Hermie pollinated rest of plants

That1guy1

420 Member
Hey guys some info-
I have a few outdoor bag seed plants which are in late flower (9th week of flower exactly) as I’m from the Southern Hemisphere this is when they tend to finish.
I noticed that 2 plants were Hermie with pollen sacs underneath them that are opened. I’ve inspected the other females and noticed that once opening the calyx there is a tiny seed so I’m assuming they’ve all been pollinated.
the question is should I chop them down or leave them for a few weeks till there finished? majority of hairs have gone brown with all trichomes being cloudy
Some plants are slower and have a lot of white hairs which will take a little longer. Here’s some pics of the females. Sorry about photo quality
3AE7388B-1117-4609-8010-610A64253A40.png
EAADE48B-216A-48BA-9918-06153EB81F30.png
78304CA0-0500-4717-A523-509F659BE360.png
829449D8-81A4-4133-B1DD-2553B32F5AA8.png
66EC3AB8-EB55-43C4-8412-6D3508888643.png

Yeah that's the problem with hermies. Get them to the end and smoke them. Just have to pick out seeds. No.loss in potency only yield . Nice to see some outdoors southern hemisphere buds. Mine are getting to the end too. I'm in Africa. Good luck man

I just had one do that lol Bud is killer just rips me so hard lol the funny thing was I cut it down a week early and it’s strongest of the bunch
I’m thinking of leaving them for as long as I can, with the weather getting worse and mould I may chop them down before the rain comes anyway. Will the seeds take a while to Develop and would it effect yield?

I’m thinking of leaving them for as long as I can, with the weather getting worse and mould I may chop them down before the rain comes anyway. Will the seeds take a while to Develop and would it effect yield?

Early can affect yield (seeds or not), but then mold/bud rot does too in the end ;) :rofl: Hardest part of outdoors is dealing with mother nature at the end of it as she can be unpredictable, unlike indoors where you can wait it out until it is "optimal harvest time". Seeds take time to develop but who knows how long they been doing their thing when discovered after the fact, unlike when you intentionally pollinate something you know a time frame. I haven't experimented with it but general consensus is seeds from a Hermie are more likely to grow more Hermies, so if you have other options for seeds I would use those first unless you going to do an experiment to prove/disprove that thought line ;) .

Early can affect yield (seeds or not), but then mold/bud rot does too in the end ;) :rofl: Hardest part of outdoors is dealing with mother nature at the end of it as she can be unpredictable, unlike indoors where you can wait it out until it is "optimal harvest time". Seeds take time to develop but who knows how long they been doing their thing when discovered after the fact, unlike when you intentionally pollinate something you know a time frame. I haven't experimented with it but general consensus is seeds from a Hermie are more likely to grow more Hermies, so if you have other options for seeds I would use those first unless you going to do an experiment to prove/disprove that thought line ;) .
I opened up a few seed sites and it looked like the very early stages of pollination hopefully it’ll produce some good bud still

I opened up a few seed sites and it looked like the very early stages of pollination hopefully it’ll produce some good bud still

should be fine, just old school have to pick out the seeds and affects volume more than quality......more an issue if you selling as it tanks the value, not as "end of the world" as some folks make it out to be if you growing your own.

I’m looking to sell it to a friend of mine, should I harvest before seeds Develop too much?
the pistils have receded and calyxs have swollen on majority of the plants

Here are some better photos, all trichomes are cloudy and ive noticed only a few amber ones so far

3B2D701B-F009-4472-91EE-0F19DEB77124.jpeg
2543D3BF-34CC-4263-932B-E1637D394243.jpeg
C4D7AC7D-9D07-4091-8D07-CECB3B70A42B.jpeg

Attachments

• C17DBD82-CAF1-487B-9179-5885CF183FBB.jpeg
    C17DBD82-CAF1-487B-9179-5885CF183FBB.jpeg
    806.4 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom