Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

wow lookin great blue. super crystally.;)

Thanks staffy! They don't look that way except in the pics, but part of that is probably the 2700k lighting. I really hope they fatten and sugar up these last 2-3 weeks. None will hold a candle to your Kali Mist-erpiece :)

Mr.BlueDog..

Thank You kindly my Friend.. !! .. Im always trying to improve on everything I can to help with Growing my own Meds.. I try to Grow the best Quality that I can instead of Quantity,, since I only Grow for myself I really dont need that much Room.. But I did just finish building a new Flowering Room,, the two Tents were just not quite enough Room to have things the way I want them.. I would be Honored to have you stop by and let me know what you think of it when you get a chance.. I think the Ladies I moved in to it today are going to like their new Diggz,, at least I HOPE so.. lol.. ..

Much Love and Respect to you and yours,, Sir.. ..

RedDawg thanks I just checked out your new upgrade, I like it! Movin' on up!

Anyone reading this journal who loves looking at awesome plant and bud pics, you gotta check out Mr. RedDawg's grow.... a true master at work! :peace:

blue your ladies impress me more and more they all lookin great

Thanks so much Slim! They keep impressing me too, they've exceeded what I thought would happen.

Still this is not an efficient use of my lights and space, the plants are just too big. I'm hoping for even better results next time around.

Nice Blue! Looking really good. Lucy looks much better than mine! :Rasta:

Morning OMM! I find that hard to believe, can you post some more pics of yours? Mine is only now really coming into her own, she was a slow budder lol.

I now see why growers use silicate, every day the branches are sinking under the weight of the buds... they don't get any direct breeze, the stems/branches are decent sized but not strong... always something to fret about.

Thanks to everyone who stops by and says hi, I really appreciate it!

hey Blue, looking good. Lucy's new trim suits her. She'll get a fat bottom now. :goodluck::goodjob:

hey Blue, looking good. Lucy's new trim suits her. She'll get a fat bottom now. :goodluck::goodjob:

Thanks Mmmmick! I like fat bottomed girls, as long as they're fat on top too!

Hey Blue, just checkin in! :Rasta:

Was curious to see how the flowering clones are doing. I topped a clone that was taken a couple weeks into flower and she turned into a mutant. I still have her but will be putting her back into flower soon to see what she does..

Now a ? for you!

Do you think taking clones from a flowering plant has any adverse effects on them or make them more likely to hermie? I am speaking of the clones and not the mother! Been readin a lil bit but really can't find a definite answer, what are your thoughts?

:peace:

Hey 52! Thanks for dropping by.

I would not recommend taking clones in flower because it takes forever for them to reveg, beyond that I really don't know. These are my first clones.

My flowering clones are just sitting there, haven't seen any new growth and it's been 18 days now. They were only in flower 2 weeks.

They're in a pot together and I really want more Lucys so I'm going to ride it out, but if not for that I would put them back in the flower room. They could well end up mutants I'll just have to wait & see.... take care!

blue,
will make this a fast post, the plants look great....really great...
about the flowering clone....ok, takes a longggg time....i have a b.c.
blackberry that i took a clone of when it was deep in flower, only because
i had none that i knew was female, and this one was.....and she has a pot full of roots all white and beautious, and is still trying to grow one leaf....over 5 wks now....i know shes healthy form the roots, but, the growth i think is done in centuries....the way it looks now, i may fail, before she gets a leaf...lol....but she is a beaut.....so i keep her....hugs, L

Thanks for the info Lav, that makes me feel better. I plan on starting up my sog in 3-4 weeks so hopefully they'll be giving me some clones by then but if not I'll just wait them out. I have a feeling Lucy clones will be worth the wait, and I know the AK's will. Talk to you soon bye!

Sorry Blue I think the next time you see my Lucy will be in a drying box. Raining like crazy here and more coming. May take her down in 2 days. If not, I'll post pictures. Kind of pre trimmed her already! :grinjoint:

BlueDog first I would like to say thanks for the advice. Now I finally got through your journal and I must say very impressive. My thoughts of going Hempy were confimed the farther I got into this. I hope you have a woundeful harvest in the up coming weeks.

Ditto...my two big Lucys are getting close too....the closet full of clones, is kinda out of control. I envisioned 10 or 12 plants finishing at 24in. or so. I got 12, 3footers **and Two, 36inchers in 5 gal buckets to go out , and we've just started to flower(** when I chop the 2 big ones) They look to be yielding 2 or 3 oz each plant....I hope Lucy is all it can be....:tokin:.......there's gonna be a bunch of it.

Sorry Blue I think the next time you see my Lucy will be in a drying box. Raining like crazy here and more coming. May take her down in 2 days. If not, I'll post pictures. Kind of pre trimmed her already! :grinjoint:

BlueDog first I would like to say thanks for the advice. Now I finally got through your journal and I must say very impressive. My thoughts of going Hempy were confimed the farther I got into this. I hope you have a woundeful harvest in the up coming weeks.

Hey PB! I was glad to check out your grow, I think it's looking right on track. I'm loving hempy so far. It's easy, cheap, it works and you don't have the issues present with soil.

One thing I suggest is don't use pots any larger than you need, mine are too big. I'd say no larger than 3 gals for bigger plants like these.

Hi Blue! :)

Posted some pictures of Lucy in my journal....didn't chop her.

Like the saying goes....think she is ready....wait another week! :)

I'm glad she's still fattening up OMM! She looks great, that's one sweet main cola. Mine is tiny by comparison both in length and thickness, her saving grace is lots of branches with small but dense colas. She won't be a big yielder but hopefully potent, her trichs are clouding up.

Ditto...my two big Lucys are getting close too....the closet full of clones, is kinda out of control. I envisioned 10 or 12 plants finishing at 24in. or so. I got 12, 3footers **and Two, 36inchers in 5 gal buckets to go out , and we've just started to flower(** when I chop the 2 big ones) They look to be yielding 2 or 3 oz each plant....I hope Lucy is all it can be....:tokin:.......there's gonna be a bunch of it.

Man Chopper I hope she's all she can be too, for all of us. That should be one sweet stash :tokin:

I'm taking and flowering small clones, no more than 8" hopefully. Then they should finish around 16-20". But I no longer have access to the big light like you do :)

Today is day 57 for the big 4, they're coming along nicely. I'm estimating 2-4 more weeks, the pistils are still mostly white and the buds are still growing.

Lucy - not much of a main cola but lots of side colas, dunno why she wasn't happier for me. Her clones aren't real happy either. Maybe she wanted to veg longer. Or she's a really late finisher. However her buds are frosting up really nicely.

IMAG1084.jpg

mostly leaf

IMAG10861.jpg

side colas I didn't train her

IMAG10851.jpg

IMAG1087.jpg

ak48 she's looking great thought I took more pics lol.

IMAG1090.jpg

IMAG10881.jpg

side cola

IMAG1089.jpg

ms bagseed

IMAG1091.jpg

IMAG1092.jpg

ms bubba kush she looks like a different plant with the fan leaves trimmed, too bad she's so hard to photograph. She's getting gooey.

IMAG1098.jpg

IMAG1100.jpg

IMAG1097.jpg

IMAG1099.jpg

lucy-1 cloned 61 days ago, 38 days 12/12 she's really not done much I wish I'd vegged her another week.

IMAG1093.jpg

Contrast her with ak-1, exactly the same age & treatment

IMAG1095.jpg

IMAG1096.jpg

That plant, vegged a few more days to a week, is the prototype for my next grow. As many as I can take and take care of. 1/2 oz per plant or better.

A few quick pics of my upcoming grow

red diesel 17 days old

IMAG1102.jpg

super lemon haze 4 days old still has that damn hat, I've tried poking at it but it's on tight, now I try and keep it wet

IMAG1103.jpg

group shot also in there ww, ultra haze #1 & bubblicious.

IMAG11041.jpg

ak-3 (left), bk-1 they have started revegging so I should be able to get clones from them.

IMAG1105.jpg

ak-2 & lucy-2 haven't done anything yet, waiting them out

IMAG1106.jpg

Not sure if I'll start another journal for the sog, if I do it won't be for a while so I'll talk about it here.

ak-1 & lucy-1 went into flower 23 days after cloning. They didn't have very good root development which I discovered at the transplant. They've basically gotten the leftover lighting. Still I'll bet ak-48 will yield 1/4 z or more, she's still got a month to go.

Someone here (Tmac?) had a great idea, put your clones/seedlings in clear plastic cups and put those inside colored cups. That way you can easily see the roots.

I didn't do it for these seedlings because I forgot, but I will for the clones. I'll take short 3-4" clones, veg them until the roots look pretty established, and then flower them. I think 30 days after cloning will be real close to optimal. After stretch they'll be 20" max.

I have 9 strains going right now. 4 clones per strain = 36 plants.

Growing in 2 liters this will take a shockingly small footprint, smaller than my current 4 plant grow does.

Main change from this grow will be adding 25% vermiculite to the mix to enhance vertical moisture wicking, since they'll be in tall thin containers. This will maximize the root zone.

If all goes as planned I'll be hoping to yield about 2 z's per strain or better.

More likely things won't go remotely like planned and I'll realize my plans sucked.

But right now my plan is to veg all these mothers for a month or so and take the clones. Meantime the flowering room should be emptying out. When it's finished in 4-5 weeks I'll take the clones and move them in there. About 30 days later switch the lights. That will be mid-march. Harvests start in mid to late may and continue through June, depending on the strains.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas let me know. Thanks!

Hey Blue,
Looking good my friend. I'm sure you will just keep improving your setup and your yield. May I ask where you got your SLH seeds?

Looking great Blue!!!!!!

I gotta ditto OMMs advice, when you think its ready, give it another week, especially the Lucy. I am on my 3rd Lucy grow and she is all that if you let her finish, properly dry and cure. I just cracked open a jar that has been sealed since August and its the best I've had. That was harvested at aeound 15 - 20% amber, I'm gonna let this one go until about 50% and see how that goes.

BTW - 2 gal pots, liquid ferts MH / HPS lighting on first 2 grows and averaged just under 2 zips per plant. This grow is OC+, 1/2 strength liquid bloom ferts, topped twice and lollipopped and with about a month to go, the buds are as big if not bigger than the other grows when they finished.

Keep up the good work, you're almost there.
And now I must go and become re-acquainted with my old friend Lucy.:tokin:

They all look great Blue!

I can hardly wait til my ak-48 looks like that, til then I'll just drool over yours:drool:

Thanks buddy she sure is a fan favorite. I can't take very good cola pics because of all the backlighting but hers looks beautiful and I love how fat it is. Her clone is the same way. Great strain so far. I'll stop over to check yours out.

Hey Blue,
Looking good my friend. I'm sure you will just keep improving your setup and your yield. May I ask where you got your SLH seeds?

Hey h&w thank you. I hope to keep improving, it's almost hard not to if you hang out here much. I only have the one seed, I got her as a freebie from my order with Single Seed Co. They come from Green House. Hope that seed cover drops off soon, poor thing can't spread her wings.

you have some nice looking plants BlueDog.

:goodjob:

Thank you HTL, and thanks for stopping by!

AK48... (drool drool drool)

Simply beautiful! Good job Blue!

:tokin:

Haha thanks my friend.... another vote for ms ak48 :)

Looking great Blue!!!!!!

I gotta ditto OMMs advice, when you think its ready, give it another week, especially the Lucy. I am on my 3rd Lucy grow and she is all that if you let her finish, properly dry and cure. I just cracked open a jar that has been sealed since August and its the best I've had. That was harvested at aeound 15 - 20% amber, I'm gonna let this one go until about 50% and see how that goes.

BTW - 2 gal pots, liquid ferts MH / HPS lighting on first 2 grows and averaged just under 2 zips per plant. This grow is OC+, 1/2 strength liquid bloom ferts, topped twice and lollipopped and with about a month to go, the buds are as big if not bigger than the other grows when they finished.

Keep up the good work, you're almost there.
And now I must go and become re-acquainted with my old friend Lucy.:tokin:

Hey goon thank you and say hi to Lucy for me! It's great to hear from somebody who's grown her. I looked at some trichs yesterday and they were pretty milky. I hope she keeps fattening up for me.

How long are you vegging your plants for, and how big do they get? I know I'm costing myself some yield with the lighting but it's all I've got right now.

Thanks again one and all.... :peace:

high blue,
you know, we all do as we can...the lighting will come....the plants look great...very happy for you....they dont have to be perfect, they just have to get ya from point a to b....or z? and im sure they will....i have grown some funky plants in my time...and those are great looking....enjoy, and hugs, L:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom