Hi everyone I'm totally new to growing

Welcome!

3 gal will work, but if they're plastic they will get root bound which could give you problems at some point.
If you haven't started anything yet then why not make it easier on yourself and get at least 5 gallon fabric pots if you're growing in coco, 7+ gal fabric if you want to do a super soil type grow and 15+ gal fabric if you want to grow Living Organic Soil.
The smaller the pot the more precise and on the ball you will have to be, far less room for mistakes.
I am just a lazy SOB so I prefer to use 25 gallon fabric and all I do is grow soil and let the soil do all the work of growing the plant, I just water and watch them grow.

I also have to disagree with you. I can't remember which one it was. This was over two years ago, but I got a pound off one of my 3.5 gallon buckets. Total tight nugs. I don't remember if it was one I mainlined or low stress training. I also had two buckets. top one had a hose going to the bottom 1" hose with a 3" cup grow pots at the bottom.

Welcome @Trickyt the only thing a smaller pot causes is a smaller plant. Less area for roots means smaller output, but it's all relative right? I got about 1.5oz off one of my first plants in a cloth bag that was about 3.5gal....under a burple even! I got enough weed off 3 plants on my first grow to last me a year easy. You'll do great with your plan, I guarantee it!

The only thing I would say is 4 plants needs plenty of light, what are you running for the sun part of your grow?
They get direct sun from sun up to sun down. I have foxfarm grow big nutes but haven't started using yet as they just popped up 3 days ago

I also have to disagree with you. I can't remember which one it was. This was over two years ago, but I got a pound off one of my 3.5 gallon buckets. Total tight nugs. I don't remember if it was one I mainlined or low stress training. I also had two buckets. top one had a hose going to the bottom 1" hose with a 3" cup grow pots at the bottom.

And what exactly are you disagreeing with?

10gal pots with docbudshighbrix soil is amazing!!!!
3 gal will work, but if they're plastic they will get root bound which could give you problems at some point.
If you haven't started anything yet then why not make it easier on yourself and get at least 5 gallon fabric pots if you're growing in coco, 7+ gal fabric if you want to do a super soil type grow and 15+ gal fabric if you want to grow Living Organic Soil.
The smaller the pot the more precise and on the ball you will have to be, far less room for mistakes.
I am just a lazy SOB so I prefer to use 25 gallon fabric and all I do is grow soil and let the soil do all the work of growing the plant, I just water and watch them grow.

:rofl::laugh::rofl: Duuude...
Well it was arcata. Humboldt county. They knew it was just a joke. They know me. Just basically saying... dude (california language). Come on... get it so we don't have to stop by. Again. More of in the sense that they were warning me that others might see it also. Theives or whatever, even knowing that I can take care of it myself.

Back
Top Bottom