

With Hempy you might be able to do something.

My first two grows I did the flush and the darkness too. My 2 cents worth.

Sounds good to me! ;)

Thanks guys this is very interesting. I think I'll try a test of some sort, some will get darkness and some won't. Or I'll put the first one in darkness and decide if I want to keep at it. I think I can handle sticking a plant in the closet for a few days haha. :peace:

I would think that the cool darkness could be an effective way to flush for oc+ as well. I use a grow tent for the dark period and drying as well and I can let the temps fall into the 60's. Also, the only thing these weeds are trying to accomplish with their lives is catch some pollen and make some seeds before they die and the dark period signals to them their days are numbered so they pump out more pollen catching resin, at least that's the way it has been explained to me.

Took some pics this morning while watering, hopefully I can remember what's what.

Lucy - 72 days old, 33 days 12/12, 25" still stretching a little

IMAG0934.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0936.jpg

lucy-1 cloned 37 days ago, 14 days 12/12, 11" and budding

IMAG0939.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

lucy-2 cloned 30 days ago, 11 days 12/12, 7" showing pistils

IMAG0928.jpg

IMAG0932.jpg

ak48 66 days old, 33 days 12/12, 30" she's still stretching

IMAG0937.jpg

IMAG0938.jpg

ak-1 cloned 37 days ago, 14 days 12/12, 9.5" and budding - gotta say these tiny plants with budz are awesome!

IMAG0941.jpg

IMAG0942.jpg

ak-2 cloned 30 days ago, 11 days 12/12, 6" showing pistils

IMAG0929.jpg

ak-3 cloned 23 days ago, 11 days 12/12, 2.5" I think she's starting to grow

IMAG0950.jpg

Bagseed - 66 days old, 33 days 12/12, 28" also still stretching and my best looking plant right now

IMAG0943.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

Bubba Kush 72 days old, 33 days 12/12, 20".... can't get any pics but her main cola is filling in nicely, it's just shrouded by the leaves

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

bk-1 cloned 31 days ago, 11 days 12/12, still 2.5" and still just sitting there... crazy!

IMAG0933.jpg

ak-2, lucy-2

IMAG0931.jpg

No complaints. The plants all look great. I think all 6 clones will make it, only one I'm worried about is bk-1 and I know her roots are growing. These BK's have been very different plants from the others.

I can't wait to see what happens with the flowering clones.

Stretch info, 10 days ago and today

AK-1 4", 9.5"
AK-2 3", 6"
Lucy-1 6", 11"
Lucy-2 3", 7"

:peace:

:tokin::tokin::tokin: Hi Mr. RedDawg thanks for dropping by!
She looks so much better than my girls I want to cry :)
I'll be stopping over to check things out, you always have the coolest pics. LED's rock.
:peace: to you my friend

Mr.BlueDog..

I dont think that She looks any better than your Ladies Sir,, I just think She looks a little different is all.. The LEDz do make for some kewl looking Pictures though,, and some different Smoke.. But you have MUCH to be PROUD of my Friend.. !! !!

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, Brother.. ..

Blue, those girls look good to me. :):) Keep it up. I hope my 12/12 from seed Hempy buds look like near your hempy buds lol. Sweet grow.

Blue I am here!!! Apparently I had gotten to page 29 at one point :smokin:.... but just caught up...to page 43.... excuse me I am a little out of breath.... I have had the hickups for 30minutes now:)... please ignore any typing mistakes. I am treating them with peanuts and dark chocolate chips!! It's not working but I have a smile on my face~~Your plants are looking good!!:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom